Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Dune: Arrakian Wars
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [65 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject:  Dune: Arrakian Wars
Subject description: CnC3 Mod bringing back the War of Spice
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to get a thread here to inform you, we from Thundermods.net are working on Dune: Arrakian Wars (DAW for short), which brings back the War of Spice.
DAW is based on the last installment of the Dune-Series, Emperor: Battle for Dune, but will not be a 1:1 clone, so some things are different then in Emperor.

Ok, now some screen for you:

More Informations can be found on our Website (German) or on our ModDB-Profile

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty awesome.
I hope you nerf the minotaurus things though, I always found them to be way too powerful.
But I do actually look forward to playing this Very Happy

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woot, awesome as long as you make Harkonnen better. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another mod to add to my 'Mods To Play'-list Very Happy

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kickass Very Happy

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how did I miss this. Lovely work, something to look forward Wink
when I get a new video card

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice indeed. Very Happy
Definitely one of the mods that I´m going to give a try once it´s released.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enjoyed playing Dune games, but all of them disappointed me hard, because all of them crashed randomly (except Dune 2 which I've played couple of times).

I'll definitely look forward this mod. #Tongue

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice..will Teilaxu or other factions make a return?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lookin good dude, nice work

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
Nice..will Teilaxu or other factions make a return?

yes, definitly. all subfactions will be present

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty spectacular, I can't wait for a playable version ^_^

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks fantastic.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovely, good job. BTW some WH40K inspiration?

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Lovely, good job. BTW some WH40K inspiration?

yes, some. easier as to make a unit design from ground up

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like that Devastator. Good you took the tank design, not the mech one (which does look good though, but a tank looks better Wink)...

Chronosheep
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good so far Smile

I do, however, have to say that I think some of your models could use a bit more detail (this applies mainly to the textures).
If you add a bit more detail and shading (make it look a bit worn down) to the textures, and a few more physical details to some of the models (mainly the buildings), I think your models will look great Wink .

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chronosheep wrote:
Looking good so far Smile

I do, however, have to say that I think some of your models could use a bit more detail (this applies mainly to the textures).
If you add a bit more detail and shading (make it look a bit worn down) to the textures, and a few more physical details to some of the models (mainly the buildings), I think your models will look great Wink .

textures are wip. all all the others thinks too. we're just showing our actual progress

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will the Ordos Kobra get a range decrease? It outranges the Minos, and keeps killing my Repair tanks #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It only outranges when deployed. That's why the deploy function is good #Tongue Also, will the mod get the original E:BfD music? I really like that

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also wasn't the Minotaur more resistant, and had a more powerful attack in comparison to the the Kobra? (as a question since I can't remember it very well). Anyways just make sure that sonic tanks are useful and more resistant (like TS disruptors).

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cobra will get a deploy function like in emperor, rest is balancing, which will come later

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will the Leech and the Contaminator look the same as in E:BFD or will there be some creative liberties? same goes for the flesh turret/vat?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...I agree that the Minos IS very powerful, from this screenie which I have here...

And here, I have to spam repair tanks, look at the sidebar #Tongue

And on that very same map:

And the ending:

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick bump and people search:
We're searching for talented 3D- and 2D artist, concept-artist and mapper are also welcomed.

If you're interessted you can apply in our application board.

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohhh, me likey!

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always liked the Teilaxu and the Fremen ( i like the Teilaxu more )

LeachAttack_Big.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.55 KB
 Viewed:  14941 Time(s)

LeachAttack_Big.jpg

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, I hate the Theilaxu. When you control them, they die too quickly, but when the enemy uses them, they won't die quickly enough #Tongue

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The model is great, it fits House Ordos; though, you'll need better more detailed textures.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, but not fond of the texture in the close up render.

I like the jade-beetle like exoskeleton in the concept art. that looks pretty nifty.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renders don't matter in the grand scheme of things. In-game matters. And it looks better in-game than in the render.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This will be first CnC3 mod I will play. Approved

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The texture for the Laser Tank looks a little fucked, what with the lizard skin or green fish scales and all, but other than that the mod looks awsome, keep up the good work. Just nerf the Mino's, plz. Just a little, not too much...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
The texture for the Laser Tank looks a little fucked, what with the lizard skin or green fish scales and all, but other than that the mod looks awsome, keep up the good work. Just nerf the Mino's, plz. Just a little, not too much...

the ordos have a snake as their emblem. so we made that reptil like skin for ordos units.

and nerfing the mino or not is a balance thing. and this will come last...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess your right about the scales.

It doesn't necessarily look bad, just different. I'll get used to it.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the mod looks awesome. Keep it up!
But I personally don't like the ordos lasertank style (it was my favourite unit ind emperor Wink ), in emperor it looks ... well, better. I mean your model looks a little bit of a teilaxu experiment, it doesn't fit with the Ordos Buildings, like it does in emperor.
I hate my computer! It is too bad for CnC 3 >.<

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't get me wrong. The scales are fine (and I even like it as a stile difference between the sides), it's just that they're almost over all the model, and consume the detail that your model has. Making it look, IMHO, worse, in other words it doesn't make justice to the model; maybe if you edit the texture and add lines, lights and draker tones to it, it will look perfect (take as an example your ordos windtrap, but just with a scales).
ATM, it just looks like you applied a material over the model. Anyways it looks fantastic ingame, just proposing some changes to improve it Wink.

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Don't get me wrong. The scales are fine (and I even like it as a stile difference between the sides), it's just that they're almost over all the model, and consume the detail that your model has. Making it look, IMHO, worse, in other words it doesn't make justice to the model; maybe if you edit the texture and add lines, lights and draker tones to it, it will look perfect (take as an example your ordos windtrap, but just with a scales).
ATM, it just looks like you applied a material over the model. Anyways it looks fantastic ingame, just proposing some changes to improve it Wink.

the scales are only on the armor plates.
here a quote of our concept artist and what he thought about making this design:
Quote:
The slightly iridescent armor plate is applied like reptile scales (appropriate since the House is represented by a snake) and present a cover masking the dirty, messy technology that give the Ordos their power.

so under the armor plates it's that technically things the ordos have.

maybe now you can understand the design

ccgx
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the PCG article! The mod keeps looking awesome too. Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the idea of mixing units from 2 games! Keep up the good work. And congrats on getting an article in PC Gamer

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet, good to see progress.

Black People
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a very interesting mod. Appears to be dying though. I still think Emperor is a good game the way it is. Sometimes I have to remind myself that Tiberian Sun is still a good game and doesn't need to be remade just yet either. I just don't think they can implement all the EBFD features into this engine and that it probably wont be any better even though EBFD has plenty of problems that could have been fixed.

I'd def download this to check it out...

No vaginas, guys! I'm serious now, they're icky.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theyve said they arnt trying to remake Emperor. Its a mixture of Dune 2/2000, Emperor and their own ideas.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black People wrote:
Appears to be dying though.

Ehm what? ... lol

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black People wrote:
Appears to be dying though.

Far from it, actually.

Black People wrote:
I just don't think they can implement all the EBFD features into this engine

Anything specific you are thinking of?

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum