Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hybrid MARV
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject:  Hybrid MARV
Subject description: My entry for the voxel contest
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this unit is based on Kane's Wrath MARV. However as I find that unit ugly, I tried to spice it a little following my favorite unused concept.

Feel free to guess why I like it a lot XD. Probably going to make a voxel for it someday.

Now you might ask yourself what it does have in common with that concept?.
Besides the dual-liked railgun cannons, the unit is also meant to deploy, however due to college and the short time to make the unit, I wasn't able to finish the deploying animation, and test it ingame (so it fitted the voxel), however I will finish it (the animation is quite simple, I just lack the free time to test it ingame, due to college).

Originally I gave the model way more detail and weapons (it had grenade launcher tubes, and dual missile launchers). But that looked bad ingame, the tubes looked just like 3 black lines, and the missile launchers were to small to be noticed as anything else than horribly textured boxes. In the end I removed many detail pieces, and simplified some texturing both in 3ds max and in the voxel editor.

Enough of useless talk Laughing
The rar includes everything you might need to code the unit ingame, also concepts for both main inspiration sources and a big render of the unit.
Also please use the HVA provided with the unit, specially the turret's HVA as it's used to set the rotation axis of the turret, due to it's shape.

Deployed.png
 Description:
Deployed State (WIP)
 Filesize:  491.96 KB
 Viewed:  12987 Time(s)

Deployed.png

Preview RA2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.74 KB

Preview RA2.PNG

Preview TS.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.76 KB

Preview TS.png

Machine's Entry.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Machine's Entry.rar
 Filesize:  922.79 KB
 Downloaded:  915 Time(s)

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet Razz . now just an ingame of it deployed...

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused, somebody missed the important part #Tongue.

I wrote:
...however I will finish it [in relation to the deploy animation/state] (the animation is quite simple, I just lack the free time to test it ingame, due to college).

The animation itself is quite easy to make, however I might need several tries to get the exact size for it, so it fits perfectly the unit. However I don't have the free time to do it ATM.

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied version of MARV.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this was ranked top 3 at the competition I consider spotlighting would be enough good prize from me. #Tongue

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Confused, somebody missed the important part #Tongue.

I wrote:
...however I will finish it [in relation to the deploy animation/state] (the animation is quite simple, I just lack the free time to test it ingame, due to college).

The animation itself is quite easy to make, however I might need several tries to get the exact size for it, so it fits perfectly the unit. However I don't have the free time to do it ATM.

snice you dont have enough freetime to finish a simple deploy animation, I gues your mod wont be released this winter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!