Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Getting SHP builder to ACUALLY SEE JPGS
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Abokasee-Red
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject:  Getting SHP builder to ACUALLY SEE JPGS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The question is in the title, I find it a pain that I constantly have to work with crappy .gifs for Icons, my anger borderline was just broken when a image i've edited as soon as I importated it, it has lots of blue dots on it Mad

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an idea, SHP Builder issues go in the SHP Builder forum. Moved.

Banshee (in the uni)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which settings did you use?

Make sure the background colour is set properly and... that you haven't used anti-aliasing in your original picture, otherwise, you'll have to wipe the 'blue dots' one by one...

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Abokasee-Red wrote:
The question is in the title, I find it a pain that I constantly have to work with crappy .gifs for Icons, my anger borderline was just broken when a image i've edited as soon as I importated it, it has lots of blue dots on it Mad

The concept of palettes and bad file formats has completely eluded you. Well done.

Fact: Cameos use the cameo.pal palette. That's only 256 predetermined colors. Gifs are 8bit and use a palette. Any color in your image that is not on the cameo palette will be converted to the nearest color. This creates the "blue dots" you speak of.

Fact: JPGs are the worst possible format you can use for C&C modding. Try using a sane format.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Abokasee-Red
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icyson... can you acually... suggest a format I should use, the shp builder dosn't pick up ANY other format than Gifs, I mean Jpgs are better than gifs, but yes there are others better than jpegs, but, im more intrested in getting the shp builder, able to "decect" other formats the stupid gifs, not aquiring the knowledge that Png is better jpeg.

Last edited by Abokasee-Red on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JPEGs are NOT better than GIFs by any means.

Use PNG, then use XCC Mixer 1.45U to convert from PNG to SHP(TS), then you can correct any errors using SHP Builder.

Last edited by IcySon55 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Abokasee-Red
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

Dam, how do I do the conversions Sad

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figure it out. It's pretty damn easy.

Abokasee-Red
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it would be, Right click -> clipboard -> paste as Shp, but it grays it Sad

Good this is really beginning to get on my nevers Rolling Eyes

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "PNG > SHP(TS)" option on the right click menu also evaded your eyes...

Abokasee-Red
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That option is grayed out, and if drag the png into the mixer when i click on it (with right or left) it crashes, also if right click on nothing, it crashes Embarassed

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahahahahahahahah; T__T go read some tutorials on using XCC Mixer.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

use BMP, but add "0000" four zero's
Works flawlesly!!!

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx wrote:
Works flawlesly!!!

BMP is not supported by XCC Mixer now, never was, and never will be.

Abokasee-Red
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx wrote:
Works flawlesly!!!

will this work with .png Smile , or was that just some very desperate saracasm Rolling Eyes

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do that with PNG.

Don
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Abokasee-Red wrote:
That option is grayed out, and if drag the png into the mixer when i click on it (with right or left) it crashes, also if right click on nothing, it crashes Embarassed

Use the latest version of XCC Mixer that has png support herehttp://www.vk.cncguild.net/TOOLS/DATA/XCC_Utils_U.zip

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.44 has proper PNG support. 1.45 have a screwed up PNG support. So beware.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.45 U (An edit made by VK) fixes PNG support, adds XP style support, and has the second pane open by default. Overall, the best XCC Mixer released so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum