Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
voxel generator?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject:  voxel generator? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I heard there was a such thing, a script that turns gmax or 3ds max files to voxels. where would it be found. I think i sow 1 couple months ago on a site called cnc resources but i can't find the site now.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanx Banshee

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where can i get gmax, and is it easier than making a voxel

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.discreet.com

(Go to products and select GMAX).

I've never used Flyby's script yet, so I cant say if it's easier or harder... but seems to be easier...

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive tryed it and it doesnt work with gmax so ill try it with a 3ds max demo.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good luck.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

while the generator (3dstovxl) makes no sense, flyby's script doesn't work at all. the generator says its missing lot of texture files and thats why it wont gen correctly. i'm trying to find right now...

EDIT: well the file i'm using is a sample model that came with app, with a LOT of textures. i found these but export to .3ds format seemed to change the model so that it looks for different texture files. apparently, all the texture files had underscores and it removed everything after the underscore for file name. (e.g. looks for SAMPLE_.jpg instead of SAMPLE_123456.jpg). this caused a lot of confusion for the voxel generator. and all the files in the sample texture folder have underscores.

Solution: make my own model and take time to rrename textures(duh).

EDIT: I havn't yet figured out where it looks for textures. i tried it with the program inside 3dsmax folder 3dsmax\maps folder and just c:\ . it doesn't work. attached is an image with my output results

test.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.48 KB
 Viewed:  15203 Time(s)

test.gif

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ook nm voxels dont have textures anyway

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope, voxels have colors!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool ill get to work

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Urr i'm guessing Flyby's Max 2 Vxl Script is what we need to turn gmax or 3ds max files to voxels. But how do i use it?

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeh, thats what i wanna know, i ran the script and got the pop up with the camera crap, but how do you create the voxel from it?

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well the scirpt runs correctly here! Even on Gmax Surprised but i can olny convert small things Sad i converted the turret of this tank perfectly but when i convert the tank it freezes and crashes EVERY TIME

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't even know how to use it, after downloading it and unzipping it i'm stuck.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

put it into the gmax folder under scripts and startup.. then click on the hammer on the right and MAXscirpt is the last button

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea it works here too without textures

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOW THE ztype DO I USE IT, I PUT IT IN THE ztyping FOLDER AND RUN IT IN GMAX AND I'M SURPOSE TO MAGICALLY KNOW HOW TO USE IT THEN AM I?
WHY DON'T A ztyping README COME WITH THIS ztyping SCRIPT? Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Confused Confused Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

err if you've used a script before, you would know

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i 8nt used it b4.

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeh, thats kinda the point! we haven't used it before, hence our not knowing how... seriously, would it take so much for a little step by step off someone who does know?

i ran the script, created a camera and a reference foundation (though i do not know what for) and there are no more options, what do i do after that?

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm, you are using the SHP script.... dont u want to make a voxel?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but sk8erkid we don't know how

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no offense but you guys aren't being very helpful towards me and terror..

i'm using RA2_TOOLSET.MS with gmax (i assume thats what terror is using) and this is what the script looks like the attached file..

i added a camera with it then a reference foundation, but what do i do after that?

screeny.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.93 KB
 Viewed:  15082 Time(s)

screeny.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terror seems to want to make a voxel with the SHP Tools. He ain't be able to do it. If he wanna voxels, he must use Flyby's script for voxel that can be found in FedNET. However, the voxels generated by that are grey. I mean, the script doesnt get the colours. So... I guess that Vipr's thing is better, but requires 3dsmax.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually i'v kinda been useing this 1:
Have i been useing the wrong 1?
If yes they i need to know what tool dark is useing and how to use it?

script.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.8 KB
 Viewed:  15072 Time(s)

script.jpg

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, i'm so confusssssssseeeeeeeeeddddddddddddd *screams*

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, i tried the script terror is using, and i pretrty much know how to use it, problem is, it says that gmax has no export possibilitys when i hit export... ay have to try with 3ds max...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terror, you are using the correct tool.

You have to export exactly as text and then, you get XCC and convert the text to voxel.

Dark, Flyby made 2 scripts: one for voxel and one for SHP. You are using the one for SHP (to make the buildings, infantry, animations, etc...)

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually there seems to be 3 tools by flyby for voxels, one of them just appears to be useless, which is the one i took a piccy of...

i exported to the txt and converted to voxel, but it didn't work! at all!

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, if u use the flyby script terror showed, first off your voxel must be ONE shape.. so connect all the parts. Click Select model or whatever it says at the top. click voxelize. when its done hit F11. Select all of the bottom text frame. paste into a new txt. CHANGE ALL THE 'undefined' INTO A NUMBER (i sujust somehting around 45, wasiets to work with imo) then save it as whatever.txt, open XCC, go to where u saved it, right click, 'copy as voxel', go into XCC folder, open the voxel and put in your colors...

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w00t! it worked! it was the bit about changing undefined to 45 that i didn't know about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i can make lots of shit voxels! i rock!!! \00/

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Terror, you are using the correct tool.

You have to export exactly as text and then, you get XCC and convert the text to voxel.

Dark, Flyby made 2 scripts: one for voxel and one for SHP. You are using the one for SHP (to make the buildings, infantry, animations, etc...)

Thanks Banshee, but you c the part that says path, well the path that is typed in doen't exist on my comp cos i 8nt got RA2 installed, i changed the patch to C:\gmax2\vxl.txt and it said it created it but nothink was in that folderwhen i looked?

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats because GMAX cant export it! did u not read my post, after its voxelized click F11 and copy the bottom section text into a new text document and change all the 'unidentified' to a to like 45, then open XCC and convert to voxel!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What 'bottom section text '?

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, run gmax, open your model, then hit f11, you will get window called the listener..... now run the script and when you hit voxelize the listener will fill up with text like

Quote:
0,1,2,2,1,undefined
0,1,2,3,1,undefined
0,1,2,4,1,undefined
0,1,3,2,1,undefined
0,1,3,3,1,undefined
0,1,3,4,1,undefined
0,1,3,5,1,undefined
0,1,4,2,1,undefined
0,1,4,3,1,undefined
0,1,4,4,1,undefined
0,1,5,3,1,undefined
0,2,1,2,1,undefined
0,2,1,3,1,undefined
0,2,1,4,1,undefined
0,2,2,1,1,undefined
0,2,2,5,1,undefined
0,2,3,1,1,undefined
0,2,3,5,1,undefined
0,2,4,1,1,undefined
0,2,4,5,1,undefined
0,2,5,2,1,undefined
0,2,5,3,1,undefined
0,2,5,4,1,undefined
0,3,1,2,1,undefined
0,3,1,3,1,undefined
0,3,1,4,1,undefined
0,3,1,5,1,undefined
0,3,2,1,1,undefined
0,3,2,5,1,undefined
0,3,3,1,1,undefined
0,3,3,6,1,undefined
0,3,4,1,1,undefined
0,3,4,5,1,undefined
0,3,5,1,1,undefined
0,3,5,2,1,undefined
0,3,5,4,1,undefined
0,3,5,5,1,undefined
0,3,6,3,1,undefined
0,4,1,2,1,undefined
0,4,1,3,1,undefined
0,4,1,4,1,undefined
0,4,2,1,1,undefined
0,4,2,5,1,undefined
0,4,3,1,1,undefined
0,4,3,5,1,undefined
0,4,4,1,1,undefined
0,4,4,5,1,undefined
0,4,5,2,1,undefined
0,4,5,3,1,undefined
0,4,5,4,1,undefined
0,5,1,3,1,undefined
0,5,2,2,1,undefined
0,5,2,3,1,undefined
0,5,2,4,1,undefined
0,5,3,1,1,undefined
0,5,3,2,1,undefined
0,5,3,4,1,undefined
0,5,3,5,1,undefined
0,5,4,2,1,undefined
0,5,4,3,1,undefined
0,5,4,4,1,undefined
0,5,5,3,1,undefined
0,6,3,3,1,undefined

just copy all that into a text file and save it... change all the undefined's into 45 like:

(i used word pads replace all feature)

then use the mixer toconvert to vxl and all done

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok thanks

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did that and al i got is

Welcome to MAXScript.

checking Box02
model bounds is [-38.6847,-63.1576,8.10781] to [14.8153,-9.65756,28.1078]
model size = [6,6,2]
Creating empty section
searching xz from 0 to 2.0 with [0,0,1]..
61 rays cast, 25 voxels found, 0 out-of-bounds
searching xz from 2.0 to 0 with [0,0,-1]..
45 rays cast, 9 voxels found, 16 out-of-bounds
searching xz from 0 to 6.0 with [0,1,0]..
21 rays cast, 9 voxels found, 0 out-of-bounds
searching xz from 6.0 to 0 with [0,-1,0]..
searching yz from 0 to 6.0 with [1,0,0]..
searching yz from 6.0 to 0 with [-1,0,0]..
51 voxels plotted
cleaning up ram

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeh, the undefined stuff comes up when you hit export... was my mistake Very Happy

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It sucks cos u can only select 1 object Confused

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just connect all ur objects

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeh, click on one of the objects in your scene to select it and go to the modify panel on the right, if the object is an editable mesh you will see a button somewhere in one of the rollouts saying "attach" click it, then click the button next to it saying "attach" list.. then select all the objects you want in the voxel, attach them and then run the script!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok i dunno where any of that stuff is Dark.

Dark
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeh, i noticed that the script DOESN'T work with gmax... all of the 0,5,5,3,1,undefined crap will never show up in the listener because the export option doesn't work...

unless there are settings you have to change i don't think it works with gmax at all since it hasn't with me.. hence my using 3dsmax5.. sorry Sad

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, are you related to Einstien, Because you are effing SMART!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, but I really dont know Einstein's family and I'm also not close to it...

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just kidding about einstien, but you are pretty damn smart.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon