Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Starcraft 2 units redesigned
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:  Starcraft 2 units redesigned
Subject description: and some retextured
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Machine on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

8BallPocket
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who cares? It's starcraft.

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who cares? About 4,000,000 South Koreans and a near equal (if not more) number of everywhere else.

People have waited OVER TEN DAMN YEARS for a sequel to the greatest RTS of all time!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't they get RA1? You know what I mean.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dawn of War 2 pwns SC 2, although I WILL have both... as well as a better computer...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

8BallPocket
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SomeGuy[YR:SF] wrote:
Who cares? About 4,000,000 South Koreans and a near equal (if not more) number of everywhere else.

People have waited OVER TEN DAMN YEARS for a sequel to the greatest RTS of all time!

It's so definitely not the greatest RTS of all time. It kind of sucked in my opinion.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you, sir, are and idiot. :]

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

StarCraft is a fine game, and a different game than C&C.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was an Ok game in my opinon. It's content was probably what sold it to many people (the terran look like an exact rip-off of Warhammer 40,000). The game does have some orginality, but alot of it's mechanics aren't very good. Tiberium Sun is better under the hood if you know what I mean.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
Tiberium Sun is better under the hood if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, and if TS is anything like RA2:YR under the hood (which we all know it is), then you are completely wrong. The engine Westwood put together is so...soooo horrible you wouldn't believe some of the retardation that went on..,
In all the days I've played Starcraft or any Blizzard game for that matter, I can't recall seeing any of them crash...ever.

Playing normal games of TS fully patched, you can still IE the game. Lovely isn't it?

Not saying Starcraft is good here, just debunking DaFool's foolish statement.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starcraft was a good game for it's time, it was one of my favorites, just like TS.
I'll agree that SC looks derivated from Warhammer 40k. However, for all the WH40K fanboys, WH40K is probably the most unoriginal work in existence (an exageration), it stole from several fiction woks, and just added some skulls and an overall grim and dark feel to them.
The IG comes directly from starship troopers, tyranids are ripoff of aliens (with some starship troopers bugs).
The point is nothing is new under the sun, everything (almost) was made before somewhere else, so the one looking for similarities finds them.

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
DaFool wrote:
Tiberium Sun is better under the hood if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, and if TS is anything like RA2:YR under the hood (which we all know it is), then you are completely wrong. The engine Westwood put together is so...soooo horrible you wouldn't believe some of the retardation that went on..,
In all the days I've played Starcraft or any Blizzard game for that matter, I can't recall seeing any of them crash...ever.

Playing normal games of TS fully patched, you can still IE the game. Lovely isn't it?

Not saying Starcraft is good here, just debunking DaFool's foolish statement.

Ive had Starcraft crash on me before. Doesn't happen anywhere near as often as say TS or RA2 but it does happen. Granted the last time that happened to me, it was on my old Win98 machine.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Starcraft was a good game for it's time, it was one of my favorites, just like TS.
I'll agree that SC looks derivated from Warhammer 40k. However, for all the WH40K fanboys, WH40K is probably the most unoriginal work in existence (an exageration), it stole from several fiction woks, and just added some skulls and an overall grim and dark feel to them.
The IG comes directly from starship troopers, tyranids are ripoff of aliens (with some starship troopers bugs).
The point is nothing is new under the sun, everything (almost) was made before somewhere else, so the one looking for similarities finds them.
Except warhammer didnt copy all the faggotry.

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warhammer is severely overrated. It basically steals from everything in the sci-fi and fantasy genres.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warhammer is severely overrated. It basically steals from everything in the sci-fi and fantasy genres.

exactly, and it leaves out all the gayness surrounding said sci-fi and fantasy.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to love StarCraft.

Until I played a certain game with dynamic weather, triggered events THAT ARE ACTUALLY INTERESTING, real cities and civilians and hostile critters.

Guess what game that was.
SC might be a good balanced game, but I shit on good balanced games. I want fun, not a cybersport.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:41 am

Please, next time check the last post date before posting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum