Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
VQA Encoder v0.5 beta 2
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [138 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
micky-p
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used "XCC AV Player" to play it. I intend to use it in Tiberium Sun.

I dont know about uploading it, I'll ask around mates to see who can host it.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

micky-p wrote:
I used "XCC AV Player" to play it. I intend to use it in Tiberium Sun.

OTOH, does XCC AV player even support TS movies? Have you actually tried it in Tiberian Sun?
Try changing the compression options a bit, 2000 blocks seems to be on the low side, also you can try setting the key to 64 frames or so.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, XCC AV player supports TS movies, I've tried it many times...

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC AV Player have many, many bugs!

Westwood Studios forever!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should rely in the game first. Olaf is human and like the Westwood guys, he can make mistakes... however, what really matters for a modder is that it must run ingame.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Olaf is human

What about me? Razz

On a side note, where could one find some of your homebrewn VQAs? I've been hoping for some showoffs that I can say: "There, I helped create THAT!"

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugordan wrote:
Banshee wrote:
Olaf is human

What about me? Razz

You are not God, but too closer! Twisted Evil Wink

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was merely getting at that I'm also only a human! My code is far from perfect as well.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use the GMF core pack to play VQA - it includes a VQA plugin for windows.

It doesn't allow seeking for TD format though, and for TS format seeking works a bit but usually desyncs the movie.
http://bim.km.ru/gap/
"Game Media Formats Core Filters Package v1.00"

It manages to play every VQA I tried - the RA1 640x400 english.vqa, the Sole survivor 320x240 ones... heck, even the Dune 2000 ones Smile

[edit]

Link to GMFCore broke. My local mirror:
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/tools/GMFCore(vqa).zip

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game Media Formats Core Filters Package v1.00 can play every VQAs. I'm was beta-tester of this and testing on all games of Weswtood Studios.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

It doesn't allow seeking for TD format though, and for TS format seeking works a bit but usually desyncs the movie.

Due to the way the audio track is written in the file, it's impossible to correctly seek through the VQA. It's also messy to seek only the video stream. VQAs were never intended to be played that way.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's odd that this awesome codec pack is so unknown to the C&C community... it's THE most comfortable way of viewing VQA's.

If only XCC somehow allowed windows-based viewing of internal files like MPQ Viewer does for Blizzard games...

ugordan wrote:
It's also messy to seek only the video stream. VQAs were never intended to be played that way.

XCC Mixer does that flawlessly in its VQA previewer though...

well OK, not entirely flawlessly... The upper left corner pixel is always black #Tongue

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, you can host it wherever you want, that goes without saying.

I'm not sure when v1.0 will be released as I don't have time or inspiration to tweak it further. Besides, I can't think of any significant improvements in encoding speed right now. As for compatibility with input formats, well you'll just have to live with it. If it doesn't accept a funky codec combination, convert it to a more "sane" one.

Black hawk
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cant get my movie working
211 frames
12fps
what should be the nummer of keys ?

Love MLRS, its the worlds most dangerous artillery!!
Thanks bittah for the sig .
MY TS/V forum

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm... I got a problem here...

I made a video that seems to crash C&C95... It plays fine in Windows with my VQA player plugin, but in the game it crashes every single time.

I put everything in this folder here...
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/N64Project/vids_vqa/problem/

Gordan, could you take a look at it? :-\

Something odd I noticed was that during the encoding, the "current frames" bar was never filled. It just encoded the entire thing right away Confused
Whatever caused that probably also made C&C95 crash on the vid...

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

I made a video that seems to crash C&C95... It plays fine in Windows with my VQA player plugin, but in the game it crashes every single time.

I'll take a look at it. If I still manage to understand the encoder code, that is. It's been quite a while now...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugordan! Hes alive #Tongue

Would be good to get a new version, and possibly to fix the bug i had with the encoder.

Also, how much do you know about AUD files? I found where i can change the sample and bit rates of the AUD files in TS, thus allowing MP3 quality. Problem is though, there is no encoder in existence that allows you to set custom encoding options, only a force straight to 22050, 8bit and mono.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Nyerguds: Right, I just had a quick look at the output VQA and I believe the automatically selected compression parameters are causing C&C95 to crash. Here's the VQA info:

Code:
VQA Movie Player V2.5 (C) Gordan Ugarkovic, 2002

■ VQA file (F:\VQA\IONNOD.VQA, offset = 0 [0x0])
    File size : 478259 bytes
      Version : 2
     Duration : 9.6 sec
    Data rate : 49 KB/s

■ VIDEO stream
  Color depth : 8 bit (Paletted, 256 colors used)
   Resolution : 320 x 240 pixels
       Blocks : 4 x 4 pixels
  Frame count : 145 frames
   Frame rate : 15 fps
     Codebook : every 8 frames
Codebook size : max. 2000 blocks

■ AUDIO stream
  Sample rate : 22050 Hz
   Properties : mono, 16 bit

Blocks are 4x4 and perhaps they should be 4x2 instead for low-res movies. The encoder automatically selects block height 4 when the movie height is at least 240 pixels, just as yours is. Try cropping the frames to be 320x200 (or at most 320x238) and reencoding the whole thing.

@TSHyper, AUD files are pretty trivial to encode, it's actually more trouble to support various input WAV formats. I've been doing 44kHz, stereo AUD sounds in the past with no problems.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have so? Using your own tool i guess...

Would it be possible to have a tool that allows you to encode different formats then? If its not too much trouble..

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah goddammit.. I just forgot to resize it to 320x200??? #Mad

No wonder it crashed... sorry about that.

[edit]

Right. All four C&CN64 vids work in C&C95 Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small question... would it be technically possible to create a 640x480 VQA? And would TS be able to play that?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, i just dissembled the VQA Encoder and noticed it has checks, so if forces 640x400 for the TS VQA's. Can you remove it please?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh, four hex edits later it works flawlessly #Tongue

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Out of curiosity, why would you want to create 640x480 movies over 640x400 ones?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because Tiberian Sun's default resolution is 640x480, though 640x400 can be selected. I suppose its to do with making it fit the lowest resolution, i dunno what there gonna do when its 640x400 #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

640x400 is just a leftover of the first hi-res video in any C&C, namely the RA95 intro.
RA95 and C&C95 are in 640x400 is to keep the correct aspect ratio of the graphics from the DOS versions, which are in 320x200 resolution.
320x200 is a standard graphical resolution in DOS (and thus full screen).

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugordan wrote:
@TSHyper, AUD files are pretty trivial to encode, it's actually more trouble to support various input WAV formats. I've been doing 44kHz, stereo AUD sounds in the past with no problems.

did you test if they worked in any C&C game?

I found an encoder that claims to support any WAV input, but I couldn't get any C&C game to play any stereo aud made with that encoder, maybe it just encodes stereo files in a wrong way... or C&C games simply don't support stereo AUDs...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think they do support it, but the Devs just forced it to Mono for filesize reasons.

It seems TD also checks for Stereo or Mono too.

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found one bug:
PCX files with compression converting in VQA as PCX without compression, and VQA videostrem have only junk.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Siberian GRemlin wrote:
I found one bug:
PCX files with compression converting in VQA as PCX without compression, and VQA videostrem have only junk.

Example of your input data?

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PCX sequence: http://rapidshare.com/files/83007599/2ugordan.rar.html

VQA 8-bit
Number of blocks = 2000
Key invertal = 8
FPS = 15

P.S.: PCX files converted from BMP with XnView 1.70.1 (Jun 1, 2004). PCX files created by Photoshop works fine!

BTW, please add custom resolution support.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, those PCX files display garbage even in ACDsee so I'm not going to take any deeper look into them.

There'll be no further development of VQA Enc since I can count the number of guys actually using it in single digits. All there may be in the future are fixes of serious bugs, but that's about it.

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugordan wrote:
Um, those PCX files display garbage even in ACDsee so I'm not going to take any deeper look into them.

May be your version is outdate? All graphics software dasplay this images correctly.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Siberian GRemlin wrote:

May be your version is outdate? All graphics software dasplay this images correctly.

Well, I guess Photoshop CS2 doesn't fit into "all graphics software" category then. Unless you consider this correct:

gremlin.png
 Description:
Photoshop CS2 screenshot
 Filesize:  77.66 KB
 Viewed:  48596 Time(s)

gremlin.png

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm i get the same thing, using Photoshop CS3...

Merri
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IrfanView opens them OK, but my good old Paint Shop Pro 7 tells me the file is corrupt. There are probably some nonstandard or unusual bytes there.

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What Number of block and Key interval needs for best image quality in TS videos?

I tryed 16000 number of blocks, but image still not good like in original VQA.

It's not possible -- convert VQA to AVI(uncompressed) and AVI(uncompressed) to VQA without losses?

Merri
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're still recompressing previously compressed image, so yes, you will lose image quality. The only way you could retain quality is not to recompress but use the original video data (if I can remember correctly you were only changing the audio).

For amusement try sometime to make an image, save it as JPEG, close, open it again, mirror, save, close, open, mirror, save... do it a few times and you'll end up with an image that just isn't anywhere as sharp as the original, colors are smudged etc. even when using the best possible (lossy) quality.

ugordan
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Merri is right. By definition, VQA is a lossy algorithm. Sounds like what you need is a transcoder that'll take the original VQA video and audio streams and directly copy the video while replacing the audio stream.

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugordan wrote:
Merri is right. By definition, VQA is a lossy algorithm. Sounds like what you need is a transcoder that'll take the original VQA video and audio streams and directly copy the video while replacing the audio stream.

I'm trying to do somethink, but I have problems with it
Code:

нах

This code work, but videostream and audiostream after audio replacing is unsinchronised! What I missed and what may be need to calculate?

Last edited by Siberian GRemlin on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bug report:
1. After convertion input file not close. Even through we open another file and start convertion, we can't delete or rename first file.
2. When we convert TS Nod Intro VQA to PCX sequence and try convert this to VQA we have Buffer Override error. To much PCX files or what? With AVI is alright.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another problem...
When i encode .avi file to .vqa (1st GDi movie in DOS ver) movie in half is screw up and in second half is good.
Number of blocks: As you said 3000-3500
Key:8 (but at 8 i dont see anything).

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which vqa is that exactly? gdi1.vqa? Also, the videos in the DOS and W95 versions are the same.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes this is gdi1.vqa. I used VQA Encoder to code avi file into .vqa
When i change setting to
Key: 1024
Block: 3500
I see only half of the film and in rest i dont see even face of this general..
I chenged setting even to 999999 but nothing changes. In half of the film vqa changes colors and you dont see anything.

If you can tell me who to conver from avi to vqa step by step i am thankfull.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's me
As you can see...you dont see nothing ;p.

[img]http://www.wrzuta.pl/img/middle/kUqcsmKg0a/syf[/img]

Key:8
Block:3000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sry incorect link

[img]http://c.wrzuta.pl/wi19299/d8c79c5f0004c0bc48b3edb3/syf?type=i&key=kUqcsmKg0a&ft=f[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VQA2AVi show me this screen which you see and Allplayer with codecs shows me normally.
I want to add subtitles to movies in TD, i converted them into avi file, wrote subtitles, link them both and at final lap i can convert it back to .vqa
Just tell me - it will show normally in game? AllPlayer shows its normal, VQA2AVi and MOVIES.mix shows not.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why on earth are you changing the block and key settings? Just put the video type to 8-bit, keep the setigns to 2000 and 8 and it should all work.

You're not saving your frames in high colour, are you? Because that causes a load of problems. C&C needs 8-bit colour VQA.

also, if you keep posting, please register... it's not that hard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So how to change into 8-bit coloured? When i load gdi.avi it's automaticly change into 15 bit and i CAN'T CHANGE IT.
How to change this option? I have it blocked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [138 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum