Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Assault Of Odessa
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject:  Assault Of Odessa
Subject description: Soviets and Japanese Players
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the campaign map for Odessa,
I've modifed it so that players can now be both japanese and soviet players.

*Now Uploaded* (sorry I didn't know, that I didn't post it lol)

Lay-out is simple, the top right 2 players are the soviets (both on same teams),
and bottom right and top left are the japanese players(again both on same teams).

The map plays a intro which, will end by taking each player to their bases,
then the soviet team get to prepare for the Shogun Ex, the soviets must protect the church and Vip bunker from being destoryed and push back the japanese players to win.

To set up properly set all team factions to random, and make sure that the soviets or japanese players are in respected places and on same team.
(this should be done auto aka. Slots Player 1-2 same team and in top right 2 places, Slots Player 3-4 same team and in top left,bottom right)

So all you really need to do is set the teams,
The Japanese Player in top left space is recommended for the human player on a skirk match as its the player who gains control of the Shogun Ex.

If any teams or factions are miss placed and error message will apper at the end of intro (sorry about the strict placements abit of an eye sore I know, however scripts don't always feel like doing my bidding, so got to take chances Crying or Very sad Embarassed ).

feel free to make suggestions and coments look at scripts or even edit my verison(just leave my creds ^^).

Heres a few in game pictures.

Assault_on_Odessa~Tiberian_fiend.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Assault_on_Odessa~Tiberian_fiend.zip
 Filesize:  526.5 KB
 Downloaded:  682 Time(s)

Last edited by TiberianFiend on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So basically, a revision of the Odessa map except it allows for Player vs Player?

You know, I bet that will be EAs next innovation lol. PvP Campaign maps.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
So basically, a revision of the Odessa map except it allows for Player vs Player?

You know, I bet that will be EAs next innovation lol. PvP Campaign maps.

Well some bonus maps are taken from campaign missions,
i just re-scripted it with a few extras. #Tongue
took awhile due to learning the new scripting system.
they taken away the messages which pop up on your screen with boxes,
which attach themselves to objects Sad.

My next map will be much simpler,
much like an AOD but no structures ,Yippy!
and the north postion will be the comp ROFL.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice; its good to see user content. I think RA3 wil last for quite a while.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, Odessa is a type of shoe. #Tongue
This looks quite good, It's nice to see people posting in the RA3 forums so shortly after they've been created. Also, I Notice RA3 still uses 4-Lane roads like RA2 and TS. Razz

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, did you edit the text yourself? I thought that it ain't possible because of strings Confused

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Hmm, did you edit the text yourself? I thought that it ain't possible because of strings Confused

It works with str files reguardless,
its just a shame they removed the On screen Strings, I could do so much more with them, instead we have to have mega long intros now,
Just to get the players to understand whats occuring in the maps.

Good bonus is that Ra3 WB uses fade system and direct control of any player's camera
making scripts such as Return Player 1 to waypoint "Player 1 start" possible. Approved

*Note*
(to any New Downloaders, below this, is not included with Assault Of Odessa or found in this thread)

I'm well on my way to contructing my newest map, I have no name for it as of yet, but this map will work much like a AOD but the main units are the goal, they will be attacked by the AI and once the final few units have been destoryed, then the game will end in victory.
The map is always monitered by AI Radar Ships.
Map supports up to 5 max players,
1 AI(which is top waypoint).

Heres a sneak peak at the contruction of the map:

Last edited by TiberianFiend on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map has been uploaded,I didn't know that it didn't post Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon