Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Blargh, I'm dead
Moderators: Judeau, Mortecha, Rico
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject:  Blargh, I'm dead Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had it with the TS engine and dying community, I'm stopping development , the team will choose someone to continue work, if that is wanted by the team.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a shame to see the TS community painfully die like this, although I do sympathise with your reasons for leaving. This community seems very stagnant (as of the moment), there isn't enough interest in TS mods to be more than something for yourself it seems. And with TS's aging engine/limited/poor coding, and slow progress on such things as ETS, it becomes increasingly boring...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't gotten bored of it

And ETS, you don't really need 20 superwapons and 6 factions to make a good mod #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish i could make HP have everything you all need, but it wont anytime soon.

pd's new DLL logic will allow us to do ANYTHING we want, so really, no limits on that end.

And its a shame Jedus, but i know how you feel.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's so sad. You've done so many good things thus far, but I understand.
When looking at other RTS:es, I really haven't seen one that has more support in modding than the C&C games. Just one positive insight.

So what's your plans now?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like to mod RA2 more, because I can't play even a single game in TS without the dreadfull IE popping up, saying the WaveClass is f*cked up again... So if anyone finds a solution to kill this IE, please share it Rolling Eyes (and not the 'old' solutions like setting Detail Level to 0 and etc, I've tried them all, and none works...)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DG, move WaveClass errors are with a error being the the actual TS code, where it cant handle something related to the Sonic Weapon.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHyper wrote:
DG, move WaveClass errors are with a error being the the actual TS code, where it cant handle something related to the Sonic Weapon.

...and lasers. This is where it crashes with me (I only play Nod when I'm testing my modded AI)...

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you though for at least releasing your mod to the public. It is a shame though that a decent modder like you is leaving, and yes the community is dying. So long friend Smile

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what all the hubbub... Judeau?
you're giving up!
nooooo!! noooo!!!!
you have to be like little turtle who never give up he keep trying till he dead! or when he completes whatever the hell he was doing...

Finish Or Die Trying
or not #Tongue

@ Judeau's next post, go to your room and think about what you did. :0

Last edited by Renegangsta on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegangsta wrote:

Finish Or Die Trying

look at the thread title #Tongue

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't really blame Judeau. I mean, how many people backed out of the tournament - from my perspective it was a real kick in the teeth from the community. I would be pissed having spent all the time getting TSD working before xmas to make the netgame possible, taking the time to organise an event only for nearly all the people to back out at the last minute.

Anyway, I am totally in for another tournament Judea or a casual game.

After switching it to normal mode, I could join a game being created and click 'accept', but when it went to the loading screen only my 'load' progress showed up (nobody else’s horizontal bar showed) and everybody was apparently 'disconnected' when the game started.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Equiredox wrote:

After switching it to normal mode, I could join a game being created and click 'accept', but when it went to the loading screen only my 'load' progress showed up (nobody else’s horizontal bar showed) and everybody was apparently 'disconnected' when the game started.

common XWIS problem, I might be able to help you with that.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So Judeau goes through all this effort to get this ready for you guys to play, yet you guys left the tourney and kicked us. Hope you're proud.

At least you could have said "I won't be arriving on Boxing Day, perhaps the day after?" but of course, psychic radars are inactive.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You make it sound like Judeau is the only person on the planet to experience this. I've basically stopped modding for the same reason. I poured my heart and soul into Novus Ordo for two years and nobody seemed interested in it and instead chased other, less original/good mods. Everyone who helped to beta test NO all said it was very good and everyone put effort in to make it balanced, make it as bug-free as possible and make the experience as smooth as could be but still nobody played it. Admittedly I went and released it when it wasn't done but the lack of interest meant it would never be done anyway.

The fact of the matter is, nobody cares any more and everything is likely to just fade to obscurity. The thing is, the TS and RA2 communities are great because they're so much more personal than other communities. If you look at HL2, there are loads of mods but they're all isolated from each other. The smaller mods are ignored and the larger mods have their own dedicated fanbases that just stay away from others. The whole C&C community is a lot more tightly-knit and most of the time you'd hope that it would mean there would be more support towards the mods but it doesn't seem to work. There aren't many mods in the community that actually gain momentum and get a following. In fact, I'd say mods are more popular when they're in development than when they're released. The fact alone that lots of people were willing to play suggests that people actually care about this mod. It surprises me that you're giving up when people have kept going with far less support.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only heard about Hamachi after the event started. Once I've heard about it, I've made a news about it, updated the event table, etc... Of course, this wasn't enough. Maybe some people actually went to XWIS...

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been planning to quit modding for a long time, Clazzy, this tournament simply made clear to me that the community is on it's last legs, and any more effort I put into TSD will most likely go to waste, next to perhaps making twenty people look up for a week or so.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holds up lit cigarette lighter and waves it, while listening to Something You Forgot, while reading

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing against you Judeau, but maybe the time of the tournament was just badly chosen. It's common that most ppl won't be at home on their pc when it's christmas... Maybe the tournament should be held after new year's day.
Anyways, that's something for the next time PPM has a mod tournament...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O_o

I Go away for one day and this happens?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry to hear that, you too Clazzy, believe me I have watched your projects in secrecy, and for some reasons I have not done much around here other than reading. But I have plans myself to contribute to this community, the problem is I'm on an agonizing state at the moment, emotionally, which I should get through eventually.

Other than that, alot of people here don't have a clue who the hell I am.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good Luck with your 2D flier man!
And by the way, BLACKSTER FOR TSD TEAM LEADER!!!also again, can you guys add ETS to the mod? so game experience will be extremely better, especially air battles!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Judeau wrote:
I've been planning to quit modding for a long time, Clazzy, this tournament simply made clear to me that the community is on it's last legs, and any more effort I put into TSD will most likely go to waste, next to perhaps making twenty people look up for a week or so.

I also know that feeling, it's actually the reason why there are such huge gaps between the last few ROTD versions.
I tend to agree with the "on it's last legs" thing. It's similar with ROTD, I mean it was once quite popular, and now since I announced that I had started working on it again, with a few exceptions no one seems to care really. Actually, no ROTD-version after 2.4 gained any real popularity, judging by the low number of forum posts after their releases.

I have a feeling that most people left in the TS/RA2 community (TS even more than RA2, I think) are modders themselves, and are more busy with working on their mods than playing other mods. The number of "playing-only" Community-Members is what gets lower and lower.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy, bringing back memories of the fun tests of NO online...but I understand completely why Judeau and Clazzy quit(As will I onces 3.0 goes out.). The TS and RA2 communities are dying quickly(RA2 moreso. Have you ever seen a project released in recent times for RA2?)..Oh well. Fun times. Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the date probably wasn't the best, admittedly (even though I helped decide it)

I was up till 4AM on Christmas, and by the time the tourney rolled around for me @ 9AM the next morning, i literally coldn't get my eyes open
(nor did I really want to at the time). The soonest I could get myself up was later @ 11:30 ish

You also have to consider how often we do tournaments.
Maybe if we did tourneys more often, people would get more accustomed as to what to expect..
A lot of people hadn't played TS online in a long time/ever, and couldn't figure out how to get it working, as it can be a bugger if someone doesn't know/remember how to do it.

I'd suggest having another tourney in a week or two when Dusk has its next patch, then a Nuvos Ordo the day after and then any other mods (maybe even TS:RO can get an alpha together for this one)

I believe that the more tournaments we have, the more turnout there'll be. We shouldn't get too discouraged over just this one

The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I'll intensify the propaganda for the remaining days.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man Judeau, I wish you didn't quit. Confused You made a great mod, and trust me it kept me playing for more than 2 weeks. We need to keep people interested like Team Black said. More tournys and such.

I love modding TS, it is so much more better than other games (Generals is so boring to mod! Mad ) Plus I can run TS and not have lag. (I have a Dell from year 2000) I can't play CNC3, so I don't know what it's like. Generals lags. RA2 I never liked to mod. TS is great! And with our expanding knowledge and exe hacks we are getting farther and farther in our expanding our abilities to mod TS. Also like TSHyper said if pd's DLL logic works than we can do anything. Smile

It's a sad thing to see such a good modder go. I would of played in the tourny, but I can't stay on the internet long, and it's slow. So best of wishes Judeau.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

joshy wrote:
Oh man Judeau, I wish you didn't quit. Confused You made a great mod, and trust me it kept me playing for more than 2 weeks. We need to keep people interested like Team Black said. More tournys and such.

I love modding TS, it is so much more better than other games (Generals is so boring to mod! Mad ) Plus I can run TS and not have lag. (I have a Dell from year 2000) I can't play CNC3, so I don't know what it's like. Generals lags. RA2 I never liked to mod. TS is great! And with our expanding knowledge and exe hacks we are getting farther and farther in our expanding our abilities to mod TS. Also like TSHyper said if pd's DLL logic works than we can do anything. Smile

It's a sad thing to see such a good modder go. I would of played in the tourny, but I can't stay on the internet long, and it's slow. So best of wishes Judeau.

Good post! Smile

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darn, that's too bad... I always enjoyed TSD...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You think nobody plays the mod just because they dont talk about it? I have Rotd and would have turned up to have my ass kicked for the tourney if only I had an internet connection on my gaming PC. There are people (possibly more than some) who play mods but don't talk about them, I used to be one of those people, then I lost my Sudden Strike II CD and found the register button, I found the CD again but I couldn't undo the button bit XD.

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's too bad to see you quit in TS modding, Crying or Very sad you know, TSD is the best mod i"ve ever play. anyway, hope you know what you're doing Wink

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155 wrote:
So Judeau goes through all this effort to get this ready for you guys to play, yet you guys left the tourney and kicked us. Hope you're proud.

Personal matters do however rule out playing video games in the eyes of our parental units. Kick yourself.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Judeau
I understand too that the TS and RA2 community's are dieing Judeau.

however i will finish my mod before the community dies completely, but i hoped with the release of TSD it whouldn't die just yet for T.S. .

@Mei Ling
indeed the community is dieing but not becouse people stop playing.

Its just Ideas, flaming and lack of 3d knowledge with a mix of unfinished mods which brings it all down
and lack of hosting by moderators.

@All
Its not one persons faults its everyones which really makes the death here at ppm a reality

However it can be changed around. (E.g. more help on unfinished mods would help i think and more tools)

And everyone knows how.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it's time to finish my private mod, and release it #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac wrote:
@Mei Ling

Its just Ideas, flaming and lack of 3d knowledge with a mix of unfinished mods which brings it all down

If these are the reasons why the modding community is going down, then the community has been dying from the very beginning, because as far as I can remember, it has been like that since 8 years or so. There was a short peak of interest when TSR 1.21, TSTW 1.1 and ROTD 2.0 were released, but after that it went down quite fast.

Dubzac wrote:
@All
Its not one persons faults its everyones which really makes the death here at ppm a reality

However it can be changed around. (E.g. more help on unfinished mods would help i think and more tools)

And everyone knows how.

I don't think it's "everyones fault" either. You cannot blame people for doing what they want. This is a hobby, afterall. Also, the older a game gets, the more people lose interest in it. Actually I would say considering how old TS/RA2 are and how limited the modding possibilities are in some areas (although pds DLL project might change that), it's surprising that the community is still alive (I think you can still consider it alive when compared to some other games).
More help on unfinished mods would indeed help in theory, but realistically, that's not going to happen, at least not the way you mean it. There's simply a limited number of people who are good enough, and the vast majority of them is already involved in some projects. If those would help out more on other mods, it would slow down progress on their own mods.
And about tools, there have never been as many good & useful tools as there are now. That's really not the problem imo.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xenology_311 wrote:

Personal matters do however rule out playing video games in the eyes of our parental units. Kick yourself.

No. You say you're coming, you expect people to arrive. They don't, at least you could have reminded us earlier.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You really can't judge the state of the community because of one tourney - which happened right after Christmas, for that matter..
At any state of the community, giving up so soon is not going to help anything. This is honestly the best mod I've ever played, I'm really surprised at the people who put so much effort into this project, just to give it all up so easily. Just look at all the people who expressed their support for the mod, just in this thread.
I don't mod this game because it's the most popular game in the world, I do it because I plain love it. The TS engine has some limits, true, but the things it has it's got where it counts. You don't really need 1000 possibilities to make a game, it helps, but it's no reason to abandon the engine completely
Even without the DLL project, there's still plenty to make a good game from in the TS engine

Just plan on another tourney, when we release the next patch. There'll be a new titan, and a bunch of new maps, and some other misc fixes.
The community can only 'die' as much as you let it, we'd be playing Macbeth predicting the community's doom, when we ourselves helped it to get that way for fear of that very thing.

The Team Black Index

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh dear, well, sorry to disappoint you all, but I just feel TS modding isn't my calling anymore.

I've been modding TS for.....a very long time, and at this point in time I just don't have much joy doing it anymore.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I've been modding TS for.....a very long time, and at this point in time I just don't have much joy doing it anymore.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, the desire comes and goes. Just, thank you for everything you have done for the community, and I wish you the best of luck in your new calling.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye - I'll forgive you if you get OTS off the ground #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Dubzac wrote:
@Mei Ling

If these are the reasons why the modding community is going down, then the community has been dying from the very beginning, because as far as I can remember, it has been like that since 8 years or so. There was a short peak of interest when TSR 1.21, TSTW 1.1 and ROTD 2.0 were released, but after that it went down quite fast.

Dubzac wrote:
@All

And everyone knows how.

I don't think it's "everyones fault" either. You cannot blame people for doing what they want. This is a hobby, afterall. Also, the older a game gets, the more people lose interest in it. Actually I would say considering how old TS/RA2 are and how limited the modding possibilities are in some areas (although pds DLL project might change that), it's surprising that the community is still alive (I think you can still consider it alive when compared to some other games).
More help on unfinished mods would indeed help in theory, but realistically, that's not going to happen, at least not the way you mean it. There's simply a limited number of people who are good enough, and the vast majority of them is already involved in some projects. If those would help out more on other mods, it would slow down progress on their own mods.
And about tools, there have never been as many good & useful tools as there are now. That's really not the problem imo.

(with tools its more graphical (TMP and other) editors really and sound generators i see little if any on that )

your right on target.

I had a total of 1020 downloads and counting. IMO so i have no doubt people are playing mods.

Its just that owners don't get feedback or get mentioned.

For example i got nothing for fount page news but yet i was successfull so i know theres players out there.

for me i made all mine mostly on my own with lots of help.

Some mods have no support at all which is very hard to know if anyone likes you.

As hogo98 and i have disscussed some mods need to merge to get better out comes.
*hint* possible merge with Dawn of the legions with robotstorm is immanent. *hint*

Individual methods just don't work well as i have noticed *form my self*

Judeau is going to leave and thats fine. As long as the mod doesn't stop as well because that would be a shame.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mod gonna keep alive.

I still have a map to finish. Oh, two maps Surprised.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm taking the reigns of Dusk, as we discussed in the staff forum..

@ Dubzac, Juds isn't leaving, he's just not modding TS anymore Wink

The Team Black Index

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155 wrote:
No. You say you're coming, you expect people to arrive. They don't, at least you could have reminded us earlier.

I said I would play however I also said there was a good chance I would have to pull out for family reasons, however within the same day I said I had to pull out. I never stated I was 100% going to be in the tourney. Now please stop thinking I pulled a fast one on everyone and seriously, if you did read my post I did state it way prior to the tourney, back on like the 22 or 23 of december. These things happen, deal with it and stop attacking those who had to leave!

grumble grumble...

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you don't have fun modding anymore maybe you should quit it indeed.
Yet I was disapointed when I saw that because I like TSD very much (it's one of the only mod I really played for the game itself rather than having a look to what other people do) and this mod is one of my models.

02nwilson
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the bumb, and for the long post (a life story be me (not)). Just read this topic and im sorry to hear the news, but its interesting to see the result of it. One thing ive noticed about this topic is that it has brought the people who are still interested in this mod/community to moarn (if u like) the sad news. What im trying to say is that possibly everyone one who has posted here, or looked upon the post or even the whole section are still fans of TS and of this mod and are interested in what is going to happen to it! Yes the community is dying, but out of the ever shrinking community will come the true fans of TS (& RA2) as im sure they will, as i would, stick with the remainder of the community (you never know, that ETS may even get so awesome the people who left will miss out!). The amount of work that has gone into the Mods on this site is fenominal and I myself find it exiting that work is still being pushed forward to release a mod or beta despite the low numbers of interested people. I have played TSD, ROTD and Retro and they are all brilliant, much more than what i can do, TSD and Retro creates a brand new flavour and strategic thought to the game and its great because i actually get challenged (and often fail miserably), ROTD brings the good old days of C&C back to our PC's. Im sure that people like me, Reaperrrr and others will stick by this community in the toughest of times. The community is IMMUNE from death for now! (and has infinite ammo Razz )

You've put some good work into TSD Judea, Good Job mate, its just a shame you decided to leave Sad

Edit: thank god the mod isnt dead

Just a bunch of Gunships

\m/ "Are you dead yet!!?!" Children of Bodom \m/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think the community is really dying, we are washing gold and find the little bits every now and then, because I've seen more new people that are posting now.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I've had it with the TS engine and dying community, I'm stopping development , the team will choose someone to continue work, if that is wanted by the team.

well yes the same problem....

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mod TS because it's the most popular thing in the world, but simply because it's fun -
I know too much about the TS engine to want to learn a new engine all over again.
Even though it has some limits compared to nowadays' games, it still allows enough to make a fun mod out of, and you don't need all kinds of haxing and C++ skillz to do it.
but, we've already discussed all that..

I'll be keeping an eye on Dusk, patching it as necessary. If you need to get a hold of Judeau, it's best to use a PM, and not bump old topics -
And believe me, he's already had his earful of all the reasons he shouldn't stop modding TS" Wink

The next Dusk patch will feature some misc fixes, and a new map made by myself, for the "survival" gamemode (urban combat FTW!)

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon