Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
ZOMG!...finally some updates: BOS Crack Assault Paladin
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject:  ZOMG!...finally some updates: BOS Crack Assault Paladin Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shizai baoqian, wo mei you xin gongzuo. Embarassed

sorry for the long period of stagnancy... just got a new PC. I just might finally resume modding... now that I have a new PC and all but probably not at the same pace as before (got other priorities now). Wink

Anyway, here's a proto on the BOS Crack Assault paladin. no textures yet, I still have to find and make some... and currently no animations have been done except the idle animation. Shocked

feedback, comments, suggestions all welcome

Info:

BOS Crack Assault Paladin
Side: Brotherhood of Steel
Standard Equipment:
1x Avenger Minigun (7.62) or 1x Vindicator Minigun (5.7 caseless)
1x Wattz Laser Pistol
T51b Power Armor

crack assault paladin proto.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.08 KB
 Viewed:  22697 Time(s)

crack assault paladin proto.PNG

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heyyy, IVI is back!

Nice model here so far, can't wait to see Fallout Wars back in action again Smile

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KOPELE!!!1!

Welcome back buddy! Happy new PC Smile

Looks mean and terryfing. Perhaps the backpack could be a bit smaller though? It looks too boxy atm.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ZOMG!...finally some updates: BOS Crack Assault Paladin Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI wrote:
Shizai baoqian, wo mei you xin gongzuo. Embarassed

sorry for the long period of stagnancy... just got a new PC. I just might finally resume modding... now that I have a new PC and all but probably not at the same pace as before (got other priorities now). Wink

Anyway, here's a proto on the BOS Crack Assault paladin. no textures yet, I still have to find and make some... and currently no animations have been done except the idle animation. Shocked

feedback, comments, suggestions all welcome

Info:

BOS Crack Assault Paladin
Side: Brotherhood of Steel
Standard Equipment:
1x Avenger Minigun (7.62) or 1x Vindicator Minigun (5.7 caseless)
1x Wattz Laser Pistol
T51b Power Armor

HAHAHA, YOU, WE NEED TO TALK !
Sorry, I'd just like to join in for this mod, I think I might be able to help you in many ways.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crack?

Jet will be introduced?

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Judeau:
Well, I do need some pointers in reconfiguring the AI. I really dont get why the AI always chooses to send infantry instead of armor even money's abundant.... just one of the many reasons why the AI doesn't perform well in this mod and my other one.

@ Gufu:
No. The title 'Crack Assault Paladin' I adapted from Fallout 1. I suppose it means that they are some sort of Quick Response Annihilation Team of sorts.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

QRAT =/= Crack. they on drugs?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Read the above IVI's post.

Hm... ok IVI - good to see you back!

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Class to see your return, nice model, cant wait for texture and ingame man, nice job.

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back IVI.

It is a nice model. but the legs are very hi-poly. run into isses with unwrapping/animating them yet?

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crack generally means "best/veteran"

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only don't like the blue cord thing he is holding in his left hand.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Judeau wrote:
Crack generally means "best/veteran"

you have fun with your crack-whores then...

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
I only don't like the blue cord thing he is holding in his left hand.

second handle for the minigun ?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think then it should be a two 90 degree angle... half a square handle... seems more logical...

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Ickus: yeah, the legs are too high poly... but it's going to be turned into an SHP so polycount won't really matter Very Happy

@ Chielscape: All right, all right... we'll rename this unit to "Veteran Assault Paladin". Idea

@ Gufu: Well, that handle's supposed to be adjustable... it just so happened to be tipped that way for easier reach.

@everyone:

Anyway, sorry for the slow updates, I've been doing other things... leaving me little time for development. anyway, I ran into some problems that forced me to 're-bone', 're-texture' and typically fix all sorts of errors on the model. errors are still present such as clipping errors with regards to the shoulder plates. The texture isn't much to be proud of either... but Im satisfied with it. besides uber textures aren't really necessary since it's going to be zoomed way out anyway... I'll just fix it up in photoshop. Ill begin animating tomorrow..

here's how the VAP is so far..

beta (ready for animation).PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.59 KB
 Viewed:  22350 Time(s)

beta (ready for animation).PNG

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That wouldn't be bad for shooters!
I think we has a winner!

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got nothing to do today; no work, special trip, date or w/e so I worked a bit on the mod. Very Happy

this is how the veteran assault paladin will more or less appear in game. it's about the same size as the BOS templar (visible on the top right corner).

Don't worry about the blurriness; highlights aren't done yet and the shadows aren't done either.

please give some feedback.. Smile

test.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  280.7 KB
 Viewed:  22018 Time(s)

test.PNG

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cameos... need more work...

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh, hehe, don't mind those silly cameos; they're not for this mod Very Happy . they're just placeholders Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that guy is a GIANT Surprised

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

What the hell you wanted from motorized armor?

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

ok I'll make it smaller

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's size is fine IMO; don't change it (if you're still going to resize it, IMO it should be less than a 10%). Looks good, but it needs more contrast, maybe something simple, like using a darker texture on the shoulder and chest plates, and also on the boots. And of course it needs remap.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so I've decided to finally finish this unit, here's how it looks in game (without the shadows).

I also tried to obtain a gif of its current progress, but as usual the colors came out wrong... I wonder why.

test.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  500.63 KB
 Viewed:  21245 Time(s)

test.jpg

test.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.08 KB
 Viewed:  21245 Time(s)

test.gif

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy carp, it's finito. In the gif, it looks like the m413 drags(or hits the ground) in the run anim. Oh well though eh?

As for making a preview gif that isn't messed up, I'd suggest exporting the shp as a pile of pngs and use a gif animator for making a preview.

Nnngh, I need to sleep, or sometihng.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nope, it doesn't hit the ground... although I gave the animation a little 'limp' to emphasize the weight of the weapon.

I've just finished the standing attack animations. so here's a templar and a paladin settling their personal differences...

itspersonal.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  200.16 KB
 Viewed:  21218 Time(s)

itspersonal.PNG

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why he looks like he is roller scating?

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hammer time Very Happy

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Why he looks like he is roller scating?

because he can't step too far with one of his legs due to the weight of minigun. Idea but be at ease, I think it looks ok in-game.

:EDIT:

I redid the run animation, I removed the limp and made it run like a normal power-armor wearing person #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon