Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Sinkhole WIP [On Hold]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject:  Sinkhole WIP [On Hold]
Subject description: A Remake By Shakar
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[EDIT]
[MAP IS PLACED ON HOLD]
Recently, a virus hit my laptop (Where all of my Tiberian Sun stuff is stored, and I am now unable to boot it up. I'm working on getting it fixed, but until then, the map is on hold... HOPEFULLY once I do get it working again, I will still have the map, so until I get it back up, enjoy the demo.
[EDIT END]

Hello people, the Shakster is at it again with mapping... I decided to make a map you can find on Red Alert 2... Sinkhole. At least I think that's the map's name. Anywho, my map is a WIP, and I will try to get it as closely as possible, since in a way it is a total conversion of the RA2 map, from scratch and using the actual map as a reference. It's looking good so far, in my opinion, and I'm also going to show you guys progress that I have made with it as well. Now then, on to the first, and currently only, pic of the WIP...

I started the map at a hight level of 2, and raised each of those individual tiles up to 6 by my self. I will have most, if not all, the slopes and cliffs in the map, since I will be trying to get it as close as possible, due to the size differences of both Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun. Once again, this is a WIP, so bear with me.

-=-Update 0001-=-
I have added the minimap to the thread... As it is updated, it will look more like the Sinkhole map from RA2/YR, so enjoy!
Current Minimap:
Updated 9-07-2008

-=-Update 0002-=- [9-07-2008]
One of the four starting areas are done.

It doesn't look like much, but that is smiler to how it appears in RA2/YR. I have also noticed, while making the map, that the sizes (Besides the commonly known one of RA2/YR being at least 20% bigger) of this map and the original, though using the same dimensions (100x100 I think it was), both maps are defiantly different in size. As in this one, some of the hills were just too long to put into the map, and some of them were small enough to fully fit into the play zone, however on the original, some of the hills end right outside the play zone... My theory is that this version will actually offer more play area, unless I decide to modify the play zone size.

As I said, I will try to get this map to look as closely as possible to the original map, even though it wont be a perfect clone as I now know. (Copying each tile individually didn't help here... Tended to be a few tiles off once the first ring of hill was done... x.x)

-=-Update 0003-=- [9-07-2008]
Apparently, due to the size diffeences I will not be able to get the whole slopes/cliffs as I said I would... BUT, I have made it look as close as possible... I have completed the second starting point, and I will be releasing a demo of the map with this update. The demo will include the two starting zones, a small town, and two tiberium fields that will be enough to play with, from a tech level 5 or lower from what I have found out... So, since this is a demo map, I will disable all units/buildings that are tech level 6 and higher =P Once the map is complete, then there will be no tech limit (Except for tech level 11 and above XD). The demo map, though very undetailed, is basically one side of the map, with the rest of the map free for you to explore, though undetailed... It's a WiP, so please don't complain about the map not done... I already know that... Anywho, I will give you all a preview of the little town, me being the green Nod, for eye candy if you don't wish to download the demo. And on a side, but importiant note, if this map, or the completed one of mine is featured in any mods, please give me the credit. This is the only map I've basically spent time on doing, and it's my hard work (Quite a few hours x.x)... Anywho, enjoy the pic at the end of this update, and enjoy the demo map!

-=-Update 0004-=- [9-18-2008]
I have resumed working on my map, sorry I havn't posted any updates on it, been tied up with school work x.x Anywho, I've taken some of the comments to promise and have given the start locations with the major pavement massing a make over. As I have already posted the first area, I will show you the same area and it's make over. Hope it looks better to your tastes now, I am trying to get it looking good, even after I give this update. Stay tuned for more updates later on!

-=-Update 0005-=-[10-18-2008]
I know the map is on hold, but when I get my laptop back, I will be forced to download my demo map x.x Sad, for the creator, right? Anyways, Once I DO get the demo map back, I will try to get it to look as closely as possible to the pics I have put up so far, then rework the map... I sadly had alot more done, but I won't mind remaking it, since I'm taking my time and I'm not in a real big rush to complete it. So once I do get my laptop back, work on it will resume.

~Shakar, Shakar Productions President

Sinkhole-Demo.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sinkhole-Demo.zip
 Filesize:  74.76 KB
 Downloaded:  197 Time(s)

Last edited by Shakar on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 am; edited 6 times in total

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject:  Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have Updated the map... Check Post one.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is anyone even interested in my map? Sad

I'm still working on it, whether you guys like it or not, but I'm not seeing anyone being interested in commenting on my map in progress... Is the demo not enough for you all to atleast make some comments on how it can be improved? :'(

Also, if you are going to say there is too much pavement, I've already addressed this issue in the actual map itself. I've removed ALOT of pavement, so it looks better. The demo map remains unchanged how ever.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't see this topic before. But I am interested in it now that I've seen it Smile .

Suggestions:
1.) to make this map truly epic, try making new tiles to suit this map. For example, make new Sinkhole related sand or dirt.

2.) Make new SHP buildings to increase variety and decrease repetition.

3.) The Sinkhole would suit well to have Sand instead of dirt.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it's still a WiP ;( And I was only trying to get it to look as close as possible to the original.

The town shown above is also in the middle right of the map, which is in the demo map I have up for download.

At the moment, it's still being worked on, I'm doing the outer areas first then the sinkhole itself. Once the sinkhole itself is done, I'll be editing the area around it to suit it. But I'm not using any custom tiles ether, I'm avoiding the Terrain Expansion terrain so people without it can play the map, and I'm not adding custom buildings that are up for download or made myself, unless it is already in the game =/ So right now, it's all Tiberian Sun original stuff in the map, nothing custom like the Terrain Expansion, and no custom buildings/terrain tiles/units... Unless it already comes with the game, I'm not using it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't have the time to test it :/ , but did you add/will you add lighting?

Lighting makes or breaks fo shizzle.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The demo has no lighting except one lamp for a tibfield that has yet to be edited. I will be adding lighting though, once I have an idea of the time of day I'll have for it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome.

And keep updating, even if I can't play the map, eyecandy is still great.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have added another update to the map.

A new picture showing the first start area with a makeover! Very Happy On TibWeb, people were syaing it needed less concrete, even my CnC pals over MSN. So I took those comments and made it true. I hope the area looks better at least. And no, I will not be changing the demo map... The Demo map is in-game Eye-Candy for the map. Which reminds me, time to get some new in-game pictures of the map.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[MAP IS PLACED ON HOLD]
Recently, a virus hit my laptop (Where all of my Tiberian Sun stuff is stored, and I am now unable to boot it up. I'm working on getting it fixed, but until then, the map is on hold... HOPEFULLY once I do get it working again, I will still have the map, so until I get it back up, enjoy the demo.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know the map is on hold, but when I get my laptop back, I will be forced to download my demo map x.x Sad, for the creator, right? Anyways, Once I DO get the demo map back, I will try to get it to look as closely as possible to the pics I have put up so far, then rework the map... I sadly had alot more done, but I won't mind remaking it, since I'm taking my time and I'm not in a real big rush to complete it. So once I do get my laptop back, work on it will resume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon