Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Evacuating citizens
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
matayasu
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject:  Evacuating citizens
Subject description: How?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm making a map in which the first objective is to reach a civilian array so that the citizens there can be evacuated. I'm not really sure how to do that though. I created a team for each civilian, and when the map starts, I have five 'reinforcements', one for every civilian, so the civilians all take their place. Then, when the GDI team reaches the array, there's an Orca Transport coming, and I want the civilians to enter it immediately after it lands. Now I created a script in which I tell the civilians to Load onto Transport, but that doesn't work. Then I tried to keep that as the first action, and the second action is Jump to line #, so it keeps looping, but that doesn't work either...

Can anyone tell me how to do this? It's probably not that difficult, but I'm kinda stuck now...
Thanks in advance.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Need to change side to same as transport and create a team that has the transport and all the civilians in it and then script it to load onto transport.

matayasu
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
Need to change side to same as transport and create a team that has the transport and all the civilians in it and then script it to load onto transport.

That makes sense, but you can't seperate team members, right?
So how do I make the transport move while the civilians are somewhere else (near the civilian array)? 'cause the transport is only triggered when a couple of units approach the waypoint, but the civilians are there from the beginning of the mission...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

usually I just look at existing TS maps with this feature and copy the trigger, if you can't figure it out yourself.
(mission 2 in GDI TS would be good, for example)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

matayasu
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
usually I just look at existing TS maps with this feature and copy the trigger, if you can't figure it out yourself.
(mission 2 in GDI TS would be good, for example)

Yeah you're right. I'll try that first before asking a question next time.
I think I can figure this out... thanks.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey no prob dude, that's how I learned triggers

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

deathrider1991
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you get the campain maps, I cant find them.

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There in the Game CDs Smile
GDI missions on GDI disk
Nod missions on Nod disk
and FS missions on FS disk

Use XCC Mixer

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon