Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Maniac's Armed Recreational Vehicle!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:  Maniac's Armed Recreational Vehicle!
Subject description: Mammoth Armed Reclamation Vehicle - Soviet, GDI and GDI bunkerable versions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Usefull for crushing neighbour's house, tanks, buildings, ... (depends on code) #Tongue

I have created this voxel specially for PPM Voxel Competition 2008 and this pack contains Soviet schemed version of the MARV (I have recolored it then), normal GDI MARV (no upgrades) and bunkerable version of the GDI MARV (multiple turrets would look lame because of the game engine). Also this pack includes 2 cameos of normal GDI MARV (non-veteran and veteran).

marv_000.gif
 Description:
preview of the like-freshly-built-CNC3KW-MARV version
 Filesize:  533.84 KB
 Viewed:  26259 Time(s)

marv_000.gif

sov.jpg
 Description:
soviet preview
 Filesize:  21.25 KB
 Viewed:  26259 Time(s)

sov.jpg

screenshot.png
 Description:
like freshly built CNC3KW MARV
 Filesize:  189.67 KB
 Viewed:  26258 Time(s)

screenshot.png

screenshot.png
 Description:
bunkerable
 Filesize:  215.89 KB
 Viewed:  26258 Time(s)

screenshot.png

marv.zip
 Description:
contains important readme
too!
(you can just copy the code, but don't forget to credit me, it took me some time to do it)

Download
 Filename:  marv.zip
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Downloaded:  2219 Time(s)

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love it! Spotlight it fast!

EDIT: Soviet scheme with bunker please!

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, maybe later I will make soviet scheme with bunkers, I am pretty busy with my Uni (half-semester exams and projects like cipher program in the C with parameters key and help) now. Sad

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad
How can I make sov scheme? Just a recolor or did you do lots of modifactions?

partyzanPaulZy (go sleep)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I think you need to recolor Brown1 and Brown2 colours to Soviet colours. Parts which I haven't change are Greyscale, Allied, Green, Dark, Remap colours.
I don't think it will be just simply pallete conversion, rather colour-to-colour conversion. You can try. Wink

Electro
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it me or it can't fit through the war factory doors?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course it can't. -_-

Electro
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose the actual and only way people will make these in their mods is by using kennel hack powered reclamator hubs. Wooooo.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see alot of good details(in the voxel editor), but the problem is that too much details can kill a voxel along with terrible autonormals ingame. Other than that, the shape is really good Smile
I'm gonna hand paint normals on this voxel when I have some time to mess around. Wink

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gamingroach wrote:

I'm gonna hand paint normals on this voxel when I have some time to mess around. Wink

intresting. Dont forget to show the results

Quote:
Well, I think you need to recolor Brown1 and Brown2 colours to Soviet colours. Parts which I haven't change are Greyscale, Allied, Green, Dark, Remap colours.
I don't think it will be just simply pallete conversion, rather colour-to-colour conversion. You can try. Wink

horrible results >(

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm might be useful needed to build an allied unit of this size Twisted Evil

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making it a base destroyer and Masstodont Tank destroyer.

It is the end of the world.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

azri_apoc
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked scary looking tank, it design looks accurate like in KW M.A.R.V, excellent work dude. Wink

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that thing is huge!! O__O

it doesnt fit warfactory... it must be build by building tabs...

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can make it a crate only unit. or campaign only...

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

Last edited by Biohazard on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't understand why this didn't rank higher than it did but quite nice work anyway Wink

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't be a MARV without the MARV voice #Tongue One of the better voices in Kane's Wrath these are extracted MARV sound files which I've named each file after its voice lines. Just to make it more fun when you take this MARV out for a spin in your mods.

Also I wonder why it didn't rank higher as well.. either way really good work, love the cameo too.. it's about time we got a MARV around here Smile

MARV Voice.rar
 Description:
Marv Voice

Download
 Filename:  MARV Voice.rar
 Filesize:  591.99 KB
 Downloaded:  712 Time(s)

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this was ranked top 3 at the competition I consider spotlighting would be enough good prize from me. #Tongue

zenoniations
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW!!!
It's a god marv!
It's too big. isn't it?
How could it ran out of WF?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Skype Account
Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If only it was a spinning barrel, then this would be a Mega Spotlight.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can be done... kinda, it'd mean making a few extra turrets with barrels at various stages of rotation then using the SREF turret changer abuse.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy mother of, its tremendus-ly beutiful

Jon Fox
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to make this gray and use it as a Campaign unit in a TS mod...

If it's alright with you.

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a better way to animate the turret.
Just like the gattling tanks does.

My Art

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is also possibility (I am thinking about it).
But I am too busy this month (exams), maybe later. I will improve the texture and make those barrels spinning - maybe like the Prism Tank (turn after shot), maybe like the Gattling Tank (s-l-o-w-l-y spinning while shooting).

@Jon Fox: You (and everybody) can do anything you want with this, but give me credit. Wink

Jon Fox
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
@Jon Fox: You (and everybody) can do anything you want with this, but give me credit. Wink

Sure thing. I find it best to ask before use.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!