Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Campaign Mode missions
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Would you like to see full campaigns in RoTD?
Yes, but only if they were true to the original game
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Yes, but take some creative liberties (add in hidden mission paths, etc.)
60%
 60%  [ 21 ]
No, I want this to be multiplayer-only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

Renegade Prime
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject:  Campaign Mode missions
Subject description: Designing RoTD missions in FinalSun
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since RoTD uses its own executable for launching the game, other than SUN.exe, FinalSun will not load any part of the mod whatsoever, making it harder to develop anything for the single-player aspect. It's fairly simple enough to port over all of the video sequences, but without direct compatibility with a map editor, how can they even be made?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No... no campaign was intended - so don't bother...

Renegade Prime
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
No... no campaign was intended - so don't bother...
Actually, I believe the exact entry in the "Features that can't be implemented" thread was that lack of campaigns was due to lack of time to dedicate to them, not that they flat-out weren't intended.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if i am right there is something in the FinalSun inis that allow you to change what FinalSun looks for when opening files to use. im not to sure though if it is there for certain and wheres at if it is. but if it is there then you could just simply tell it to search for anything RotD related i think. i may look into that cause i like RotD and would like to maybe make a fan map or 2 later on.

and i also would like to see a campaign if it was just like the one from TD but like said one wasnt intended plus it would be hard to do anything like that. I do believe though that a few of the TD GDI missions were re-made for TS by someone at tibweb however they are multiplier only right now.

so give me a few days and maybe ill make an extra copy of my Finalsun compatible for RotD and tell how.....unless someone else wants to go ahead and share.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well the campaign would mean adding gunboats and hovercrafts and such...

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hava a modified Finalsun.exe i used to edit the GDI campaign map in RotD... i will upload it if i can find it again

Renegade Prime
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds, that'd only mean adding in the hovercrafts and gunboats for the single-player missions as restricted units - they can't be ordered to do anything. Shouldn't be too hard to do, I don't think... though getting the art to work 100% for the hovercraft is a challenge.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

should be possible. Vehicle transport logic works for dropships, and TS has amphibious APCs. And I wouldn't really care if it was a more RA2-styled covered hovercraft where you don't see the units.

It's just that, AFAIK, ROTD doesn't have voxels for these 2 units yet.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i could edit a finalsun for you, so it works with ROTD, just ... give me time, i have too much on at the moment. ill update this post once its done Very Happy

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think there should be a campaign. I still haven't downloaded this mod yet cuz there is no campaign. (although I will anyway, cuz it seems way too awesome).

soader
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that would be awsome because i loved Dawn campaigns, i used to get well into it,sitting up all night playing it, to bring it back to life would be wicked, because i lost my cnc dawn many years ago Sad

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I play TD campaigns at TAFE on my laptop, a good way to pass the time when your ahead of the rest of the class Cool

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hrrmmmmm......

1) Karnatu please watch the last post date of the topic. Though, I guess this one is somewhat valid since you are adding to a question/idea.

2)as I said when this thread first appeared, I would be happy to see a campaign.

3)I'm helping Sane with his TD:CS mod which is putting TD on the YR engine and of course that means im redoing the maps/missions.
So if the RotD staff would like i could always try to do the same for them once I finish a few other projects first though. Also though that would involve adding a few other things like said a lot earlier. Smile

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea. TD campaigns were awesome, would be neat to have the same feeling yet something new. tiny village wars, prison breaks..and..Dinos #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROTD has dinos, afaik.. on Carno's maps

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the coast and Jurassic Island do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon