Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Full unit list
Moderators: Rise of Omnius Staff, Machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject:  Full unit list Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT:
Deleted the original post content, not only because it was completely obsolete, but because most of that was lost.
New unit list is based on the planned progression for RoO's original single player campaign with some small additions.

Names in cursive are not necessarily final, but are unlikely to change
Subfaction names are not decided yet.

Subfaction A is based on flame/chemical weapons and missiles.
Subfaction B is based on stealth units and lasers.
Subfaction C is composed of cyborgs.

Units are basically described by their main role/quality, many of them might have secondary roles that will be posted with the unit in their respective section.
As an example Wraiths might function as sensor arrays (Detectors) when deployed.

Last edited by Machine on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why succub is aircraft?

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why not ? There was banshee as an airacraft in TS.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the golem could take the place of the repair vehichle couldnt it?

And since the Titan now deploys, perhaps we could switch the roles counterparts Titan and tick tank;
The titan deploys and the nod counterpart is a non-deploying bruiser like the original Titan...
Perhaps this could be the Team Black tank...

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Team Black:
I needed both MBV (main battle vehicles) to be able to deploy, is some sort of hack I had to do, I needed a clone of both starting units. You'll see why in the internal pre-alpha Laughing
Yes, the golem is an advanced repair unit, remember that in RO Laughing the basic repair vehicles are at "warfactory" tech level, though they're fast and way less powerful at repairing, on the other side, golems are high tech level units, very slow, good at repairing, good defense, and self defense abilities; which makes them costly units.

@gufu:
We're trying to follow the naming patterns on TS, like an example all our big mechs have names of mythological beings/creatures; the brotherhood units follow a similar pattern, by an example stealthed units have ghost related names, though the black hand hasn't.
Finally, following a TS naming pattern, the brotherhood aircrafts, the harpy and the banshee have a feminine flying creature naming, so succubus being a demoness which most popular representation are attractive females with wings, fits somewhat; but you should have in mind that succubus is not a finished name, and might change to other that has the same characteristics.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more for the checklist! Nod chem bomber is complete Very Happy
( @ Machine I'll send it to u via msn)

cbomber 2nd.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  257.04 KB
 Viewed:  12865 Time(s)

cbomber 2nd.PNG

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah, Beautiful, Team Black... Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks ARO Smile

Oh yea, with planes,
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS USE PitchAngle=0 !!!!!!
It annoys me to see planes flying nose down like helicopters #Mad #Mad

thanks again

pitchangle=0.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.74 KB
 Viewed:  12837 Time(s)

pitchangle=0.PNG

The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That aircraft is a chemical bomber? It's an ok looking unit but I think it looks a bit too small for a bomber and if anything more like some kind of fighter with thick wings. I would suggest making the unit look heavier and slightly larger, maybe more visable or larger engines to give it a more bomber type look, other than that its ok, just needs a bit of tweaking for it to look like what its meant to do.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks a bit like the basic fighters from TA.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea I have a really bad habit of making voxels too small;
harv told me to keep it as it was, so if it's too small we'll blame him #Tongue

I think I'll rework it though and make it bigger yeah

The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Team Black:
Sorry for making this post late, but I've been a little busy lately.
Make it a little more Banshee like, since it looks too low tech. Remember that I said to give it rounded protection shields over the wings, or something like that. And it's also a little too small.

If you want, I can make a sketch for you #Tongue

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i' sorry to bump this topic, but do you also have a buildings list?

also, will there be mobile barracks/hands of nod??

and that aircraft looks good but it should idd be bigger

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes we have, though I don't see the need to post it, as most of the buildings will stay the same (hopefully with new graphics), We have planned mobile barracks for both GDI and Nod, though once they deploy they transform into a normal undeployable barracks, the same thing goes for mobile vehicles production facilities.

Also, that aircraft is no longer the succubus, it is just a part of Nod's navy Wink

Finally don't worry about bumping topics like this one (any unit list) Very Happy

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update!!!; as the lists were old, and outdated.
The update reflects the current changes to the build of Rise of Omnius, and also added 2 extra color states, to indicate, in a more accurate way, the current state of most units.

Probably expanding them tomorrow to include more information, like navy and a building list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon