Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to make a good looking blended texture (**)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:  How to make a good looking blended texture (**) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For terrain-makers, a normal difficulty is when making new textures, you need the cells to blend with eachother, that can be a pain in the ass, but not if you follow my tutorial. Smile

1. Start off by simply making your texture. I'll use water as my thing to use.
Note: Make your canvass so its easy to split up in 4 pieces.
I'm using 200 x 200 in this example.

2. Now you split your image in 4 pieces like this. Split every corner of the image, make sure they're all the same size.

3. Move the corners to their opposite section. Like the upper right corner goes to the lower left corner.

4. Connect the pieces again so they now are 200 x 200 again. It will look somehting like this:

5. Now you need photoshop. Use the healing brush to blend the "cross" between the pieces. Now it will look something like this:

6. Now if you have done things properly, the texture will blend with itself just fine.

What you do with your texture now is not my bussines, so the tut ends here, hope you find it useful.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Textures #Graphics #Renegade #Generals #ZeroHour #TiberiumWars #KanesWrath #RedAlert3 #RedAlert3Uprising #Fallout3 #Photoshop 

Last edited by Sleepwalker on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's a very good tutorial, sleepwalker. Good work!

Nod warrior
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, indeed it is...pwnage!! #Tongue

tobiasboon46
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the BIG bump but what about GIMP?

Err...the image above means no offence to the american people...It's a bit of what I feel about it's gov't >_>

Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed the images for anyone who cares Razz

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't there an offset image command in Photoshop that makes life so much easier? I don't have PS in front of me but I think it's something like Filter > Other > Offset. The rest is applicable, though.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice..wow those images are trippy..they pulsate and wiggle..@__@'

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, we must talk about this Sleeper #Tongue

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tis a nice tutorial, I used to do this a while ago for decent tiles back in the 90's. Going the extra step into isometric tiles would be fun too.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!