Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to RA2: Moscow's vengeance
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject:  Welcome to RA2: Moscow's vengeance
Subject description: I've been hosted
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone, I've got my own forum! (applause)
First thing:
Thanks Banshee! Very Happy

Welcome everyone, enjoy your visit!

Rules:
-If you spam, I will change your post to a picture of that foodstuff.
-If you act like a baby, yur post will be replaced by a picture of a crying infant.
-If you flame, I'm going to just replace your post with a picture of a fireplace.

Please, post your ideas, just don't expect me to use them all, I'll use some, but not all.
For instance I liked Gufu's Ekranoplan Idea and I may implement that in future.

And can anyone do a few SHPs please(2 or 3)? They don't have to be 1337, just not bad. PM me if interested and I shall tell you more, if no then that's fine.

Stuff (and eventually an alpha) is coming soon. Please have patience, and you shall be rewarded Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good luck mate.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I think I'm going to need it...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where are my promised modding powers #Tongue Also, good you got it hosted here Smile

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, I shall go and gently nudge banshee (verbally, and not too much or he might slip on the delete button whist checking my forum files...)

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Looks for fireplace image* Yes I flamed #Tongue I'm sure this will turn out VERY well, hmm hmm hm...

Flamethrowers @ Fissure ftw.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Talking of flamethrowes, I'm bringing them back. I always thoughtthey were a soviet kind of weapon and wondered why there weren't more flame units for the Soviets.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe burning their own comrades? #Onfire

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it really matter? I always missed those weapons in RA2... Also, thanks for adding me to the mod team Albrecht Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No worries. And if it's one thing the soviets have spare it's men, they can amass armies of millions so a few hundred thousand casualties to defend thre motherland is of little consequence.

And dutchy, remember the "RA2" bit, it's important Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

methinks TypeImmune=true for flame trooperz

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't work I don't think, because of the whole particlesys thing... which is why devil's tongues can kill each other in TS.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do it without particles....

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I could... But that'd spoil the effects, and the soviets never were ones to care for their grunts anyways... Chemical weapons, huge amount of arty as close to their positions as possible, need I go on?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a great stereotype for the Soviet way of warfare...

Besides, flamethrowers suck.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I have a great stereotype for alternate universe no WWII Stalin dies in the rubble of moscow the country goes to crap then is rebuilt in the 70's Soviet way of warfare, not the real ones. But I'm not going to have them kill their own units and all that, just make them have to be careful with your flamethrowers (which will own defences, buildings and men but be useless against armour).

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...add in gunships, too. We need anti-pwn0rz flamethrower helis #Tongue Ah yes!

Navy...oh-oh.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No way, this is meant to be less zny than stock RA2, not worse!

It does sound quite funny though, Maybe a MiG with incendiary bombs as a country special...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got my point #Tongue Hmm...let's wait for more updates then.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, wait all you like, I'm in a spot of trouble with an IE I keep getting, it's forced me to take the howitzer out of the game and unless it can be fixed the allies will have to find another way to launch 135mm shells at buildings from a long distance. And the soviets have all the rockets...

Voxels are going ok though, and the rest of my rules.ini is holding together. It seems to only be howitzers (no matter what I do there is a par of the projectile/warhead/weapon/voxel/art code/rules/HVA or something that I can't find which is causing the problem!) It's getting annoying, I might have to re-start my rules, again. ugh... that was bad enough last time round, ah well, I'll go back to the last stable rules file. Bye byea allied AA turret and helicpter that carries APCs for a while...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh... that's better, My howitzer is working fine again, I can't show you it though bcause there are normals error which cause black stripes to appear across it's turret (turreted howitzer with little animated crew FTW) at certain angles.

Expect that tomorrow, maybe some other stuff today. Wink

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have any ini problems, I can help too. I'm not only an AI coder you know #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok then, thanks. I've fixed that problem. But if I need a little help or a bit of logic I don't know/can't find I can ask you, right?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes you can! #Tongue Hmm...Howitzers allies...rocket sovs...I don't suppose an energy weapon will do for allies, since the Prism is gone...perhaps Plasma or Optic Camoflage tank firing 8 missiles and cloaking away with a Tanya inside... #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I may bring back the phase tank, optical camouflage, weak armour, eight rockets or maybe a gattling gun...

But not for everyone, a country special maybe?

And by the way there isn't going to be a US side in this, they stayed neutral throughout GWWII although how neutral is questionable, and they shall be doing the same again...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll post a unit or two in a minute, I just need to take a screenie or two...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon