Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
The alien signal, did anyone decoded that?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [95 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject:  The alien signal, did anyone decoded that?
Subject description: Have you seen the network bar in our site?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM's current layout was launched on january 1st, 2007. So, it's been more than 11 months since it is online. Since then, nobody ever posted a single comment about some weird signal in the network bar, which was some kind of easter egg of PPM. The only sign of its existance is in the credits of the site. At the moment the layout was created, EALA was challenging fans to decode messages from the Scrin faction and since then, we've been the first C&C site to officially get a scrin message. Maybe it is stupid, but I feel I had to mention it...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have spoke to Muldrake about it, and did notice it a while ago. But it is a bit small Bansh, My eyes can not read it...

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never noticed it... Its really hard to see. Plus, I usually just go to the forums. Even when I do use the main site, that network bar is too annoying for me to even look at...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol it is very hard to notice and read but I barely did just now. >_<

Normally I go straight to the new posts of the day. Neutral

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah its barely legible even when i noticed it. I think the last word is PPM though

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did notise is a long time ago, but I didn't think much about it... It's to small and to dark to read, sorry...

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed it but it's crappy quality and impossible for me to (put forth the effort required to) decode it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea... I must admit that to make it fit the network bar, I had to reduce it a lot, which makes the quality be a bit too crappy, but someone guessed the last word correctly #Tongue.

Nighthawk
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, I didn't know it was a message, I thought it was just there for effect, so I've practically ignored it all this time.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to say banshee that it I just noticed it now because it blended in well with the background and only the last 3 letters are visible just a guess though but does it say Long Live PPM?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can hardly see it, but I think the third last word is "happy".

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that one of the words is 'Oibles' #Tongue (from the bottum of the main page)

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tooo hard to read... to much pixelated when I try to get closer.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may need to use some graphic effects from your Photoshop or PSP to read them #Tongue.

The words "Oilbles, happy, long and live" are not in the message.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know it #Tongue

But i will let other people work it out xD

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
You may need to use some graphic effects from your Photoshop or PSP to read them #Tongue.

The words "Oilbles, happy, long and live" are not in the message.

Too distorted man, if you could possibly slide out a more cleared up image of it, with more brightness to show actual letters as well, would help. Wink

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried sharpening it in almost all ways and at different levels, changing the colour to make it more readable, etc. but it's way too distorted, the word PPM is hardly recognizable Banshee, It's near impossible to decipher what it's saying... #Tongue

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this out of it, i cant make a single word, except maybe 'It's' and 'Betty' :p its still more legible than gufu though.

ummm.gif
 Description:
eh?
 Filesize:  8.44 KB
 Viewed:  13080 Time(s)

ummm.gif

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos, both words you mentioned are not in the message.

To be honest, if you translate few of the words, you'll guess the whole sentence.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'd make life easier if we had a version that wasn't so distorted.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But then it takes the fun away xD

I managed to work it out in the end... just get a few letters and its easy.

Kurorahk
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly it is not written in the Scrin font that I have, which is as far as I can tell the official version... I dough that it is, but I had never seen this, were exactly is it located on the main page if anyone can tell me... I wish to see the small version and to see how blind I was.

-Kurorahk-

Blaze, Demon of The Round Table, Mobuis One call me what you want I am one with the sky.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its on the Revora network bar at the top.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's in the very, very top of the site. In the network bar.

And I've used the scrin font that was posted in the EA forums by Valdez, I believe... anyway, it's the same kind of letters that EALA used on their scrin message.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like it says: "It's More TS It's Better It's PPM"
Now that's just stupid, that can't be right. Confused I Think old Aro need's glasses. #Tongue

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here it is, brighter and with greater contrast.
Its really difficult to see, and the JPG quality certainly doesn't help.

ppmmessage.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.46 KB
 Viewed:  13034 Time(s)

ppmmessage.png

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I see the word "beer" in there, but I'm fairly sure that's just me #Tongue

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm getting something along the lines of "It's [bullshit here], It's [can't see shit], It's PPM"

Whatever's in [] is placeholders for whatever is actually meant to be there, but I'm sure I've got the gist of it, something similar to: "IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S, SUPERMAN".

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Banshee, can you post by any chance a black and white, clear as day version of the message that isn't distorted or darkened to point to where the letters can't be clearly displayed? Wink

All the others thats been posted have developed to nothing more then garbled garbage thus far for me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
It looks like it says: "It's More TS It's Better It's PPM"
Now that's just stupid, that can't be right. Confused I Think old Aro need's glasses. #Tongue

Totally wrong, except for PPM in the end. And no, there is no word Beer on it as well. The message is not focused on TS.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

second to last is "us"? the third letter maybe "in"

Its ____ in its ______ us(?/of) ppm

its [4letters] in its [5letters] {us/of} PPM

Electro
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"It's hip, It's Now, It's PPM"?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no "It's" in the damn message.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Welcome to PPM"

It's a .jpg on low quality, too dark, and too small. Trying to solve this is a WASTE of time and effort. Kill it with fire.

Suiseiseki wrote:
I noticed it but it's crappy quality and impossible for me to (put forth the effort required to) decode it.

Carnivean here has the right idea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kill it with fire is damn right... Banshee you know what it say's don't you? What is it? Cause i'm getting very weary of guessing. #evil

Emo Kid wrote:
I think I see the word "beer" in there, but I'm fairly sure that's just me

LMAO! Trust you! Laughing

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's God, it's Kane it's PPM

Close banshee? And you are allowed to give us the original at some higher resulation Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It's God, it's Kane it's PPM

Close banshee? And you are allowed to give us the original at some higher resulation

Banshee wrote:
There is no "It's" in the damn message.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From god to kane to PPM!

I wins!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
From god to kane

Loses.

Quote:
to PPM!

Wins.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...It's just "To PPM"? O_o

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. That's just the end of the message. The last two words.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to first him to battle to ppm?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin, it doesn't make sense.

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to ... come to PPM

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

" to" only appears once in the sentence.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane welcomes you to PPM?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Thank you for coming to PPM"

Bah, waste of effort.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No and no.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chapter 6:We don't go to PPM

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Redo the image with a PNG so we can actually see the damn characters. The point of it is not to decipher pixels, it's to transcribe the symbols into our alphabet. This is a pointless waste of time otherwise.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [95 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon