Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Updates!
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject:  Updates!
Subject description: go on, everyone likes updates
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 voxels, you've seen 1 before and 2 are replacements. The final one is a tactical bomber, more info will follow later today when I have free time.

new MBT.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.13 KB
 Viewed:  11962 Time(s)

new MBT.PNG

new ltnk.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.49 KB

new ltnk.PNG

Tactical Bomber.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.1 KB

Tactical Bomber.PNG

APC HVA.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.95 KB

APC HVA.PNG

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, nice units. And excuzi for the lack of AI updates. I've been busy with other things Wink

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry. Any non-staff comments or are you all in school/work/college? I know I am #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I told you before, my school has finished 2 weeks ago #Tongue
I was a bit fed up with that stupid IE, and I discovered how fun mapping for Doom2 and playing the original Half-Life is #Tongue I do have a new Allied AI for you to test. Check the staff forum in a few minutes Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please refrain from using MadHQ's terrain. As good as it is, you don't need to use it and a LOT of other mods are using it as well, it just makes yours a lot less unique.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, Aro makes a good point. Then we can also use TX. It's up to you though Albrecht...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Please refrain from using MadHQ's terrain. As good as it is, you don't need to use it and a LOT of other mods are using it as well, it just makes yours a lot less unique.

Point some out. #Tongue

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So refrain from using a good terrain set and stick with shitty RA2 terrain? Hmm, makes ALOT of sense.

Nice updates, however some things bug me about your Medium Tank/Main Battle Tank

-Turret is sorta empty of color/detail, especially on the top. Perhaps add smoke grenade launchers and a .50cal?
-The wheels are incredibly underdetailed, with wheels that size you could add much detail to them.

Good work, still.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
-Turret is sorta empty of color/detail, especially on the top. Perhaps add smoke grenade launchers and a .50cal?
-The wheels are incredibly underdetailed, with wheels that size you could add much detail to them.

Both cupolas have an MG on them, but just for you I'll move one to on top.

Smoke grenade launchers? I'll try

And yes I'll put wheel detail on.

And finally. Thanks Very Happy.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So refrain from using a good terrain set and stick with shitty RA2 terrain? Hmm, makes ALOT of sense.

Thats not the point I'm tring to make. What I'm saying is that Instead of using public assets (Which I personally HATE doing) why not just make some new terrain yourself? Its a lot more unique than using something a couple of other mods are using as well.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
why not just make some new terrain yourself?

I have no skill, no software and no graphical artist/s.
How in the hell am I meant to do that? That's good for TI whaen you have 2 or 3 GREAT people working on it (Darkrose, Joshy, and some random help from LKO etc), but my staff consists of me dutchy and destiny. Dutchy is good with AI and I can voxel and code. Apart from that the only skills any of us have is ideas...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two Suggestions :

Hire or
Learn

Terrain is one of the easiest things to teach yourself, but requires practice and patience, any decent terrain artist will tell you that.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tried Hire and I'll try again. And patience is not my strongpoint, but I'll try that too... Argh, goodbye summer.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's discuss this on MSN Albrecht...
EDIT: Albrecht and I have agreed that we should try and create our own new terrain. And because Albrecht hasn't got free time (yet), I'll give it a try Wink
In other words: unit promoted! #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apparently due to my monitor having died on me after 7 years...this old one prevents me from doing mod work properly...DARN I say!

Unit lost. (I'm still playing with the locomotors, but I wonder if pd could combine the V3 locomotor with the aircraft one...tilt up and launch, but still controllable.)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After some testing by Albrecht, it seems the IE that keeps me from playing the mod is caused by my own AI Confused I had a fixed version, but Albrecht was unable to test it yesterday because of other things. Hopefully he has some time today or tomorrow Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I'll just Run msnmsgr.exe and hope it works...

not.

*cough*Tankrushdone?*cough*

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tankrushes are already done, but now I'll try to see what is causing the AI to go IE on your ass #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gimme except? #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh sure...
And because this is the Updates topic, I would like to say that the staff should take a look in the Staff forum for my try at creating new terrain Wink
If it's good enough, there will follow a public topic though...

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  25.38 KB
 Downloaded:  193 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon