Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Promotional image(s)
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject:  Promotional image(s)
Subject description: Decided to mess around in photoshop
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't exactly a screenshot, but ah well...

Yesterday I decided to mess around in photoshop to create a good preview image for the Mod Enc site.

You might or might not have noticed it (Carno didn't notice #Tongue), but that isn't a real screenshot (you'll never find that much going on at the same time ingame to take a screenshot of). So what I really did was use over 10 different screenshots (and also some SHPs) and put them together to make it look like 1 big battle going on and I must admit I was quite pleased with the result.

However, AreaSZ thought she could do it better (since she naturally does everything better Razz), so here's hers as well (she edited a version of my image without the text).

Dawn.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  468.62 KB
 Viewed:  23887 Time(s)

Dawn.jpg

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Wed May 21, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice i think the first one looks better (or maybe thats just me)

it looks a lot better than some of the other td to ts mods

but hay you could have used td pics swaped the refinary for all i know (baseicly very realistic) Very Happy

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No lol, what you see is all DTA Cool

By the way, I agree mine works better as a promotional image (since it gives you a better idea of what everything looks like), but AreaSZ's does have somewhat of a cool factor to it Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The GDI Yellow is still not the same as in TD... :/

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I got the GDI yellow color exactly right in DTA, but I just couldn't get the color right with photoshop (I changed the remap colors of all units and buildings in that image to make it seem like there are only 3 players).

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Area52's is better #Tongue I think your stripes look more annoying than promoting. I think that her text and red glow fits more into DTA. But nice anyhow.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AreaSZ's is very good. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trust me Johan, I know what It's like to have AreaSZ show you up. #Tongue

Mine:

Area's:

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're both fine, but there is more ingame (well, apparently) stuff to see on Bittah's than Area's, what with the logos blocking out the battle! I wanna see the battle, not logos! Therefore, I like Bittah's better.

And Bittah, maybe something should be done, with actually getting DTA, actually making it possible for battles like the one in the pic, to happen EVERYTIME you play a Skirmish. That, would be epic, and I try to use that word sparingly. THAT, is what modders should strive to do.

Presently, DTA is still a cool mod.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AreaSZ would be better if insted of the greeny-blue army it was a red nod army in that corner

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also agree mine is better because of the fact it shows more of the actual battle taking place (although I might be biassed because I put quite a bit of effort in putting the battle and everything together and Na-ræ got rid of most of it Sad).
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
And Bittah, maybe something should be done, with actually getting DTA, actually making it possible for battles like the one in the pic, to happen EVERYTIME you play a Skirmish. That, would be epic, and I try to use that word sparingly. THAT, is what modders should strive to do.

It might be possible already actually if you get lucky (although I believe all screenshots I used for that image were from online games). However, it's impossible to get the AI to use the chinooks and making something you see in that image a common thing to happen when playing against the AI probably wouldn't really work out either, since you'd probably not live long enough to see it (the current AI actually is already fairly tough).
Aro wrote:
Trust me Johan, I know what It's like to have AreaSZ show you up. #Tongue

Yeah, she showed me that and I hope you won't blame me for admitting hers is better Rolling Eyes I don't like the green stuff on it however (it looks like something from a fighter plane).
Also, the main thing I prefer about Na-ræ's is that it has a darker setting and has more of a war aftermath feeling to it.
I also think the wings of the eagle should go over the Nod logo instead of under it (not because I'm a GDI fan or anything, but it jsut makes more sence).

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a new one I just put together

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Putting different screenshots together is fun! Very Happy

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Takes a while though #Tongue

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, first one is still best IMO Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose I do agree, although the one I just made shows version 1.09 and I wanted to show a bit of the terrain of both theaters (which is mainly what DTA 1.09 is about; the new terrain).

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the latest one best. It is more subtle and exhibits more of the mod.
Ain't Photoshop Grand? Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He sure likes that ion cannon beam... -_-

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'd put in a nuke, but the mushroom cloud doesn't look too fancy in combination with the chem-clouds Rolling Eyes
Maybe in the next image I put together I'll just have a nuke being launched Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon