Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
[3.36] Program may save corrupted SHP (TD) files.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject:  [3.36] Program may save corrupted SHP (TD) files.
Subject description: An important fix is available.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some weird reasons, Delphi misdetected the size of the header of the file, causing SHP (TD) files to be corrupted when saving.

This issue affects 3.36 and possibly 3.35. Today I've released a new revision that should sort it. So far, all SHP (TD) files were saved correctly and read by XCC Mixer, after this fix. No tests were done with the game itself.

Download the fix here and replace your SHPBuilder.exe with it:
http://svn.ppmsite.com/filedetails.php?repname=OS%20SHP%20Builder&path=%2FOS+SHP+Builder+3.3x%2FSHP_Builder.exe&rev=0&sc=0

(This executable is the OS SHP Builder 3.37 Beta 02)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are 2 current issues i would like resolved...
1 - The correct palette of a shp file isnt always displayed, and has to be changed. I wish SHP Building could automatically detect the palette that the image uses. (XCC mixer can do this, but even that program doesnt always show the right one.)
2 - SHP Building will not run on my Windows Vista without running it under "Run as administrator" option. If i run it normally, i get "I/O error 1784" when trying to exit...and it will not exit unless i force it to exit with the task manager...and right now my task manager is disabled...so this is a major issue. I mean if this issue is a windows issue rather than a shp builder issue...let me know...but none of the other programs on my computer need to be ran under that mode, except an app from XCC.
There are other several "access violations" i get from time to time...these are the ones i know of at the moment...
1. At address 0050E4F2/ read of address 00000414
(i get this when running it without admin mode)
2. Address 0052F26C/ read of 00000000
(forgot the cause of this one)
3. Address 0050AC04/ read of BAB3BCB8
(this one pops up with the unittem.pal?)
I think i loaded an image that was TD temp palette
and shp builder had it defaulted with unittem.pal or something..i cant remember.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A more elaborate explanation of other issues....
I downloaded the latest version 3.37 beta 2 and these issues still occur
1. I loaded the PROC.SHP file from C&C Temperate Mix file and used to resize canvas tool, stretched the canvas a few notches, and saved it.
Upon loading the saved file, i get this "SHP Builder is unable to open this file"
2. I get this same issue when loading the majority of the SNO.SHP files from Red Alert. Very few will load, the rest won't.
3. Most of the time once i save a cameo that i like....SHP Builder will not load it properly. It shows up distorted and switching to the correct palette does not improve it. Doesn't make any sense.
4. Most of the time any shp file i save, either created or edited from one that already exists....won't load at all.
So you can see where this basically makes this program almost useless for me, cuz everything i wanna use it for, it does not work.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please, use one topic per bug. Otherwise, people will report the same bug in different topics and that's very annoying.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Correct Palette: XCC doesn't load the correct palette all the time either.

@Vista: My windows vista has no error when it closes OS SHP Builder (and I'm not running the program as administrator). The bug you get only happens when you load a corrupted file. That really mess up the internal structure of the program on any operational system.

@Corrupted Files: There is probably a bug on the offset determined by the program when saving the files that may cause these issues. I'm studying it and trying to figure out what's going on. The main issue happens with files with multiples frames, but I might be wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum