Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TITANS and WOLVERINES WORKING INGAME FINALLY!!!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject:  TITANS and WOLVERINES WORKING INGAME FINALLY!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my new TITAN & WOLVERINE Mech's. Their animations are working perfectly ingame. There's just Three (3) remaining issues i'll have to contend with (Nobody seems to be helpful in these forums nowadays).

The issues are these;

1. How to re-scale the size of the Wolverine (to make it smaller). Because no matter how i scale it to make it smaller in max 9.0, after exporting it to w3x using the skeleton of the jaugernaught it reverts to the original size. Is there no more settings in the unit xml's that overrides the scale just like the way it was in Generals ZH?

2. Do i hide the MuzzleFx bone and the muzzleflash in max 9.0 or through the w3d tool tab before exporting the model? coz i can't seem to make them appear or work properly ingame.

3. What's the best shader for these mech's? i am currently using normal mapped shader.

here's a screenshot of the mech's (i can still make them look better later);

edit; I am also currently working on the MAMMOTH MK2 (using the wreak model and attaching them to the jaugernaughts bones - i think i can make it work - if i can solve the 3 issues)

edit; I have found out what's causing the problem with the muzzle fx's and the muzzle flash. The reason why i cant seem to make the weapon fire fx's and muzzle flash work is that when using the default skeleton file of the jaugernaught in exporting my revamped models, the exported model uses the default settings of those same named bone's (example; the positions, rotations of the muzzlefx and muzzle flash etc... specially when you use the default names for those bone's which are the same with those that are in the skeleton file.).

I'll find a way to crack this problem even if i have to hack all the files in this game.

Titans And Wolverines.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  359.8 KB
 Viewed:  3151 Time(s)

Titans And Wolverines.jpg

Last edited by CoolSon on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those kinda look like chickens, but c/p is a good start. For shader and muzzle flash,what did the jugg use?

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am using these as base models for future tweakings and refinements. The problem with the muzzle fx's (Weapon fire fx) and the muzzle flash is something similar to the problems i have encountered with infantry models in C&C Generals ZH; you have to hide the muzzlefx bones and the muzzle flash in order to work properly ingame (a direct contrast with tanks and vehicles - wherein you dont have to hide them, or i think they were).

scaling is also one big problem when using existing skeletons in exporting. I cant seem to find a way to scale them through unit xmls (unlike in C&C Gen ZH: where all you have to do was add scale =value in the unit geometry settings of the unit's ini.file).

edit; i've also removed the idle animations for the mech's (the chicken-like behaviour of scrathing its face and pecking the ground), if you want to remove them too just delete the lines that has these ;

GUJugg_BIFA
GUJugg_BIFC

they are the funny looking scratching and pecking animations...

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: update to the models Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's an updated looks of the revamped GDI Titan and Wolverine Mech's.
They just need those weapons to fire from appropriate bones and be rescaled in sizes;

Titans And Wolverines2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  344.58 KB
 Viewed:  3091 Time(s)

Titans And Wolverines2.jpg

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GREAT MATE GREAT!

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

titans cannon belongs on THE OTHER SIDE. other than that, they look much better than the first versions, though the wolverine should be quite the bit smaller. (and the titans gun probably quite a bit bigger)

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ChielScape; yes, the models are not yet accurately following known TS formats/style's, but i'm having problems with how to scale them outside of max (through the unit xml's if possible), add to it the problem of having to contend with the hard-coded default bone positions (fire fx's and muzzle flashes) being automatically placed by the skeleton files used by the exported models (This was different in C&C Gen ZH modding where all you have to do was rename the firing bones and the muzzle flashes and presto you've got a working modified model that uses the skeleton bones for animations only and adapts the new firing bones and muzzle flashes placed in the model itself as exported). Any help from the mod experts here?

edit; i've found a way to have a mammothMk2 style mech (Four legged) ingame, but my problem on scaling and firing bones remains. Any help out there?

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could use a second draw with a seperate bone structure to allow using new bones while keeping the animation intact. Many original units do this for particles, but it should just as well work for weapon bones. Just remember to have the main movement bones (turret rotation and pitch) in that file too, so that the bones can move correctly with the rest of the model.
Alternatively, just position the new bones in Max as they´d be positioned relatively to the movement bones and add them to a new draw which is linked to the movement bones via "AttachToBoneInAnotherModule=".

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like Broilerine.

Westwood Studios forever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum