Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Star Strike is 3 Years Old!
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject:  Star Strike is 3 Years Old!
Subject description: FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO CARE
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, NEW UNITS!

I know how it pains you to read, and that is good, because it pains me to type, so lets just get to the pictures, shall we? Very Happy

SSIA Hover Tank
A very heavily armored yet compact design, well suited to engage enemies be it on the sea or open plains.

SSIA Ore Miner
A bulky design by all standards, the Ore Miner is designed to make it resource zones and back, fighting along the way if needed.

SSIA Stealth Tank
It is rather ironic that the Stealth Tank is a rather large vehicle with a huge turret, yet is so quiet (and invisible, duh). No concept available, but I will tell you, it is damn accurate to it.

EDF Battle Screenshots
The EDF offers the most flexibility for players seeking a naval battle, or control of the air. Striking hard, fast, and from a distance are trademarks of both branches. This does not mean however, that the EDF ground forces are not in any way incompetent or inferior.

The EDF M1A3 may lack in raw firepower, but speed and protection make it a deadly opponent for any Battle Tank.

Encircling is a very useful tactic against the overpowering SSIA Main Battle Tank.

Abrams can bust open fortifications that oppose them without much difficulty.

Unfortunately, heavy casualties usually come from suicidally rushing at the enemy, as displayed by the Stealth Bomber.

Support from Bradleys and Avengers could of easily turned the tide of this battle.

The EDF Railgun Tank is a sophisticated albeit prototype combat vehicle designed to destroy, well...anything that gets in the line of fire of its main gun.

The fearsome airstrikes of the SSIA can keep any defender pinned down.

The EDF Navy's workhorse is the Missile Destroyer, an advanced combat ship with the ability to attack any target on the battlefield within its range.

The EDF Navy is very much the best fleet in the world, and this is reflected in the mod.

While powerful, the EDF Destroyer easily succumbs to aerial bombardment.

The EDF Fleet is almost entirely sunk, with one Volkov Class Tesla Cruiser remaining to carry on the fight. Unfortunately, the 2 Stealth Tanks have payloads to deliver.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, congratulations on SS making it this far...*cough* Soviet kov killed our Naval Yard in ShallowGrave.mix *cough* I like the Hover Tank's shape...perfect, maybe.

Maybe make a downloadable text-full post for those who love to read #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear star strike!
Happy birthday to you!

And where can I D/L it or has it been pulled til 0.6?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A decent looking mod here, keep up the good work

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Lt. Albrecht: It's been pulled.

Lovely stuff, once more, EVA. Keep pumping out voxels, cuz they're rather nice to look at. And, add moar text. I read it all, believe it or not.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have read all of this, and i have been reading all the updates Very Happy

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work you have there. I really like the combat visuals in there.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! The visuals are very well done, the concept of the mod is brilliant. I love the units and the projectiles, the ideas are great! The only thing is that i think the SSIA Hover Tank would look better with tracks and not hover...i just reckon it would look better. Nice work EVA! Happy 3rd B-day Star Strike Smile (Said for Feb 19th)

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback guys, it means alot. Smile

The release of Star Strike for you guys interested is February 25th, 2007.

Currently, the only things I have left to do really is-
Twelve Cameos

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only 12? Do your best, take your time #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

keep it up, I admire your effort Smile

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm on msn with him now, and it appears 3 of 12 are done. The one he showed me looks promising. We're working out updates for the next release(Hey Eva, can I spill the beans on this one? :p).

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w00t! go Star strike! I am intreagued by these "updates", what do they signify? New buildings perhaps? Or something even better?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jugger-Juggernaut? o.o

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What?!? Why would there be a Juggernaut??? That's worse than my suggestion that that new unit for TI (or TO, can't remember) was kane's pimped out ride!

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some awesome vxls in there, like the miner and the Stealth tank.

Happy Birthday!

WrathOfLust
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject:  hehe Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey there Evo Laughing nice going,i never knew the mod was around for this long,surprisingly I havent found it earlier,but then again im mostly on revora forums Rolling Eyes Well im lookign forward for more games with ya.... nerfing my tesla bombers...how mean Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon