Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command Line Mix Editor
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nathancnc
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject:  Command Line Mix Editor
Subject description: to add & delete & extract files from cnc mixes
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So basicly, I need a dos program that can add, delete, and extract files from .mix file archives. Either that or something that can be programmed to do a list of mix file extracting and rebuilding.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DOS program, command line program. XCC Mixer and XCC Mix Editor are NOT a command line program.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Need" is a strong word... XCC has a command line mix tool, but it is bugged.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What game are you working with?

If its only for Redalert1 and C&C1 I suggest you use RA-MIXer 5.13 (Its a great MS-DOS based Mix file editor but supports only the old type of mix files like the ones in C&C1/Redalert1 and not TiberianSun/Redalert2 or newer), It can view the most important filetypes in C&C1/Redalert1 like SHP(old format type), WSA and text files and some other filetypes used by C&C1/RA1 and can do the things you mentioned (still only for C&C1/RA1 mix files).

I can upload it if you cant find it.

(BTW RA-Mixer 5.13 OR3 also includes several conversion tools like WAV2AUD and SHP2PCX and TMP2PCX and other ones and a NOCD program for Redalert1 called RA-HD or RA-Starter that I use when I want to play Redalert1 from the harddrive)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Djohe... the slightly older Mix Manager has a 100% functional command line mix editor (MMLITE.EXE), which can create mixfiles and replace, add, delete and extract files.

And RAMix, which has no such thing, can also only read C&C1 mixfiles anyway. It may be able to show the contents of RA1 mix files, but I noticed a long time ago that it can't actually read them; it just has file indexes for them stored in itself. Which, for main.mix, are quite buggy I might add... it doesn't even show the files inside it as being in separate mixfiles.

I know he's working on a TFD patch, so my guess would be something that can completely fix RA1's main.mix file to include all files correctly. I did that once with XCC, and the result is 815 mb... compare to the buggy, incomplete original thats 1.3 GB, plus about 600 mb of extracted videos after patch 1.02, and you see that a cleanup of this could be useful.

So yes, a mix editing tool that supports TD, RA1 and TS/RA2 mix, and which has the same functionality as the old MMLite would be great...

DCoder wrote:
"Need" is a strong word... XCC has a command line mix tool, but it is bugged.

haven't found any bugs in it, but as far as I know all it can do is extract files... not edit or even compact the mix archives themselves.
(Simply compacting the TFD RA1 main.mix already reduces it from 1.3 GB to 880 mb)

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I act stupid and ask why it has to be a DOS program?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For several reasons:

- You can run exactly the features of the program that you want inside your own program, without needing asking the user to go through the interface of the other program.
- You can put the output in a text file and manipulate it with your program.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum