Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Terrain
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [65 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you may see, I've finished the ramps too now. Only things remaining are water cliffs, shores, dirtroads and some minor editing of some other tiles (Highway road corner IE)...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweeeeet, I'm surprised more people don't watch this mod when we churn out this kinda stuff (or better) every week or two.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it from Sudden strike? Looks nice btw.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. no Sudden Strike assets here, only in my mind and installed on my PC. Dutchy does all this himself, isn't he clever? If I ever get good enough at triggers there may be some sudden strike style missions (no base only reinforcements).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lemme handle those triggers mate #Tongue
@ Navy SEAL: nope, did them all by myself. No c/p from other games for me sir #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

different to any Sudden strike game anyways, in 1 they were pink, in 2 they were grey/green and in 3 they're textures on stretched ground Embarassed.
I know all the shampes of those cliffs anyways, I used to map for suddenstrike, I much prefer it's trigger system to RA2's but they're designed for different things.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Southeast and Northeast cliffs are kinda too dark #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, then they should be too dark in the original game too, because I added the same Saturation and Lighting changes to all cliffs #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As it seems that ppl are more interested in pics then text, I have 2 pics for you #Tongue One shows you the cliffs, and another one shows a small change: roads have the correct grass now. It seems my new PC has some internet problems, so I won't be online much (on my old pc now, which doesn't have all the stuff I need)...

Also, the last pic is a WiP map for MV... More info soon in the map topic Wink

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice stuff, but some issues-

-The seams on the ramps are very noticable
-Tiling issues for the ramp pointing to the south-east
-Roads stand out too much for the terrain (probably placeholder so disregard)
-Seams on the sloping terrain

The sloping terrain is a mixed bag, because some pieces were done rather well, but in some places the seams are very sharp and visible.

(adds terrain to the "to-do list")

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I like your terrain, it's got detail!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
nice stuff, but some issues-

-The seams on the ramps are very noticable
-Tiling issues for the ramp pointing to the south-east
-Roads stand out too much for the terrain (probably placeholder so disregard)
-Seams on the sloping terrain

The sloping terrain is a mixed bag, because some pieces were done rather well, but in some places the seams are very sharp and visible.

(adds terrain to the "to-do list")

-Yeah, that's something I still must work on... I'll leave it so for now, untill I have finished the rest of the Temperate terrain.
-Tiling issues may be because I made it in FA2, in which the terrain is always repetive.
-The plan was to keep the paved roads as they where, because they look good. Maybe something to discuss with Albrecht though...
-See 1 and 2. It may be changed if it looks the same ingame.
Thanks for the feedback though Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. That first screenshot (Out of the 2) looks very nice...

The slopes look fine too IMO. Its better than having unnoticable versions.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was a problem with one facing in the last version of them, the ones facing up/down relative to the screen (e.g the ones that go in ^ that direction) were next to invisible so you had floating tanks and a weird looking slope set, it does look better than that ingame though.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks pretty interesting, one thing however is you gotta make the grass blend with the tops of the cliffs blend way better. As well, the concrete is a little odd, looks like you recolored the grass. Maybe tone down the grain a bit and add the odd piece of gravel into the fray.

And what is that right below the silos in picture 2, a tent or is that a roof? Actually never mind, I never really cared much for the rubble of buildings I can't garrison any how XD.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon