Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Two New RA2 Moderators: Elerium and Donut Arnold.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject:  Two New RA2 Moderators: Elerium and Donut Arnold.
Subject description: Bewatch! They are armed with tesla weapons to keep the peace in the town.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a lot of interesting offers, we've recently hire two (instead of one) moderators to join Tratos to keep the RA2 Editing Forums cleaned and friendly for everyone.

Elerium had a mod hosted here a while ago called X-Com Escalation, but he droppped the work on that due to lack of motivation. Recently, he has been supporting the guys who work on Robot Storm. So, Elerium has some coding experience, moderating experience and he is a guy who always contributed with the community, hardly causing any troubles.

Following the same trade, Donut Arnold leads Terror From The Deep, also with a fair modding knowledge of the game and some interesting graphics skills. And also, a quite matured person who has contributed with this community for a long time.

As I said above, some of the people who offered to help our RA2 area were also great candidates, and it was hard to choose between them all. So, even if I don't please everyone here with these choices, I'm sure both are trustworthy and I know them for some time. Give them a warm welcome and I'm sure you won't regret it. And, keep modding RA2/YR and if you have any doubts, do not hesitate to use our editing forums to get some help.

Current RA2 Moderators:
-> Tratos
-> Elerium
-> Donut Arnold

Global Moderators:
-> Muldrake
-> Clazzy
-> Morpher

Admins:
-> Banshee
-> Sk8erkid

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, guys Smile

BTW, what about moderators the TS forums?
If Morpher is now a global mod, SMIFF isn't very active, and you know what DVD is up to..

If there's an opening there, I'd be happy to take it

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you are probably the best name for that. Are you interested? (Say yes and you are hired).

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yessir

I'd be glad to Smile

The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah snap...

i wanna join in this one. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I am intrigued by this continiation. Perhaps a new topic for that?

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I join as a TS moderator, I'm mature enough and knowledgeable enough to do it Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd actually recommend TSHyper if ya still need another guy to moderate the TS section, provided that he's interested.

The Team Black Index

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm congrats to Elerium and Donut Arnold!

BTW I'd love to take a job being a TS moderator if you are indeed in need of that. I have contributed many maps to the community, I apply criticism in a friendly way, I do know a decent amount of coding, and I do like to keep things clean. Smile

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I'd actually recommend TSHyper if ya still need another guy to moderate the TS section, provided that he's interested.

Now thats nice of you, very nice Wink

I would love to take the job, i just think i might need some guidance with the whole moderation area.

But anyway, congrats to Elerium and DA, im sure you will do well Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, before Donut himself sees this, it's DonutArnold without space #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rico wrote:
Can I join as a TS moderator, I'm mature enough and knowledgeable enough to do it Very Happy

I have the same chances... and we don't want end of the world, do we?

Anyway... I do think blubb or Hyper would make a good additions.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHyper wrote:
I would love to take the job, i just think i might need some guidance with the whole moderation area.

Well, basically, read the rules, make sure somebody acts against them and then swing the banhammer, or find out his home address and tombstone him Very Happy Twisted Evil

Not much guidance required IMO, it's really just checking for the rules to be obeyed and for things to be keept peaceful.
And that should happen on a regular basis, ie you need to be active, which you are.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to thank Banshee for choosing me for this job. When I was checking that post "Looking for RA2 moderator", I decided to give a shot even I was sure about that I won't get the job, but hey, take a look at me now! #Tongue

I think I need to quick revise some RA2 modding stuff because I have forgotten some stuff... don't worry, it's not the end of the World. Smile

Yuri o07 wrote:
Banshee, before Donut himself sees this, it's DonutArnold without space #Tongue

Too late! #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You all crack me up begging to be moderators... You'll get yourself freakin' fired withing a few days cause you'll more than likely abuse your power's and make stupid mistakes... Banshee... Pick someone who's been here a long time and alot of experience... For the love of God, pick IcySon55... Then thered finaly be a decent amount of order... And less people like gufu to annoy the crap out of all of us.
Speaking of RA2 Moderation, why isn't there a spotlighted map's section for RA2? There NEED'S to be! #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icy for TS?

no no no
Icy is Red Alert not TS!

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
You all crack me up begging to be moderators... You'll get yourself freakin' fired withing a few days cause you'll more than likely abuse your power's and make stupid mistakes...

Have you paid any attention to their posting habits? Any at all? Confused

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
You all crack me up begging to be moderators... You'll get yourself freakin' fired withing a few days cause you'll more than likely abuse your power's and make stupid mistakes...

Maybe you're right, maybe not... Laughing

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Begging? Im not begging, i just replied to TB's post and said i would not minding moderating the TS section. If i would be of help to the forum by being one is another thing though...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, no, ARO's right. I begged Banshee day and night, and bribed him with 1000 chocolate chip cookies #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These cookies were delicious #Tongue.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say we give him cake instead and then we shall achieve what we want!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, yes, i'm already global mod at TibWeb for over a year(since it started)...

have I abused my powers there?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, may I wonder why Tratos and Sk8erkid are on that list ?

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I happen to be interested in the position for TS Moderator, if anybody is looking for one. I specialize in mapping and coding and I believe I could get pretty good references from several people like Morpher, TSHyper and Muldrake. Besides, I think Hyper would make an excellent TS forum mod if I had to give my honest opinion, same goes for Team Black.

Congrats to the new RA2 mods, by the way! Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaTS... I'm refering to those who are all jumpy and desperate for a spot.
The point i'm trying to make is that people who have a long time of experience should be moderators..
I Say, for TS, pick TitanMarkII and TSHyper... Maybe team black. Confused
As for RA2, IcySon55 for the win... I'd do it too, as i love RA2, but it's not my place to say i'd be ideal for the spot...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Judeau: Tratos is still active. Sk8erkid hardly posts, but still visits and I still hold a great respect for everything he made for PPM during these years..

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You forgot to mention Elerium is Allied scum! Particle crawler!

Go Elerium. Razz

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
You forgot to mention Elerium is Allied scum! Particle crawler!

Har Har #Tongue

Beware the infantry that garrisons buildings which lead to Particle Cannons popping in your base!

Thanks for the moderating position guys!

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTSchikinhed wrote:
haha, yes, i'm already global mod at TibWeb for over a year(since it started)...

have I abused my powers there?

Yep, a couple times now. #Tongue

I do see Aro's point, it is funny seeing everyone jump whenever Banshee so much as says the words "new moderator". Laughing
The truth is that no one can say that they would be a good moderator, it really requires an unbiased opinion.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, TB brought up the point and Banshee replied positively:

Quote:
I guess you are probably the best name for that. Are you interested? (Say yes and you are hired).

That obviously means there are still open positions, which results in more people showing interest in them, sounds logical to me, heh.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got to admit though, it's pretty funny seeing everyone jump up out of nowhere, it's like a "Pick me, Pick me!" kind of thing. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I wanted Banshee to read my mind, but my Force powers were at an all time low - asking him here on the forum was the next best option.

The Team Black Index

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think being a member is good enough.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Deathray: i said tibweb, not TumSun (epic fail, on my part)

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tartan Bunny wrote:
I think being a member is good enough.

Yeah, true, but the topics in the TS forum don't always stay helpful, sometimes there are suggestions that don't make sense (from inexperienced people etc.), would be nice to be able to clean that up, but you are right that being able to properly help people doesn't require you to be a mod, that's kinda obvious #Tongue

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats to the new mods..

And if you need a mod for the TS forum, I can surely join up Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!