Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CnC3 Mammoth Tank (TS)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:  CnC3 Mammoth Tank (TS) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Replaced the testures with a darker scheme. Smile

A Mammoth Tank from CnC3. I orginally made it based on early shots of the Mammoth prior to the trailers. The earlier one is narrower and the main guns are prominately positioned on top of the turret. This is the direction I went. I then added some width to the body and tracks giving it a more trailer look.

I thought about redoing the turret, still might at a later time, but I liked the way the old turret looked so I decided to stick with that. I've included both versions. Enjoy Smile

Currently I've replaced all of GDI's armor except for the mlrs and apc. I'm not too keen on WW mechs. At least not on what they look like in TS.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Mammoth.gif
 Description:
Mammoth in Voxel Viewer. Two versions showing. Ones wider than the other.
 Filesize:  75.08 KB
 Viewed:  33373 Time(s)

Mammoth.gif

Mammoth Ingame.gif
 Description:
Mammoth Ingame w/New Texture
 Filesize:  106.27 KB
 Viewed:  33373 Time(s)

Mammoth Ingame.gif

cnc3 mammoth tank.zip
 Description:
The Mammoth Tank

Download
 Filename:  cnc3 mammoth tank.zip
 Filesize:  41.04 KB
 Downloaded:  1708 Time(s)

Last edited by Rebelmoon on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some very nice voxels there, although it does seem a bit brighter than most other GDI voxels at certain angles.

Some nice detailling though, a very good voxel.

And with regards to the second screenie, thats why you always have more than one construction yard first chance you get Wink

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Muldrake! Smile

As you can tell by your own concept tank I'm using, I apreciate your work and your opinion.

The color is a weird thing. My texture is the same as the original units, but it does brighten up in certain angles. Any ideas?

As far as the devastating loss of my Con. Yard. I agree, and it's the 1st thing I usually build. But I was too busy pumping out Mammoths so I could get alot of angles for the screeny, hence the rapid paving.

I still won that one tho. Wink I haven't coded the Mammoth correctly yet other than putting it ingame and it has dual railguns enabled currently. I built so many Mammoths, I mowed through the nod base. Very Happy Of course it was with a 50% casualty rate. But as a commander, sometimes one must do what is required to assure victory at all costs. lol

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its nice to be appreciated. Thank you.

And the variation in colour is due to the normals, but the normals are fine..

Still, it doesn't detract from the fact that these are some brilliant voxels.

And, I'm thinking these deserve to be spotlighted.
What does everyone else think?

(Only just noticed the modified power plants.. interesting)

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm....

methinks... spotlight.

--------------------------------------

dude.. that thing is HUGE!.. does it fit through the door of the wf?

nice power plants, by the way. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those voxels deserves to be spotlighted, but Medium tank, it needs some work.
On my own words: Great work with that Mammoth tank!

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaTSchikinhed wrote:
hmmm....

methinks... spotlight.

--------------------------------------

dude.. that thing is HUGE!.. does it fit through the door of the wf?

nice power plants, by the way. Smile

Thanks DaTSchikinhed Smile

Unfortunately GDI Engineers have to repair the WF everytime a Mammoth exits because it takes out the sidewalls. But not by much. Laughing

I didn't like the upgrade system on the power plants, so I modified the shps and made a regular & advanced power plant. Simple C&P job but I did do the buildups as well. Only thing wrong with them is the shadow is missing for one of the stacks on the advanced one. Something I might one day fix, but doesn't really bother me.

DonutArnold wrote:
Those voxels deserves to be spotlighted, but Medium tank, it needs some work.
On my own words: Great work with that Mammoth tank!

Thanks DonutArnold Smile

Don't worry. Wink I plan on revisiting my medium tank voxel. The only angles I'm happy with are the front and rear view. The side view still bugs me.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The colour bothers me...you know? I think its TOO yellow. IMHO, go for a brown instead of 'gold'. Same with all the vehicles. Too yellow. Not enough Brown!

PS...TS to CC3 Conversion your making?

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
The colour bothers me...you know? I think its TOO yellow. IMHO, go for a brown instead of 'gold'. Same with all the vehicles. Too yellow. Not enough Brown!

PS...TS to CC3 Conversion your making?

I'm afraid I agree about the yellow/gold. But it is the same colors as the original units. I think I'm going to try and duplicate Muldrakes Concept Tank color, see how that looks. I'll try that out when I redo my Medium Tank.

As far as the conversion, not what I was intending. Everything is so subjective to change, especially when dealing with EA. Plus I have almost zero info on Nod units. TS was a big disapointment to me when it came out. I cut my teeth playing C&C dos. I still have that game actually. But I could not get in to playing TS as it was designed. So I'm really just making it playable for me personally. I have always loved the Mammoth Tank, and I really like the looks of the new units in CnC3. I might actually try some of the buildings at a later time. So if it is a conversion, it's only in the loosest sense. Wink

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well give a shot with the recolour, it could help out a bit.

And this thread is only about the Mammoth Tank Voxels, so they would be the one spotlighted.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excuse me, but IMO its wider that the warfactory door... Or you're planning to make a bigger door?

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jah wrote:
Excuse me, but IMO its wider that the warfactory door... Or you're planning to make a bigger door?

Actually I was toying with the idea of widening the war factory. I posted earlier the GDI Engineers had to repair the door everytime it exited. Just might be awhile before I start fooling with shps. I would rather have a fairly accurate scaled unit until then. That is what bothered me so much about the Mammoth MKII. It was hard to visualize that little unit being a powerful massive mech when the scale was so off compared to the Titan. I remember that being a big complaint when the game 1st came out. Anyway, yes to both questions, altho the latter might be awhile. Wink

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'd be rather awesome to see a TS-CC3 TC. #Tongue Is that Medium Tank ever to see release? And I still cant say I care for this new look either. Something about it irks me...Wish I could say what.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One word: AWESOME.

That is a very finely made voxel right there. Smile . WW couldn't have done voxels like those I'll bet. Looks very like the picture you posted too! If you're going to make a CC3 to TS conversion that would really rock!

TS' fun factor increases almost geometrically when it is being modded.. that's one very big advantage the C&C series has over Blizzard games.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like it!
good work there Wink

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's ok, but damn, it's huge, no gigantic Laughing

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it, if u ask me the origional Mammoth tank pics with the guns on top (like this VXL) makes it look like they are rail gun's, similar to the MMK2 Very Happy

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
It'd be rather awesome to see a TS-CC3 TC. #Tongue Is that Medium Tank ever to see release? And I still cant say I care for this new look either. Something about it irks me...Wish I could say what.

We'll see about the conversion. Alot of work for one man. I wouldn't rule it out though. Wink

I released an earlier version Medium tank a while back. It's listed in the forum. But I did update it with a few tweaks I had made and a texture to match the Mammoth. I am working on a newer version off & on, and I'll post it eventually. Smile

carniwhore wrote:
i like it!
good work there Wink

Seeing as you made the 1st CnC3 Mammoth that I know of, I greatly appreciate it. Smile

Red Dragon, it is huge, but looking at the trailer where it shows a soldier running next to it, it's scale is about right. Wink

IVI AFV-factory, Thanks Smile

Rico, Thanks also. Smile The only drawback with the railguns is you have to be careful and don't have one of these suckers in your base during an attack. It'll cause more damage than the attacking force. Laughing Not sure which weapon I'm going to give it. I have the railguns enabled for testing but they are a direct line of sight weapon on a tank without the height of the MMKII. Haven't decided yet.

Thanks all for the comments.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why havent this been spotlighted yet? I mean, come on! This voxel is above avarage... waaayyy above!

Black hawk
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

need a cameo for this voxel

Love MLRS, its the worlds most dangerous artillery!!
Thanks bittah for the sig .
MY TS/V forum

vessela

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really great work done here... simply AWESOME but i don't know how to put this into the game... could someone help me? Pleaseee...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

please don't bump TWO YEAR OLD threads, and if you have a question please register!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!