Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 3 Screenshots?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject:  Red Alert 3 Screenshots?
Subject description: Captured by soviet spies!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to comments seem in the last news of this site, some pictures of the game were already leaked. I don't know if it was through any magazine or whatever. But the fact is that they really seem to have the quality expected for Red Alert 3. While I'm 99% sure that these are indeed RA3 pictures, I will not confirm that yet. Here's the pictures, click on them for full size:

We'd like to kindly request for all webmasters (or even forum posters) who see these pictures here to not hotlink them in your site. We do not have enough bandwidth for such thing. Instead, please, copy them and host them in your site. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Last edited by Banshee on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KICKASS Very Happy

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah there are also pics at revora were its a very nice pic
also this is somehow dissapointing for me.It looks way too High tech.Red alert was made for the cold war.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but it does look very futuristic... It looks more like RA10 or so, based on the technology we can see here (tesla trooper mechs, ships that can beach, tesla ships, extreme apocalypse tanks that even make the MARV look small #Tongue)...
Also, weren't the Allies the army with light-armored units (points at the quite heavy looking Allied tank)

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually don't like it... it reminds me too much of gens/C&C3; the original RA was quite gritty and RA2 was a practical demonstration of extreme zanyness and this looks to be a slightly unpleasant mixture of both...

So unfortunately for EA, I ain't gonna be getting this one, I think I'll stick to RA2/YR.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where u get the pics?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really looking forward to this. But i feel the games graphics will make it look "perfect".

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to hand it to EA, this looks promising.. it's definitely got that RA2 feel to it, and the base building on water is a nice effect..

Hopefully though it won't just be some Generals clone given tesla coils

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont like any of it... Confused

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I think on it, this need full support like Tiberium #Tongue?

I think this game should be support not the tiberium

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The designs look very poor.... particularly the buildings. The only good looking thing in there is the tesla effects imo.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love it! ,graphic unit design and concept,i think it'll be different team from C&c3.

they still made a good job with Ra. Wink

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the ztype is this horse shit? This looks like a silly RA2 mod. You have got to be ztyping kidding me...

They butchered an Overlord, painted it blue and dubbed it allied, that Soviet 'Apocalypse'(!?) looks like a Chinese tank, too, and they kept the ztyping union domes like in Red Alert 2. The SOVIET UNION IS AN ATHEIST STATE WITH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS ON ITS BUILDINGS?! Morons!

I'm buying World In Conflict. Thats my RA3.

Last edited by Clarkson on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for double post but:

Picture 1:

IS it just me or do Allied got the whole base on the water? power plant and is look like 3 naval yard Neutral. I think the back one is a repair place for boats.
The testla coil look great so far.

What is the big tank on the right back the "medium tanks". The mediums tanks are great detailed.

Picture 2:

I think is battleships or a heavy tank to Allied sides, if it a tank I think you need buy something to get it on water.. If it a boat the same thing, is a upgrade I think. Now the testla coils look small. The barracks and the war factory are kickass if it are, What is the building in the middle?
Is look like a "apocalypse tank or a mammoth tank is called in RA 1."

You see some power plant, and to the right is it a refinery?
I think I see a boat to the fog to the left is look like the sea scorpion?
And ofc some Tesla boats some attack a battleship or a heavy allied tank.

Picture 3:

The civilians buildings look cartoon like they did in Red Alert 2. So they bring back old memories again =).

The Allied war factory look like the GDI one in cnc 3. You can see some power plants and a barracks.

The civilians building got burn holes and even holes in the building, you can look to the left. The the button on the picture you can see a collapsed building.

I think you see some mediums tanks (Grizzly tanks) vs apocalypse (mammoth tank) I do not know.

Picture 4:

Is look like the Japan thief the Yuri's gattling gun and put them on theres boat. You can even see a Allied power plant on the water. I think you need to upgrade something to get this to work. What you think?

You see some mediums tank firing against some lightning infantry's?
(Shock tropper from Red Alert 1?) Testla tropper is it not is not look like Soviet.

You see the Allied war factory and maybe is the Conyard the big building to the right?

Picture 5:

You can see something in the water under the testla boats. The testla animation is kickass. I think they fire on some fast speed boat from Allied sides. The water look really good even do the texture.

Picture 6:

This pictures you can see a small Soviet base going under. I think the bomber plane to the left have do some damaged even the mediums tanks do hit building to the right. The mammoth tank look is tanked out.

If you look close is 2 bomber plane and one of they drop some bombs. Over the Soviet base and the explosions is from some bomb some have hit the ground.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is something definitely wrong here, I was hoping for a little bit of RA2 style cartoonyness, but this is OVER THE TOP!

Although it does look quite funny (in a good way), with sea-bound power plants, amphibious battleships (WTF?), and has anybody else noticed the bulbous-shaped drone on the conyard/war factory/whatever it is? It looks like it belongs in a loony tunes cartoon.

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i read on CNCsaga that if we pre-order KW then we get to beta test red alert 3 and those pics are awsome ,its so amazing 2008 is the golden year for C&C franshise

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure this isn't just a mod for Supreme Comander or something?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bartpp7 wrote:
i read on CNCsaga that if we pre-order KW then we get to beta test red alert 3 and those pics are awsome ,its so amazing 2008 is the golden year for C&C franshise

We've posted the same thing here yesterday Wink.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isn't it obvious that the big allied tank is a boat that can go on land like the cybran cruiser? Looking at it, I think the whole of the allies forces is amphibious, meaning that this game is going to be revolving around water. The boats is pic 5 look like they have "legs" in the water. Theres just something about the medium tanks that just look amphibious to me. The double barreled russian tank, I don't know if it is a normal heavy or a xl class (apoc, mammy, w/e). Looks really good imo

behemoth
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
I dont like any of it... Confused

X2. Yeah, I'm all for it but its not what I expected. I was thinking more C & C 3 sytle with RA3 twist.

This is disaponting.... Sad Sad Sad Sad

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somehow these images reminds me of Worms Confused
Hopefully most of this is WIP, as ATM this looks worse than TW.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the Allied structures, they look very industrious yet well modern looking.

The soviet tanks look a bit fancy and doesn't look well fitted in there

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basebuilding on water is over the top...

otherwise, looks interesting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very disappointing....and they use Japan as a third faction? I have feeling EA is going to really screw this one up.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know what, the more I look at the screens, the more I seem to like them Smile I honestly don't care what other people think (Remember, EA won't make everyone happy, no matter how hard you whine)

If it's cyber-bears, amphibious battleships, and mammoth tanks that look like McDonald's toys that EA want, then bring it on! Twisted Evil

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lefthand wrote:
Very disappointing....and they use Japan as a third faction? I have feeling EA is going to really screw this one up.

Gamingroach wrote:
I sense a further butchery to the Red Alert series...

Thats what I was thinking too....Japan had nothing to do with the RA series.
Why add them in.

Quote:

behemoth
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, its strange. I've gone from hating the shit of this to only hating it a bit. Still the russian tank is pure crap.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyber-animals, soldiers wearing fancy shield hats, samurais with laser sabers and transformers...the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

If anyone in the modding community ever tried to use such elements in RTS game they'd be laughed at.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gamingroach wrote:
lefthand wrote:

Gamingroach wrote:
I sense a further butchery to the Red Alert series...

Thats what I was thinking too....Japan had nothing to do with the RA series.
Why add them in.

In RA2, Japan was part of the "Asian Alliance"...whatever that is. Apparently the Alliance fractions or the Soviets create an alternate history in their alternate history by using the time machine and thus try to weaken the alliance but instead create a Japanese empire since the Alliance wasn't able to keep them in check.

Interesting...but they shouldn't have.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was only the koreans that was the Alliance. I rest my case.
But again, now I only vision RA3 as another parody to the RA series.

Quote:

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TX1138 wrote:
You know what, the more I look at the screens, the more I seem to like them Smile I honestly don't care what other people think (Remember, EA won't make everyone happy, no matter how hard you whine)

If it's cyber-bears, amphibious battleships, and mammoth tanks that look like McDonald's toys that EA want, then bring it on! Twisted Evil

Same here, XD.

The only thing that seriously bothers me is the Allied tank. It looks way too CNC-3 GDI for me and it should be using that track configuration it has.

Everything else seems like a logical step up in the inanity that is Red Alert.
RA3 is proportionally cheesy/cartoony/nutty compared to RA2 as RA2 was to RA1, perhaps.

And Japanese for a whole faction? Scratch that, two things seriously bother me. How odd would that look in a drop-down?
---ALLIES-----
---SOVIETS---
---JAPANESE--
I hope EA can give us a spoonful of bullshit to explain how Japan suddenly became a contender to the point it could match one of the two superpowers.

partyzanpaulzy(in school)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF, these Japanese units must be a joke...
With that soviet arsenal, that heavy tank looks weird a bit, that const. yard too. EA partly dissapointed me again ...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad damn bait and switch. The awesome magazine covers and logo art and this is what it looks like?

Ugh....

lefthand wrote:
Cyber-animals, soldiers wearing fancy shield hats, samurais with laser sabers and transformers...the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

If anyone in the modding community ever tried to use such elements in RTS game they'd be laughed at.

You sure about that? #Tongue

Last edited by Ickus on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
TX1138 wrote:

Same here, XD.

The only thing that seriously bothers me is the Allied tank. It looks way too CNC-3 GDI for me and it should be using that track configuration it has.

Everything else seems like a logical step up in the inanity that is Red Alert.
RA3 is proportionally cheesy/cartoony/nutty compared to RA2 as RA2 was to RA1, perhaps.

And Japanese for a whole faction? Scratch that, two things seriously bother me. How odd would that look in a drop-down?
---ALLIES-----
---SOVIETS---
---JAPANESE--
I hope EA can give us a spoonful of bullshit to explain how Japan suddenly became a contender to the point it could match one of the two superpowers.

If the RA timeline is based upon the idea of a weakened Germany unable to keep Stalin in check then I'd imagine that the RA3 timeline is based upon the idea of a weakened United States unable to keep Tojo in check.

None the less, Japan will probably be given the title of "Imperial" and it would have Korea, China and etc. under it's Imperial collective. Much like how pre-WW2 Japan had conquored a vast amount of territory before America struck back.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe my reactions where a bit harsh yesterday... I can only say that we can really judge the game when we have played it. Didn't we all said that TW looked odd and bad, and now we (or at least, some of us) love the game...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where did you get the idea of Japan from? o.o

The RA universe IS an ALTERNATE one you know...it may be a mod...but if it isn' I'm gonna have to upgrade this comp.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read all the info... Japan is the third faction #Tongue And it is a real game, not a mod...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it may be a typo for laser "sabers", it's more likely a gun, because whats the point of digging in if you have a sword?

I think Japan is a good choice of a side because they have a history of fighting both the US and Japan, (russia in 1905, us in ww2). Japan rose independantly of germany in the thirties, and the alliance was just made to occupy US and give russia 2 fronts to fight. In the alt(ra1) history, the US can focu all it's energies on fighting japan in the 30's/40's and win more easily. But if Russia uses chronosphere and weakens the allies even more, they may not be able to hold the japanese in check, thus leading to their new empire.

I wounder if there will be sub factions

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sure hope this is a joke, I don't like any of it.. I mean wtf? It doesn't look like Red Alert at all, the atmosphere looks childish, too happy, the lighting makes it looks like they are smoking pot while working on the game.. the units look dumb.. too fat, out of shape and the list goes on. The construction yards look like Barbie Doll castles.. at least the Soviet one does..

The electric bolts look AWESOME, the explosions look AWESOME.. that random bomber is intriguing I like it.

Over all it needs a lot of work if they want my money..

ayylmao on Discord

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sucks. I don't like it at all! EA fails hard if they're not going to fix the look of this stuff. Buildings looks ugly (like a poor Generals mod where the modders are trying hopelessly remake RA2 buildings with some "futuristic" look) and every single unit looks just plain and stupid. However the electric bolt, explosions and few civilian buildings looks ok.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One can only hope those are like alpha or early beta shots. =/ doubt they would merely create all those assets for promotion...but a sigh of hope?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, the allied warfactory, the allied barrack, and the soviet barracks (I meant the buildings that look like that), seem to be reskined and sightly modified TW assets, specially the allied warfactory. So it's probably is early alpha

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Have no strong feelings about this one way or the other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!