Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Meteor Control to Nod Pyramid Poll
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Should I replace the meteor control centre with the Pyramid of Nod?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Something else (explain)...
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject:  Meteor Control to Nod Pyramid Poll Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The purpose of this poll is to simply assess whether I should replace the Meteor Control centre with the often used, now cliche Nod Pyramid. The benefit of this being that it is more expensive, and takes on a 'tech' centre significance also (it would then house the meteor SW). The main reason for contemplating this shift is that a new ICBM type unit I am adding should require another tech centre after the temple, considering its force, and I can also move the cyborg commander/other possibly new units to be assigned to require this tech/sw structure.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both dammit both!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I use both, then the pyramid kind of becomes redundent. Tactically you can sell it right after you build it if it has no purpose except to enlarge your base. It also seems logical for them to store such sensitive meteor control technology in a giant pyramid.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i seem to be having a problem with reading lately...
Quote:
It also seems logical for them to store such sensitive meteor control technology in a giant pyramid.
yea that one
someone should find out a way to control ion storms like the weather storm was done

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhm, GDI in TFADW already does.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh then i stand corrected O_o

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. You know you can play the released version 1.0-1.02 so you know what you're talking about when it comes to TFADW.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use the pyramid, though if you can get new graphics for the building use something else #Tongue, as the pyramid is overused.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did this pyramid about a year ago, you can use it if you want (no build-up :/)

Napyra.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Napyra.zip
 Filesize:  20.25 KB
 Downloaded:  337 Time(s)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pyramids are not original, and make no sense in bloody Antartica. Use something new...like, a Mudkips.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mei Ling wrote:
Pyramids are not original, and make no sense in bloody Antartica. Use something new...like, a Mudkips.

NOD creates a portal to 4chan, the world ends...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Personally think you shouldn't use the Pyramid of Nod. It's overused, as It's featured in many other mods with a simmilar capability. Perhaps you should stick with the meteor controll centre? (I know I'm heavily out-voted, but It's just my opinion)

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the decision rests in your hands now, like voting and the environment

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I think the Nod pyramid should have its own superweapon like a nuclear MIRV missile. So leave it as it is. Very Happy

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something new, something special that shows the ''technology''. maybe stolen scrin tech or demons. #Tongue

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I honestly don't care what you use, but for the love of God or whoever you may believe in, remove the current building. I find it quite distasteful.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think about a meteor building. Need to take control over the meteor, and thats cant be done with something on the earth.

So I think on a building some fire a laser in the air.

This is 2 min concept.
Picture 1: Without anim
Picture 2: With anim
Picture 3: The building above.

Picture 1:

You see it need a Radar because its need to locate the meteors.
Pipes because the building got it own power but its still take power from the power plant. (This power new a new energy for the laser to work therefor its need power from the power plants to get normal power. Then the building change the power to the new power.) The SW is a box on the platform and when its will fire the meteor it will get a cannon up in the air and get power from the sticks with red anim.

Picture 2:

The radar dish go right to left. Is coming smoke out of the pipes on the roof. It's come out spark from the power "plant".(Some big and some small.) When we come to the platform. The sticks get red light to the ground on the platform. When the platform open it's come down red light. And the platform open <and> and then it's come out a big laser cannon. When the laser fire, it's come out a big yellow line. Smile.

Picture 3:

You can see the pipes are not big and even the building got a window to look out to the space. Even the building need a big brandish. The power "plant" need another spot on the building because its big. Even the sparks can damage the building if it hit. Then the platform come its mean to be a 8 corners platform. 6 sticks from the 6 most outside corner from the building..

What you think about this idea? Will it work? Just a idea on a meteor building.

Edit: The laser do the meteor get to the earth.

concept.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.89 KB
 Viewed:  8418 Time(s)

concept.PNG

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ZOMG do you have a high resolution one too?! Sooo shmexy !!

But yes the original building needs to be replaced even if its with the ever popular pyramid of Nod

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS doesn't support superweapon fire animations.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep..or the damn missile silo would have opened.

I suggest something Scrin like..Neutral

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, until I find a better graphical replacement/structure I might use Yuri08's pyramid. Thanks for all the comments/ideas everyone. An idea I may explore later is a kind of secondary/experimental tech centre, housing both meteor summoning and experimental units (such as this long range missile artillery unit I have, the cyborg commander, and perhaps something else too). Feel free to tell me what you think.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like a plan. Do it.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, great. Also another idea is to convert the cliche meteor storm into a kind of artificially induced earthquake. The current meteor storm already seems like a 'meteorquake' anyway, so I'd only have to make the initial strike be a missile voxel. The only concern here is that if I replace the debris explosions to something like a cracking animation, those animations would appear over the structures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon