Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unit Create/Reinforcement Loop
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject:  Unit Create/Reinforcement Loop
Subject description: Destroyed Condition Help
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I created a map that has a trigger set that creates a TRUCKA at a waypoint, sends it through its waypoint loop, and then, once it leaves, using the locals, the trigger creates another truck.

That's all fine and dandy and it works, but I need to create a trigger that ensures that if it is destroyed, a new truck takes its place.

I tried to make a new trigger and attach the trigger that is responsible for making the truck to it, but it crashes the game. What is the appropriate method of ensuring that the truck will spawn again if it is destroyed?

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a bit unclear to me, you should really upload the map or private message me the map, it's easier to see the problem that way.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I will try to reword my question.

I created a trigger that does this:

Creates a Civilian Vehicle at a specified waypoint. (for reference, we will use x1, x2, x3...etc. when discussing waypoints.) Once the unit is created, a special local variable is set, and the civilian vehicle is scripted to move along a series of waypoints until it gets to a specific waypoint, where the local variable that was previously set is cleared, which in turn reactivates the reinforcement trigger and starts the process all over again.

Got that?

Well, it works perfectly. The problem I am having is that the trigger only reinforces the civilian vehicle at the waypoint when the local variable controlling it is cleared. If this vehicle is destoryed, thus being prevented from going to the waypoint to clear the local variable, the trigger will not fire again because the local variable will remain set.

Got that?

Is there anything that I can do to ensure that the trigger will always fire, even if the civilian vehicle is destroyed?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Send me the map and I'll do it for you.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the offer, but I want to know how to do it myself. I'll create a basic map with my trigger, and then you add your stuff in?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I'll do is I'll set it up for you and I'll explain to you how it is done correctly that way you know how to do it yourself for future reference.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry about my late reply. I looked into what you was trying to do and Unfortunately it is not possible to have one unit replace another if its destroyed unless the one unit is already on the map as you have to attach a trigger to the specific unit in order to get it to work, so if you have A Truck off the map and have a way point command to have it move around etc. then yeah, It'll be on the map but you don't see it until the Trigger has fired. Then you have to make another trigger for when the Truck is destroyed which enables another trigger to create a new truck (this one doesn't have to be on the screen). Simple really.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or you can just set the create truck trigger on a timer. Simple really Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't attach a trigger to a unit if that unit doesn't exist on the map without causing problems as far as I know.

Last edited by Aro on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
You can't attach a trigger to a unit if that unit doesn't exist on the map...

Aro...I can't believe that you miss this...

You can attach Trigger on reinforcement unit by set that trigger on Tag in team type

This is my trigger that attach to engineer unit that come by reinforcement

After Engineer that reinforcement come if any of them be killed(not capture enemy building). Game will say "Critical Unit Lose" and then activate lose trigger.

Test in game.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never used that tag selection in Team Types before, Its been known to cause errors in multiplayer maps. Confused Though good thinking...

Last edited by Aro on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

deathrider1991
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always used the team attached to the tag thing, and it was always fun because when i had teams come in off the map just once, it wold some how repeat, so if I had a drop ship come in at 1 second after the game started...every second the same dropship would come with the same type of units...very fun..

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, that happened to me too. xD

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon