Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI models resized to fit Generals
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject:  GDI models resized to fit Generals
Subject description: From Renegade to Generals (SOMEONE CONVERT THESE FOR C&C# PLZ!)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

**NEW**
Well, I resized all the GDI vehciles (I'll get sea and air later) to the proper size for Generals. Someone who has the right tools should really convert these to tiberium wars models (.w3x).

Included are the:
Harvester
Humvee
APC
Medium Tank
MRLS
Mammoth Tank

You can use these in your Generals mod or whatever, no need to credit me since I did not create these models, only resized them and touched them up.

*Note* The muzzle flash appears the way it looks below when in worlbuilder, and for a short second when firing, I don't know how to fix it, but when not firing the muzzle flash does not show.

**OLD**
After seeing DutchyGamer's Mod announcment, I was inspired to try to accomplish something towards my own mod. So I did something small. I resized the medium tank from renegade into proper proportions (and axis placement) for Generals. Normally I don't think this would be nesseccary as there is a Scale=tag, but the animation was centered around the origin rather than standing on it, so something had to be done. I also widened the tank a bit so it would look more natural. So use this in your mod or whatever.

My only request: Someone convert this to the CnC3 format.

GDI arsenal.png
 Description:
The models, plus a few chinese vehciles for size comparison.
 Filesize:  510 KB
 Viewed:  7952 Time(s)

GDI arsenal.png

GDI Ren 4 Gen.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GDI Ren 4 Gen.zip
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Downloaded:  447 Time(s)

Last edited by DaFool on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad at all Smile
Also, have you been able to fix the muzzle fire? With me it always displays the whole image, inclusing the black part (as I see here too). I do have been able to fix it only shows that when firing though Smile

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, in world builder, it always displays everything
In game (not firing), everything looks perfect
In game (when firing), it displays the balck part along wih the fire for a split second. It happenes so fast the first time I didn't even notice it.

I have a vague ide of what we need to do, but I'm not too sure. I think when we export our .w3ds, we need to first select the muzzle flash and then change some settings on it (2 sides I think is one of them).

I'll say it again: Somebody gotz to get this out as .w3x

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*bump*

I added 5 more models

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i doubt anyone is crazy enough to convert this for C&C3, the models simply lack the polycount and effects.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? That's odd, considering the fact they were made for FPS X_x

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

renegade is OLD.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, Renegade models have decent polycounts, dude. JeepRubi added the Ren models to C&C3 and they look lovely to be honest.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I thought there was just a geneal lack of assests for CnC3 (because of the requirement of 3dsmax) so I thought it would a good idea to flood the market with the models of older games.

And someone already did it? Oh well. But these are still here if someone wants them.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...

Mammy vs OL

Battlemaster VS Med

Humvee VS... HUMVEE? #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehmm, why is the APC just as big as the Medium Tank? Is it the same size as in the game? If so, I really must play Renegade more #Tongue

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Really? That's odd, considering the fact they were made for FPS X_x

I think the Renegade Medium Tank has about 800 polys... The Predator Tank has more than 3500 polys #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Harvester vs the Supply Truck!

I didn't resize these all on the same scale, but according to their equivilant (humvee-humvee, tank-tank, mammy-overlord). For the APC, there was no really equivilant as far as size goes (but the troop crawler serves the same purpose) I just resized it to be equal (length wise) with the crusader tank.

Most of what I do has less to do with logic and more to do with what I feel like at the moment.

If the vehicle looks ok, what would be the problem even if it has only 800 polys?

purplescrin
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: GDI models resized to fit Generals Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can these models work on C&C3 mod sdk as well? You did release a Hover MLRS but I don't see a real 3D picture of that model in the picture of your first post.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) No, someone has to convert these into the proper format first.

2) I converted the "MRLS", not the "Hover MRLS". The former is the gdi artillery unit from renegade and TD, not the unit from tibsun.

3) These were the result of my first attempt to work with gmax/renx. They were sloopily done, and I missed some bone geometry and didnt really get the right shading done.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woo, the muzzle flashes are not done properly. Maybe if I feel bored, I'll fix it, touch it up and export it as C&C3 models. :O

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!