Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Star Strike is done.
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject:  Star Strike is done. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has been a rough three years for Star Strike, no doubt about it. I've successfully managed to kill this mod with my lack of important, critical skills, like mad-1337 'shopping, mouth-dropping 3-d models, and of course, the ability to make a new terrain set. Gotta do one of those. Atleast, this is what I have gathered from my experiences here. Oh, I can't discount the fact that every release before 0.57 ranged from trashy at best, to just a steaming pile of crap.

Anyways, enough being bitter- I am going to get right to the point.

Star Strike 0.6x<a>Build2</a>isnotgoing to be the last version of the mod.
For those who enjoyed 0.6x, 0.57, and previous versions (Why?!) I am sorry. 0.6x Build 2 will have to tide you over for the next major release. Until then, enjoy the new stuff in Build 2!
I enjoyed playing games of the mod with many of you, enjoyed getting feedback, getting beaten, outwitted, and helping me to find that mod had some potential. I thank these people for their services. I hope you guys to continue your services, as well.

However, on the bright side, Stalemate and The Cold War arenotbeing revived.Don'tExpect to see Abrams and Patton Tank redos, for each mod respectively fairly soon.
in during April's Fools; bandwagon effect

Last edited by EVA-251 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total

WrathOfLust
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: XD Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused Its been fun,too bad ur done with it,but ra2 is dying and doubt there will be any active mods by the end of this year anyways. i enjoyed playign it with ya and tony air wars ftw #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ra2 isn't dying.

Best of luck on finishing Star Strike though, dude

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To quote Vader: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
On the bright side: W0000t Cold War is coming back!

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yurisarmy wrote:
To quote Vader: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
On the bright side: W0000t Cold War is coming back!

Quote:
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh, hi!

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, CW is still dead. Razz

But seriously, another Abrams redo? It's been redone more times than the Godzilla movies. Laughing

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now he revives cold war, llate last year I asked him if he wanted some random voxels and he said the pulse had gone!

Ah well, a zombie Cold war is better than a dead cold war. Wink Unfortunately I now have my own projevct, so expect EVA 251 and Yurisarmy style voxels, basically just better ones. Laughing

Shame about starstrike... Seriously though, it is a real shame that you didn't get the support you needed.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Strike is done. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[quote="EVA-251"]It has been a rough three years for Star Strike, no doubt about it. I've successfully managed to kill this mod with my lack of important, critical skills, like mad-1337 'shopping, mouth-dropping 3-d models, and of course, the ability to make a new terrain set. Gotta do one of those. Atleast, this is what I have gathered from my experiences here. Oh, I can't discount the fact that every release before 0.57 ranged from trashy at best, to just a steaming pile of crap.

Anyways, enough being bitter- I am going to get right to the point.

[u]Star Strike 0.6x[color=#F0F0F7][size=1]<a href="http://www.eva251.ppmsite.com/index.php?page=downloadmods">Build2</a>[/size][/color]is[color=#F0F0F7][size=1]not[/size][/color]going to be the last version of the mod. [/u]
For those who enjoyed 0.6x, 0.57, and previous versions (Why?!) I am sorry. [color=#F0F0F7][size=1]0.6x Build 2 will have to tide you over for the next major release. Until then, enjoy the new stuff in Build 2![/size][/color]
I enjoyed playing games of the mod with many of you, enjoyed getting feedback, getting beaten, outwitted, and helping me to find that mod had some potential. I thank these people for their services. [color=#F0F0F7][size=1]I hope you guys to continue your services, as well.[/size][/color]

However, on the bright side, Stalemate and The Cold War are[color=#F0F0F7][size=1]not[/size][/color]being revived.[color=#F0F0F7][size=1]Don't[/size][/color]Expect to see Abrams and Patton Tank redos, for each mod respectively fairly soon.
[color=#F0F0F7][size=1]in during April's Fools; bandwagon effect[/size][/color][/quote]

Are you guys sure?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn you! You're really late with that one! Laughing
Quite funny though.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was like that the entire time, all you had to do to find out was to quote the post. Laughing

Instead it seemed to cause some sighs of relief (yay that mod is DEAD) and some disappointment (aww, that mod is dead...)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where are the Yays? All I see is some idiot who thinks RA2 is dieing. What an idiot. If TS is still living then why the hell should RA2 be dieing!?!? That's retarded logic...

Anyways. Good to hear star stike is still around. Good luck Wink

Now I'm off to fix my airstrike aircraft, it's seriously screwed at the moment, it's refusing to drop bombs, instead it makes a sound and nothing happens...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eva, 3 people new about SS. Not enough to cause yays or boos.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...I think SS needs a serious yay, or staff for EVA.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know about SS! You know about SS, destiny knows about SS, as do banshee, muldrake, tony etc etc etc

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And I as well. Hell I'm single-handedly running CW because a member of our CW staff bowed out about a year ago and Eva is busy with SS and Z-Mod.

Now on ModDB!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CW hasn't had any updates for a year! How can you run a dead mod? No offence of course.

Good luck to the both of you. And good luck to me! (I'm going to need it, at least EVA has stable releases, even if he doesn't have much of a mod team. I have neither...)

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I placed a little hidden meaning in my last post...

The "Yays" for SS "dying" are the silent ones who never post it- mind you I am not being syllogistic here- I am not throwing everybody in, it was more or less the people that just dislike the mod/me/etc.

Anyways, enough dwelling on the subject. Progress has paused momentarily, and I am debating where it is worthwhile to continue releasing quick-fixes or to just hold off on some of the rather critical gfx/code related issues until a future version of the mod.

Don t expect any large updates for at least a month or two. But as with the newer voxels of the SSIA, I am not going to disappoint with these updates. Wink

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who the fu ck likes you anyways? Rolling Eyes

J/k.

THIS MOD IS ACTUALLY FUN THIS TIME AROUND. (Except for the broken strings...)

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
CW hasn't had any updates for a year! How can you run a dead mod? No offence of course.

Easy, just keep working on it without posting updates(I do that because I have limited time anymore. Speaking of, I'm gonna be afk a bit more this week than usual, sorry).

Between military work and other stuff that needs to be done, finding a decent amount of time for it all is tough.

Now on ModDB!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So stuff is actually happening?!?! Ok. That's good I suppose.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon