Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Problems with Vistaaa
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject:  Problems with Vistaaa Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My new desktop computer is a Vista 64 bit, I've run Tiberian Sun game.exe (and Hyper's fullTS game.exe) in compatibility mode for Windows 98 compatibility mode, I've reinstalled it, the whole shabang.
I'm aware of a vista patch, though IIRC that only makes the LAN a UDP as opposed to IPX..
this is the error I get, are there any known solutions?

dlls.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.74 KB
 Viewed:  3659 Time(s)

dlls.png

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does it work with out hypers thing (or is that needed)

the only thing i have done to mine is the sun.exe and game.exe in compatiability mode to 95 and installed the lan patch (the patch does more than fix lan)

only other thing you could do is to try and launch it via the games menu in start

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

added the Vista patch, unless this is either the incorrect or old version of the patch.
Reinstalled TS again, as well as copied the exact TS directory that I used for my laptop, all with the same result.

The Team Black Index

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it's the 64 bit Vista. 64 bit OS has the habit of breaking a lot of games Confused

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if there is a way to emulate XP, or another OS on Vista? I know Macs can do this, to an extent..

The Team Black Index

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.vmware.com/products/server/
It should work with TS, I believe I got it working fine with Linux as my host OS and XP as my guest. If you get hold of VMWare Workstation, that has DirectX 9 support (according to the release notes anyway, last version of it I ran only had DX8 support) and that will almost definitely have no problem.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alrighty, it's installed after filling out a wall of registration gobbledygook..
I'm a little unclear as to what this program does, and how to use it.

The Team Black Index

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
alrighty, it's installed after filling out a wall of registration gobbledygook..
I'm a little unclear as to what this program does, and how to use it.

Really now, it's not sensible or advisable to install things just because someone suggests to. It's a virtual machine, allows you to "run windows within windows" if you will (not that it's limited to windows but I digress).

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS works fine on my PC (running Vista Ultimate 64bit), but when I tried to install TS on another PC (with Vista Ultimate or Home Premium 32bit I believe) I got the same problem you just described. The only big difference I can think of right now is that I have UAC (User Account Control) disabled on my PC; I haven't tried disabling UAC on the other PC, but you might want to try this.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would make sense. I'll try that, Bittah

EDIT: NO KIDDING! It worked, running TS in 1680x1050 Smile
we'll be sure to remember this next time someone has this problem. (Damn UAC control is really good for nothing, anyhow..)

The Team Black Index

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, UAC is the most annoying thing ever... There's really no reason whatsoever to leave the UAC on unless you're a total computer retard and need to protect teh computer from.. yourself Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UAC is stupid, but I still see ppl using it...
Anyways, good you got it fixed TB Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UAC isn't stupid, it's just not implemented well. The way it's done, pretty much every program needs full admin access to run.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it was implemented that way for a reason.
the more annoying it would be, the more developers would write their code to not require to those permissions, making it safer in the long run.
it did its job well, actually.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exactly.

The developers are just shitty DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS...

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OPERATOR OPERATOR OPERA.. O WAIT XD

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't need to disable the UAC,

Make the program have the same right like a administrator. Maybe you can disable PPT when on high and visual thing then is will work.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My account is already administrator.. ebesides, disabling the useless UAC solves more problems than just this.

Lt Albrecht wrote:
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Yeah... I just summed up half of PPm Right there...

You forgot one thing.. the lock and the banhammer

Spam Time is over

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon