Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Civillian Developments
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject:  Civillian Developments Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Civillian structures were never strong enough to survive close-combat with another enemy occupied garrison. But in RA2: Moscow's Vengeance...

In RA2: MV, Urban Infantry-to-Infantry combat is redefined. With the ability to garrison multiple types of infantry in civillian structures, one can kill tanks and infantry, with the same building. Garrisons will now be able to have firefights wth each other, lasting 20 seconds or above.
ALBRECHT EDIT: It's Vengeance not Revenge Wink

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice!
Albrecht Edit Twisted Evil Removed spoilage.
Note to destiny, If you called TO Tiberian Journey do you think they'd notice?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooh, you actually noticed the Revenge? Darn #Tongue

Ah Dutchy, you spoilt it #Tongue

More civillian developments will be posted as RA2: MV progresses.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh? What was wrong about what I said? GUESS WHO?: Yep dutchy, you got it in one. Very few people will ever know
though...

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmmmmmm interesting. but wont it be a little overpowered if you have come certain infantry in buildings?

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, because you can blast them out with artillery old boy. Katyushas make short work of buildings last time I checked, and all stuff has to have the same rang so snipers are limited to 8 cells and rifle inf are boosted to that distance.

And everyone loves airstrikes Wink Especially with rocket armed Yak Jets (new yak for the new war Very Happy) And if the enemy should tank spam then A10s and rocket inf spams will cut them down to size, the key is your brain. It will unlock the gates on the road to victory. Uh-oh, I sound like yuri...

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so are you adding all that in MV? if so sweet

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, we are. But currently we have KGB and FBI agents at my back, so I can't divulge much more.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will you make all garrison weapons AA or all garrison weapons nonAA?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simply put, no. It appears the engine disallows this... Sad If all weapons were AA then maybe but that'd be OP...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's possible, but it will look odd... Use the Generals engine for multiple infantry in structures logic #Tongue

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Simply put, no. It appears the engine disallows this... Sad If all weapons were AA then maybe but that'd be OP...

Yes you wouldl have to make them all AA=yes but its actually quite simple to balance.

The default YR figures are insane anyone as it always favours infantry in garrisons.

From my own mod experience around 50% rof, increase UC range and half damage (a lot less for MG weapons is good) will make AA more balanced.

Besides in real life you see troopers firing AK into the air, it would glance armour at best and thus a occupy wh would be reflect in vastly reduced armour vs

of course this affects ground units but a MG raping a rhino is quite frankly stupid

Basically I would seriously consider it, along with a complete WH overhaul.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you use an automatic weapon for aa just take the piff animation off it looks less odd

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The piff in the air would just be sparks or bullets deflecting etc. Doesn't really seem odd and then you know your bullets are actually hitting.

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the piff animation would look like its on the floor that why i said it would look odd

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm, YR-esque Gattling pink ponk piang smack whack thack trails shooting at jets, anyone?

In other words, no structures with AA. That'll be ridiculously OP and it makes turtling/camping even easier, where RA2:MV is focused mainly on Mobilization, I presume.

And some what I know, the Allies and Soviets will have missile-based and shell-based artillery pieces. As Albrecht as already stated, the Katyusha, the Soviet Missile/Rocket artillery piece, and the Allied shell-based artillery piece, in the Allied subforum.

This will make sure camping with civillian structures do not become too critical and deny the enemy the ability to attack, leading to a stalemate. Well, try and camp on maps with water, etc.

We...have naval ships. #Tongue

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I suggested a way to balance it which actually works because I coded it and tested it online.

Gattling cannon rapes because its warhead does some insane damage vs light armour.

Its just moronic that only a unit with AA capabilities can't fire in building if you have a AG only unit inside.

Also like you said use artillery or bombers to clear out occupied buildings.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it's also possible to use anti-armor bullets (shot through 1m of rail steel). Confused Balance is balance... Great thing against camping are quick rushes of arties or assault helicopters.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

infantry rifles now bounce off of tank armour like they were rubber... Seriusly, if you want to take out armour use an AT weapon or take out a bridge... 100 riflemen Vs 1 tank? No rifles, 2/3 rocket guys vs 1 tank? depending on the tank you're left with 1 or 2 injured rocket guys.

Seriously, use the right friggin weapon for the right friggin job. I'll add a pissy AA capability for rifle blokes in buildings to simulate the factor that they take pot-shots from windows, I don't know how I'm going to get around this with flamers and tesla troops though...

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

flamer - inaccurate flame ball

tesla - low powered shot, if rocket men are allies only you can make it AA, its not that far fetched.

but your pot shot idea is basically what i was suggesting

of course if inf are running towards a building with 100 rifle men, they is screwed but a tank no problem, perhaps like half vs armour when garrisoned.

infantry benefits from rof and range though. (since UC range is globally fixed) when garrisoned

infantry out in the open does more damage due to direct confrontation but is more vunerable and so forth e.g. like ww2 sticky bomb inf so u simulate "heroics" lame but kinda cool.

that way using inf is more viable

also increasing inf speed and generally lowering inf vs values i.e. none, flak, plate makes inf so much more useful.

i look to COH for some of my balance ideas e.g. cellspread weapons don't instantly rape all inf same with tank fire but close combat, flamers, mg weapons will

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I spammed some grunts for fun, an MBT come along and...

*Gunfire sounds, radio crackles* COMMANDER! There's 5- (explosion) 49 of us left! Our bullets are *radio static*

Meh, it pretty much killed off all the grunts, with it's hp not even down to half. They're made for Anti-Infantry, those guys. When I brought along 6 AT Troopers, the MBT died like pie.

Inaccurate flame ball? Err...RA1-ish, yea. It's speed mustn't be too fast, though.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
QUICK_EDIT

tesla - low powered shot, if rocket men are allies only you can make it AA, its not that far fetched.

of course if inf are running towards a building with 100 rifle men, they is screwed but a tank no problem, perhaps like half vs armour when garrisoned.

infantry benefits from rof and range though. (since UC range is globally fixed) when garrisoned

infantry out in the open does more damage due to direct confrontation but is more vunerable and so forth e.g. like ww2 sticky bomb inf so u simulate "heroics" lame but kinda cool.

also increasing inf speed and generally lowering inf vs values i.e. none, flak, plate makes inf so much more useful.

i look to COH for some of my balance ideas e.g. cellspread weapons don't instantly rape all inf same with tank fire but close combat, flamers, mg weapons will

Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile) close

Yeah, all allied inf self-heal as rookies, soviet inf self-heal as veterans but they're cheaper and have a lower points value.

I was thinking of giving rifle grunts grenades, when RP2 comes out if it gives you the option to choose weapons by range rather than verses that'd be really useful. The soviets have an "RPG trooper" ATM, I'm thinking of giving him unguided rockets to make him individual, it'd be useless against fast moving units but when coupled with a shock trooper or two and some conscripts it'd be a useful strategy. (ROT=1 Accelerates=40+ and ranged=yes if that still does anything)

The allies will get two-man weapons teams. An MG team and an ATGM team that will deploy like the GI, on foot they have a rifle, when deployed they have either a Heavy MG or an ATGM launcher, I suppose it's possible to fire those from buildings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon