Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Preferred target
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
matayasu
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject:  Preferred target
Subject description: of a superweapon *still unsolved*
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The title says it all: How to set the preferred target of a superweapon? I know, there's the Action called "35 Preferred Target..." and then there's the action parameter. But you have to enter a number there, and I really don't know which number means which target... I checked some existing maps (I think they were all07t.map and all09t.map) but that didn't really help me.
I was wondering if someone has already made a list or something (I searched, but couldn't find any), and if not, does anyone know which number in the action parameter is the War Factory?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by matayasu on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The argument is the same enumeration as for the AI(md).ini Script Action 0,x - Attack Target Type .

Alternatively you can use Action 135 - Set Preferred Target Cell, which takes a waypoint index as an argument. It makes the AI fire all offensive superweapons at that waypoint until you Clear Preferred Target Cell with Action 136.

matayasu
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DCoder wrote:
The argument is the same enumeration as for the AI(md).ini Script Action 0,x - Attack Target Type .

OK that helps, thanks a lot! I don't have Action 135 'cause I have Final Alert without the YR expansion, but this'll work fine!

EDIT: This is weird... the enemy targets the Soviet naval yard every time he fires the nuclear missile. And if the player hasn't built the naval yard yet, the missile just doesn't fire! No matter which parameter value I use, it always does this. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT 2: No one?

matayasu
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: *bump* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sorry I'm bumping but I just really wanna know how to do this.

Here is the problem again: In this level I have an enemy nuclear missile. The time the missile takes to charge I've changed to 12 minutes, and 10 seconds before the missile launches, so Elapsed Time = 710, I set the preferred target for the enemy house to 6, which should mean Factories. But when the missile is ready and I have built a Naval Yard, it targets the Naval Yard, and when I haven't built a Naval Yard, the missile doesn't fire at all! I thought at first that the Yard was the target because it was also a factory, but when I didn't have a Yard but I did have a War Factory, the missile did nothing. It should though, 'cause in the rules.ini both the War Factory and the Naval Yard are WeaponsFactory=yes. I tried to set WeaponsFactory=no in the Naval Yard entry, but the same problem occurred.

Is is the timing of the preferred target Action? Or is it the fact that there is a lot of water in my map so the AI only targets naval structures?
What the hell could the problem be? I'm kinda stuck now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon