Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unit Customization in progress, Please Standby Commander ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject:  Unit Customization in progress, Please Standby Commander ... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unit Customization has commenced, however I'm kinda stumped on a few of the units. I'm not quite sure what a few of the units should have, as in like special abilities, weapons, appearance, i.e. the Grave Digger, I wasn't sure what to make it look like, basically its the Rischu's artillery. It has the ability to fire without having to deploy. Idea's?

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well if it can fire without deploying I'd say give it a lesser range than the Nod Artillery as the Rischu version should (in theory if used right) be able to move between firing positions more easily. Also if you're calling it the grave digger maybe give it an attack which will dig a crater (or grave if you will) in the ground (I think the Nod version already does but you can alter that easily enough)

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well see it will also be able to deploy, but un-deployed has a much less firepower amount than when deployed so, that would kinda counter-balance it. i thought of giving it not such great armor, or maybe less strength

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

makes sense, so long as ppl have a reason to use both modes (undeployed - enhanced mobility deployed - enhanced strength) so yeah I think you've about got the balancing done. I still think the cratering aspect of my ideas was pretty cool though, what do you think?

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah thats most definite OOAK, i mean whats the point of the name if there's nothing to back it up right? that thing is going to leave mamoth craters wherever it hits. speaking of digging craters, GDI and Nod(not sure if Rischu will) have trench diggers. the units will have special graphics where they carry shovels, and they can dig, but what would be really funny is if they tried to attack another unit it looks like its digging! but GDI will have Inmates(prisoners), and Nod will have Trench diggers. Explanation for the difference, in the USA(not sure about elsewhere) prisoners work for the state, and sometimes they have to dig a trench. now Nod doesn't keep prisoners so special units "in the art" of diggin will be made. sound good, no?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it does, I personally would have thought Nod would have the Inmates as well but you've explained it well so there's no reason to change it, all in all a gj I think

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda thought that Nod didn't keep prisoners, considering their idea's, you know how the bad guy normally is, "keep no prisoners" i was basically going on that, but it can be changed

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I don't know, Yuri does use slaves in Yuri's Revenge after all. If Nod did keep prisoners it would be for experimentation or enslavement but its up to you at the end of the day. Personally I say give Nod the Inmates and give GDI the trench diggers

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that sounds better than before. lets see here, theres other units like the Lexon Power Bike, i'm not quite sure how to deal with that one, if i should cut it out and replace it or leave it alone. what?

Delta Xvii
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of A Kind wrote:
well I don't know, Yuri does use slaves in Yuri's Revenge after all. If Nod did keep prisoners it would be for experimentation or enslavement but its up to you at the end of the day. Personally I say give Nod the Inmates and give GDI the trench diggers

Speaking of which, why not give the Rifle Infantry the ability to dig as there deploy ability or something. or let Nod do that and give GDI like a back-hoe type vehicle or something. Just some ideas to throw out in the field.

"I don't fight for glory, I fight because I think the cause is right and I am capable"

"I fight, even though I may not win I continue to fight. If I don't fight then who will?"

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a TS mod dude, Infantry can't deploy in TS. Welcome to PPM forums, Delta. a back-hoe, I've never really seen one of those before I don't think. That would be interesting though. Maybe as a civilian piece, which TS is major need more of. There might be a little suprise for you in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon