Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Your favorite Anime
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [209 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't read any Manga yet...but when they're anime-ized...quite good sometimes. Though you don't really like the "BANG!" "FWOOP!" "SMACK" "AHHHHH" stuff actually appearing while the show's going on.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My favourite anime is hentai.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:
Phobonaut wrote:
AH! Ideon.

Bad ends are awesome.

ztype yeah, Ideon... KILLING CHILDREN LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW

WTH?, bumping with a reply to yourself Laughing.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quirks of PPM, yep.

Quote:
My favourite anime is hentai.

Oh you perv. #Tongue

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're one to talk Destiny. :3

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OTAKUs!!!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team SomeGuy wrote:

Naturally. #Tongue

Maybe I should reorganize my list...

1. Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Shakugan no Shana
2. Fate/stay night, To Aru Majutsu, Toradora
3. Macross Frontier/7....hmm...meh. Too many animes. Ah, I remember...Shuffle! and...bleh.

Maybe I should watch Nanoha and all the pink beam spams?

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team SomeGuy wrote:

yeah, but pretty much everyone here already assumed that a list of hentai would belong in a different thread. trust me, if hentai would be in the lists of everyone's top 10, there wouldnt be much left for kids to watch.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was actually contemplating on saying that, Chiel, but you beat me to it.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah i forgot areaSZ is female.......oh my...i never noticed...is there any picture of her on PPM? XD
is she asian? XD how old ???? XD
I MUST KNOW FOR THE LOVE OF DRAMA XD....chii...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
ah i forgot areaSZ is female.......oh my...i never noticed...is there any picture of her on PPM? XD

Uh-oh.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sense anime-stereotypical scenarios might occur here #Tongue

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

naaa more like jdorama Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
ah i forgot areaSZ is female.......oh my...i never noticed...is there any picture of her on PPM?

There was a pic back on TumSun that I saved but I don't recall if she ever posted one here... I'll dig the one from TumSun out of my hard drive and send it to you on MSN. #Tongue

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

she posted some here too, but removed them...
i searched several tiems.
no im not a stalker. no really. please believe me?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're still in the Post Yer Picture thread.

Right between posts by an young Hyper who can't spell correct english yet, and a DaTS with a goth necklace... and more weird stuff.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My favorite animes (no specific order):

Death Note
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Mai HiME
Mai Otome (though not as good as HiME)
Elfen Lied
Noir
One Piece

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

*Cough*
*Facepalm*

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH MY I FOUND IT XDDDDDDDDDDD
SHE IS SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE ;_;

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Seriously. Now you're obsessed with the picture and find it's moe? OHSHI-

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XD MOEEEE .....i'd die for watching her eating cup noodles XDDD

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

Like a true otaku...

(Weeaboo)

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

Give me a link.

...not.

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weeaboo?

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My favourite anime are... unmentionable here >__>

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Your favorite Anime Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
please note, westwood was also influenced at a horrible scale on Bubblegum crisis, in terms of the ion cannon for example and the police choppers wich are also called "orcas" Wink

The Ion Cannon and Nod bike are from Akira though. The ion cannon video is literally called "akira.vqa".

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the Studio Ghibli films Very Happy

As for series... um, Vandread, Excel Saga, and abour 95% of the list ChielScape posted #Tongue
Evangelion sucks though, unless you use the RE-TAKE doujin manga as final ending.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh no. you didnt just say EVA sucked. you really DIDNT JUST SAY THAT. *takes out dual silenced MP7's*

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT wrote:
My favourite anime are... unmentionable here >__>

Oh really?

Do divulge.

Nyerguds wrote:
Evangelion sucks though, unless you use the RE-TAKE doujin manga as final ending.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!! #Cussing out

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh come on. The ending was totally unxpected, and stupid. Instead of solving everything they just threw the switch and the world ended. Lame.

Did any of you read RE-TAKE? It gives the series the ending it deserves, without undoing anything of the original ending.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

Whats up with people and asian chicks these days, I prefer white chicks and black chicks or inbeteween (brazilians)...but im indian, Asian chicks and especially indian chicks are very prety but not my type strange ey? WTF wrong with me.

Oh and back on topic....I really liked Ghost in the shell S.A.C and Evangelion neon genesis (haven't finished on TV yet)

Other good ones for me are Black lagoon, Basilisk and Bleach. Oh and as for gundam seed...i dont like it anymore coz I realized that everyone is sensitive and was busy crying half the dam time. Also WTF is that retarded acorn thing that comes when those main dudes get exited (kira i think)

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

didn't liked evangelion either...shinji made the series and the movies to a hell for me, god i can't stand that friggin' puberting crying whimpy bastard...and the end was quite plain...the designs odd (yet i don't like that the evas aren't really mechas) xD
it was quite disappointing when i watched it when a friend reccomendet it.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, as I said... go look for the Evangelion: RE-TAKE manga. It's not official, but it's an awesome ending to the series, and it even redeems shinji quite a bit. Be warned though, it has some sexually explicit scenes (which causes many sites to unrightfully call it "hentai", while that's really not the focus of the story) and the same amount of mindfuck as the original series #Tongue

The order of the story is also really weird.. you should read the in the order 01, 02, 03, 00, 04, and then the ending, called 'AFTER'. I originally made the mistake of starting with '00', and it really didn't make any sense at all #Tongue

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

didn't like the style of mindfuck from eva, it'll always look very psycho emo to me , tough i hate the characters

Hydraw Art on Facebook

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah the mindfucking was overdone...But ey still good to me, my favourite idea was that the mechs were actually living creatures.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I watched recently trough Ikkitousen, all 3 seasons and i must say, i've never seen such a good developed ecci anime series #Tongue

it was pretty interresting and the story was very good tough maybe not new, still good.
it's about 3 shools in the kanto area wich was once in the old ages of japans swort fighting generals a large battleground with 3 houses, and now the 3 school symbolize those 3 houses , a few from the schoolkids even are rebirths of the mighty generals wich made them powerfull or good in that what the person once was good.
it's all about to avoid sad things from the old times or battle for succsess of old things, i love how the characters develop during the series.
it's worth to watch atleast, altough it holds a lot ecci Smile but thats not a bad thing right destiny? xD
anyways here's a tease #Tongue

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only watched Ikkitousen to the part where that perv-guy-person...gimme a sec. Ah, forget it. Around 10 or 13 I stopped, didn't watch the 2nd or 3rd season. Had...other interests.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you should watch season 3 atleast, it's the best so far...
tough dragon destiny had more important story parts tough

Hydraw Art on Facebook

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the only reason you guys are complaining about EVA is because you fail to comprehend the message it brings. EVA isnt something you can expect to like if you view it like any other anime... once you actually try to understand whats going on you'll like it. Either that, or you have no emotions whatsoever.

and about the ending... the world didnt end... actually, its quite the happy end if you actually take your time and open your goddamn eyes to see whats actually going on.

in case you have crap in your face and cant see... Shinji is strangling Asuka because she keeps "playing with his feelings", but then "confesses" as it were, by putting her hand on his cheek... Shinji gets the message and releases her.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least no one is whining about OMG THEY BE KILLIN THEM ANGELS OMG THEM LIKE SATAN ROBOTS!

I enjoyed NGE. It had nice action, some suspense of belief, a nice original art direction, massive amounts of gore, psychological wankery, brickshittery and a major FUKK THIS SHIT PLOT TWIST IN YO FACE NIGGAH.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i understood the series and the end, but it wasn't really just my type of anime, all in all i had a bad feeling by watching it wich brought me to dislike it, i found it, unluike in those really gory animes, quite disturbing and inhumane, and shinji just pisses me off, sorry, he was a whimp from the beginning , the fact asuka played with him didn't really makes it better.
altough i hated asuka too, she's the kind of woman i'd hit in the face.
The only character i really liked was misato, there you could understand what burden she has to drag around if she had a hard time, atleast she was strong.

In the end i am still disappointed, the giant amount of mindfuck is really bad, and also the sorts of it, the meanest cases you wouldn't have in real live, especially the relations between the characters.
it's fucked up, and the end of it, really, the end of it is SO disappointing, yet, those few seconds of "finally through" leave you alone with this "wtf why have i looked through the series now?"
it's short, unwary, and looks like the directors decision of "allright, you got ten minutes to draw the plot to an end"
At that time when here was the animagic festival, the whole NGE fanboy crowd was just disappointed in that flick, everything was streched long, the whole series, and the end was just a blink of a cheap eye.
It may self explanatory, but that doesn't mean that it's satisfying.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Oh come on. The ending was totally unxpected, and stupid.

That's called a Gainax Ending. You should have expected it. #Tongue

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Evangelion is *why* it is called a Gainax Ending.

(That and other things from Gainax)

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
i understood the series and the end, but it wasn't really just my type of anime, all in all i had a bad feeling by watching it wich brought me to dislike it, i found it, unluike in those really gory animes, quite disturbing and inhumane, and shinji just pisses me off, sorry, he was a whimp from the beginning , the fact asuka played with him didn't really makes it better.
altough i hated asuka too, she's the kind of woman i'd hit in the face.
The only character i really liked was misato, there you could understand what burden she has to drag around if she had a hard time, atleast she was strong.

In the end i am still disappointed, the giant amount of mindfuck is really bad, and also the sorts of it, the meanest cases you wouldn't have in real live, especially the relations between the characters.
it's fucked up, and the end of it, really, the end of it is SO disappointing, yet, those few seconds of "finally through" leave you alone with this "wtf why have i looked through the series now?"
it's short, unwary, and looks like the directors decision of "allright, you got ten minutes to draw the plot to an end"
At that time when here was the animagic festival, the whole NGE fanboy crowd was just disappointed in that flick, everything was streched long, the whole series, and the end was just a blink of a cheap eye.
It may self explanatory, but that doesn't mean that it's satisfying.

the main reason why people dont like shinji, is because they subconsciously realise his problems also apply to their own lives. like i said, NGE shouldnt be watched as just another mecha series, the biomechs that are the Eva units, are just symbolism used to depict the inner struggle of all the characters. its more about human psychology than action, rly, though the latter is a nice bonus. i wouldnt really say "mindfuck" either, because its the mind itself that is depicted, not the ztyping with it, except perhaps the one episode where an angel invades Asuka's mind.
you also say things like those kind of "mindfucks" dont happen in real life... well, guess again asshole. dont you ever dare say that to me again. ive seen the horrible things people can, whether or not subconsciously, do to eachother... and its several orders of magnitude worse than anything in NGE. things so horrible it hurts even looking at them. so dont you ever give me that bullshit again.
finally you say the violence is disturbing and inhumane... it isnt THAT bad, actually, thats one of the things i like about it, and i hope that Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 involves even more graphic violence, as it should cover the ripping apart of unit 03, and if lucky, Unit 01 eating the 2nd last angel's s2 engine.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think you didn't understood what i tried to say, since you're overreacting on something i already stated similar to your description.

"all in all i had a bad feeling by watching it wich brought me to dislike it, i found it, unluike in those really gory animes, quite disturbing and inhumane,"

the gore factor wasn't meant
indeed i meaned the feeling that comes with NGE.

"In the end i am still disappointed, the giant amount of mindfuck is really bad, and also the sorts of it, the meanest cases you wouldn't have in real live, especially the relations between the characters. "

typo, it's meant to be "you wouldn't want to have in real life"

so, just don't give me the shit, you may have seen what people can do, to watch it in anime is unnessesary if you have expierenced it yourself, i hope you get my point of disliking the mindfuck that comes with NGE.

ah btw...i've gone trough thousants of NGE discussions, so don't even try to force someone liking it, not everyone is mind-masochist. #Tongue

Hydraw Art on Facebook

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this doesnt have anything to do with masochism.. far from it in fact...

i just wish it was a more accessible genre... its an anime people can actually learn things from... hell, id show it to my mom if it wasnt so violent.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps I'll put Eva on a quaternary priority. I might go...insane considering my mental status. #Tongue

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, you CAN watch it like a normal anime IF you like the violence... you'd especially love End of Eva and Rebuild of Eva, but... thats kinda like buying an icecream cone with 4 different flavors, yet you eat only one.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about SE Lain?
got a fair amount of mindfuck too, it's depressing, but has fascinating atmosphere, yet , not all people can like it or do like it, convincing people by force to like it would in my opinion make it even more bad for the watching person.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Serial Experiments Lain, a good one (forgot to add it in my list), now I know what I must rewatch during this vacations Laughing.

Anyways I must say that I didn't like Evangelion.
Since I missed the first run on TV, I had to watch the repetition, and weirdly I didn't like it, unlike most of my friends (who influenced me to watch it), though it's probably their fault for overhyping the series for me.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I notice lately there's quite a LOT of...bloodspilling and stuff in animes these days...wow. They don't go "drip, drip, drip" but instead they go "OMGWTFBBQSPLASHHHH" at once...has the world given in to it?

I might be interested in the psychological part of Eva...hmm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [209 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon