Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
Bug with the 3D viewer.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject:  Bug with the 3D viewer. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have resently upgraded my old GF 7100 to a 8800GT, and I was 100% happy with it. Was. Now, I cann't get the 3d preview to work in both VSE III nor HVAB. I have downloaded all my drivers and stuf, all the newest updates and stuff, but the proble is still there. The app works just fine, it's only the 3d view. Can this be fixed?

EDIT: Problem is "fixed" problably some random Vista update or erinstal of the nVidia driver Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Dupl3xxx on Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

put 7100 back in
send me 8800
???
PROFIT!

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cann't put the 7100 back in, it's "removed" Rolling Eyes

And I can send you the 8800GT (the asus one with one GB memory Very Happy) if you pay me ~ 450$ + tax + transport Very Happy Serius!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you make a video of what happens with the 3D preview? I still have no clue why does it happens on some machines...

(and does OS:VV works fine in your machine? The 3D rendering code there is similar to VXLSE III)

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing that happends is nothing. When you start the app without a voxel loaded, the 3d view is gray. When I load a voxel, the 3dview is still gray. The other "layer" views work just fine though. the exact same on the VV and HVA. So nothing facy happens, no error logs, no nothing, that's the problem Very Happy

EDIT: image of it

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did you disable the 3d view?

enable3d.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  318.43 KB
 Viewed:  10038 Time(s)

enable3d.PNG

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think so. But now it works! Danm, vista messes with my head... Gotta get ma god old XP back Rolling Eyes

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, it is not a bug Smile.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know if tis is a bug or not, but my 3d view in 1.38 is off centered so iv been using 1.37.

Off center2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.23 KB
 Viewed:  9742 Time(s)

Off center2.png

Off center.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.78 KB
 Viewed:  9742 Time(s)

Off center.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And when I load voxels sometimes, the 3d screen gets cut off at bottom (shows a random 50-100% of what it should, but sometimes works).

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It happens to me too, but I think it's driver related Confused.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Road Warriorr: 1.38 considers your voxel bounds and HVA position when rendering it. So, it is not a bug, just a badly setup voxel.

@Others: Probably driver issues.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, but it has a good hva, its all lined up in the center and all but i guess somethings wrong so ill check it.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tank has a bad center. But the walker is fine. Imo the 3d preview should center the voxels properly. (@Banshee: Take the base HVA frame as a reference point and work out the bounds. Then center the object based on its bounds)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The voxel editor does it correctly in the 3D Preview window, if you look at the source, Stu.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not centered, so how is it doing it properly? If you worked out the bounds you could center it properly so the center of the model is the center of the view.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It uses the bounds to center the voxel instead of doing it artificially like it used to do. The 3D preview window also uses the HVA matrix in the same way OS:VV does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum