Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Campaign voices
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject:  Campaign voices Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small but very, very handy tutorial:
If you have played the Nod FS missions, you may notice that in the last few missions you hear EVA instead of CABAL. As I wanted to use this too for a map of mine, and I couldn't find anything, I asked Hyper to help me out.
Seems there is a tag called 'SpeechSide=' which decides which voice you hear as the player. SpeechSide=GDI gives you EVA, while SpeechSide=Nod (didn't test that yet) will give you CABAL.
Add this tag under [Basic], save, and fire up the game.

Credits to Hyper for telling me this Wink

Key Words: #Tutorials #Mapping #TiberianSun #Firestorm #FinalSun 

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I never really assumed anything under [BASIC] would have anything to do with the in-game voices. I can't believe I never knew this to be honest with you.

temp.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.69 KB
 Viewed:  6267 Time(s)

temp.JPG

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idiots #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are lucky to have Hyper to remind us that we are idiots. Smile

If I created another set of sound files for another EVA like voice, gave it another name, and used the new name-tag in the [BASIC] section; would it be used ingame, or is it hard coded to use only CABAL or EVA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon