Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
CnC3 Computer Performance Issue
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
xyver81
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:  CnC3 Computer Performance Issue Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings everyone,

I have a simple question or problem. I recently installed CnC3 Tiberium Wars on my PC. Before I installed, I checked whether my PC has its minimum requirement. Here's the lowdown of my PC:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
Ram: 1.24 Gb of Ram (2 512 Mb Ram, 400 Mhz)
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Display Card (256 Mb)
Driver: Installed the latest

I think my PC specs meets the minimum requirement. The real problem is I couldn't change the graphic settings on "Medium" settings and above.
If I were to change the setting to "Medium" the game goes extremely slow (Both loading and gameplay).

My question to you guys: Is my PC underpowered in terms of graphic and performance? or, do I need to set something to improve my gameplay?

Your opinion and advices are highly appreciated. Thank you.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My system is about the same, and i can just about get medium to work, with a few tweaks.

a Dual Core and a 512 Graphics card will more than likely fix it up #Tongue

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to upgrade, minimum requirements literally mean you can run it on minimum settings.

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On my old rig I could run it at high settings, with just minimum lag during the superweapons. I'd say your video card is what's holding you back the most. A 6600 is probably the oldest that could do it well.

My old rig specs.

Asus Motherboard
P4 2.4 OCd to 3.12
BFG GeForce 6600 GT AGP OCd with 128mb Ram
1.25 gigs DDR Ram

My new rig runs it perfect, zero lag.

EVGA nForce680I SE SLI Motherboard
Core Duo2 2.4 OCd to 3.37
BFG GeForce 8800 GTS PCI-E OCd with 320mb GDDR3 Ram
4 gigs OCZ DDR2 Ram

See about overclocking your P4 (you have to know what your doing!, too much and not enough cooling will fry your chip! P4's are known for their exessive heat issues)

And save for a newer video card.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also 2 lots of 512MB is not 1.24GB, it's just 1GB.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, dont know if the C&C3 Demo has the same specs requirements, but i was doing fine on medium settings with an
ATI Radeon X600 PCI X16 (128MB)
Pentium 4 3.20GHZ
and 1024MB ram (2x 512MB)
on a Laptop, so in my oppinion, it should run just fine :S

http://open.spotify.com/track/3B5lZi3QJ8AeVpdLtO9NcI

www.myspce.com/ttex91 (Listen to my music (Outdated)).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got CnC3 this Xmas, and I am using:

LG E500
Intel Dual Core Processor 2.40Ghz
2GB RAM
160GB

I run it on Ultra High without any loss of speed, but it just lags in game. SO, if you want to run ultra high, get a GOOD graphics card.

And anyway, Quad Core is coming out in February Very Happy

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mine works with horrible speed, I have:
1 GB RAM Memory
7100 GeForce (256MB)
Dual Core Proccesor 1.8 GHz.
The timer for the superweapons move like, every 1 second of them is like 4 seconds of real life..... Confused
Any suggestions?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As above: upgrade #Tongue

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Money? lol
But I might upgrade the GeForce to 8500. (It comes free with a Dawn of War: Dark Crusade DVD game aswel... although I already have it:D)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a whole improvement at least. I also suggest looking for another 1 Gig RAM plugin. They don't cost that much these days... Then the only problem may be the ammount of GHz you have...

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although it's Duo Core... doesn't that mean it's 3.6GHz?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I asked the same question somewhere else. Too bad it isn't, so you only have 1.8 GHz Wink

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what's the point of it being duo core?

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is very odd if some people are getting slowdowns with what I'm seeing. My CnC 3 looks very good in game, I run say mid settings and my spec are absoloute crap, the only downside I get is a 3 minute wait before the game loads and everything else is good. Out of my two machines I'm using my old one which is.

512MB RAM
1.8Ghz
RADEON 9600
120GB Space

Not exactly brilliant but I can play this game on higher settings than Generals and it runs a heck of a lot smoother.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But what OS do you have? XP or Vista? If it's Vista, you may need a better pc to get the same smoothness as with a lesser XP pc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum