Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Pulse Rounds(TS)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

How did I do for first try?
Yes, Perfect
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Pretty Good, needs some tweaks
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Ok, Needs some touchups and editing
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Not So Good, needs a ton of changes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Terrible, *toses in garbage* For trashy mods
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
What's PPM? Also, what's a Tiberium?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject:  Pulse Rounds(TS)
Subject description: Constructive Criticism Please!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm new to PPM Smile I really don't think I have any really good skill and these anims are, what I think, my best graphics yet so I decided to share them with the public, There is an Pulse Attack as well as a Tib Attack(Inspired by Tiberium Odessy's Disiple Infantry) and a Laser one (Inspired by... well.... me Very Happy ). Laser one uses an edited .PAL so make sure that you put it in with the Anims. ENJOY!!!!

Note: As for poll I did post it on Tib Web first so its not technically "First" Try, but is still probably my First Try at making a good SHP

UPDATE: Added Clearer faster playing Anims.. the old were made of low quality Jpegs and were made on a slower speed.

LaserPiff.gif
 Description:
Laser Attack, very RED!!
 Filesize:  609 Bytes
 Viewed:  9338 Time(s)

LaserPiff.gif

Tibpiff.gif
 Description:
Tiberium Attack OR Poison Vine Acid Attack LOL
 Filesize:  611 Bytes

Tibpiff.gif

Ionpiff.gif
 Description:
Pulse Attack or Ion... Whatever
 Filesize:  617 Bytes

Ionpiff.gif

Laser, Tib, Ion Attack.zip
 Description:
Here it is... Download it NOW!! lol

Download
 Filename:  Laser, Tib, Ion Attack.zip
 Filesize:  2.56 KB
 Downloaded:  366 Time(s)

Last edited by Darkstorm on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Welcome to PPM.

The animations are pretty good. Its kinda hard to imagine the context they be used..but the animation itself plays well.

Just a question how did you create them? A sort of step-by-step guide if you will. :3

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very usefull to me hehe

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I mainly used OS SHP Builder and used the PiffPiff image as a base.. well I deleted it so I really couldnt say its the base but it uses same number of frames Laughing but anyhow I just used the colors that were in the PAL that I thought looked like Pulse and Tiberium colors and created mini explosions out of em.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the tib and ion piff, but the laser one seems too opaque.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see TO inspiring people lol. And these are nice animations, welcome to PPM btw. This seems to be the first actual proper and mature introduction to PPM I have seen in a long time.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty Good, needs some tweaks:). I voted:
Because:

The laser should be a lit brighter thats just all.
The tib and the ion is kickass Very Happy<3

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like some magic stuff... air, water, fire... but thats just me. It would make an interesting burning tree animation.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea..I seen similar-looking sprite animations used by RPG games. you know that sparkly magick stuff.

but these would make like nice little shard explosions..for debris..

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
Pretty Good, needs some tweaks:). I voted:
Because:

The laser should be a lit brighter thats just all.
The tib and the ion is kickass Very Happy<3

Thats what, I would say, too #Tongue So, that the first two a really good, but the laser needs imrovements. It looks ...errrr... a little bit ... hmmmm not so good^^

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I don't know what the laser needs improving on... so I could use a tip off to where it needs editing...

A little offtopic...
I was thinking of making a little part of a sonic emitter anim, the reason being is I was thinking you could take the flamer partical system with the linked images in all and change sound and anim to make a Sonic Emitter effect. Is that possible?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

while you have bright (nearly white) pixel in the other version, you don't have them in the laser anim. But these give the other anims a nice glow effect. Thats why the laser anim is not that good.

To the sonic emitter using flameparticles: I think it is possible. However you could get some problems if you want the anim transparent. (You could test, if a new entry [FLAMEALL] in art.ini with Translucency=50 makes the flames transparent)
In addition, a unit with this weapon can't gain veterancy. But for all those who still have waveclass errors, this could be a fine workaround for the sonic weapons.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like these alot, just mix some white or lighter red to outline the red laser and your set.

I never even thought to make new piffs when i used to mod. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only just noticed these and I must say, well done! The green piff is ideal for something like a mutant 'Spit attack' or something like that. Excellent work right here, It's nothing big, but I like them.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I recolored the laser to make it a bit brighter... Don't know if its bright enough.. but I rather not post twice to show then release...
so.. is this new one better? Question

and about the Sonic Emitter... I mean attach another anim.. like the one below except MUCH BETTER quality. Laughing

Sonic.gif
 Description:
Example of an Anim to attach to flame particles... will be remade MUCH better if it is possible
 Filesize:  1.34 KB
 Viewed:  9067 Time(s)

Sonic.gif

NewLaser.gif
 Description:
Newer and Brighter Laser Attack
 Viewed:  9067 Time(s)

NewLaser.gif

New Laser.zip
 Description:
Updated Version

Download
 Filename:  New Laser.zip
 Filesize:  1.51 KB
 Downloaded:  175 Time(s)

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got the criticism wrong - you shouldnt brighten the whole anim, but only the center of those red "blobs". Just like at the blue animation. There you got an even -white- center which is a big contrast to the outer blue. That heavy contrast makes it look like flames or lasersparks, in my opinion. Try the same at your red anim - recolor the blue one, if theres no other way for you Wink

Welcome at PPm, by the way, and nice work so far...

yup, neptune size!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More like this maybe?

Bright Laser.gif
 Description:
Laser with near to White Center
 Viewed:  9044 Time(s)

Bright Laser.gif

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of using white, use a much brighter red in the center.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did... Very Happy It is a pinkish red tho... and has a similar effect to my Pulse Attack

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case, make it a little bit darker than it is at the moment.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a request or two:

Laser lense flares for big lasers (like the Obelisk), It's for both a firing animaton and for a hit animation (where it hits)

I can recolor it myself to fit blue lasers for Cabal.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is good but all you did to the rest is recolor them.
Keep it up and you'll get better.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro: The New Laser.gif uses a center color that is very close the newest one, even though it doesn't seem to look like it... Anyhow It really matters how it looks in game and I would post a pic if I thought I had a chance of getting a pic in the middle of its anim Laughing

Djohe: I don't know what you mean

Gamingroach: Ya... I was originally going to make just pulse but I wanted one to be an alternative for Nod, so I made Tib but then I thought that Nod might use Lasers, so I made Laser version

Also... adding to that Sonic Emitter thing... I never got a response, is it possible to link an anim like that to the Flameparticles and have it work?

Anyhow... here's Laser Version 1.3

New New Laser.zip
 Description:
The NEW NEW Laser Attack

Download
 Filename:  New New Laser.zip
 Filesize:  1.03 KB
 Downloaded:  195 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!