Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Nice mod! But nothing is perfect for everyone
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject:  Nice mod! But nothing is perfect for everyone Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod put me back in to playing C&C3 again it's really nice! But there is somethings that that would make the mod better for me at least.

-Strong walls
Walls are made to slow down the enemy and last long not destroyed in a few secounds like in C&C3, I haven't tried the walls in TE but I think they are the same as in C&C3. I would like that the walls are acctually usefull and immune to machine gun fire and flames like in TD, RA, TS, RA2 and I want them to last long this doesn't mean getting pounded for ages but long enough to hold the enemy back untill "the guards" come.

-Gates
This is something I have missed since TS I like them, they look cool and they keep the enemy out.

-Better looking walls
I don't like the walls in C&C3 they look so thin and short I hope they can be a bit "meaner" looking.

-Wall Towers/Turrets
It would be nice to be able to upgrade walls with turrets.

-Music
It would be nice to have other music than the boring sounds that are in C&C3 I'm thinking about some TD or RA like music.

Yes I know that this topic is mostly about walls but I think they have been neglected in newer RTS games they can be usefull and they can make bases look better.

After I have played this mod a little longer I may find more things I think are missing or "wrong".

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love your icon! #Tongue

I have requested Gates and better ease in repairing walls.

Component Towers would be nice to see, especially if the wall strength is increased!

And it would be good to hear the good old Klepacki's music in battle.

In reference to my extensive list of bugs or other issues, did you happen to find anything else I may have missed?

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Nice mod! But nothing is perfect for everyone Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never liked the gates in TS due to their agonizingly slow open/close time... I'll probably not miss them in C&C 3 since they'd be helpless against the newer artillery anyway (which is superior to TS artillery)

I do want to see the Component Tower design (EA's slanted Watchtower is fail), but not the upgrade system since it's more tedious to build a structure and then manually upgrade it. Preferably, the tower template in Carnius's RPG Tower could be used to accommodate a MG (could use something like the APC's turret) to form the "new" Watchtower and the AA battery could become another tower using the AA Battery's turret.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS was meant to be a slower game. So manual upgrades and slow gates was a part of the atmosphere. It all depends on what atmosphere you're trying to portray.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gates are very hard, if not impossible to code. I do agree on your other points.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Gates are very hard, if not impossible to code. I do agree on your other points.

I thought EA had left the gate code from LoTR BFME 2 in C&C3. :S And gates can open and close fast, like in Age of Empires 2 where they instantly open.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno about any leftovers. And even if they where there, that doesn't mean they work correctly...

White Wolf
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

doesnt mean we cant try

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

I thought EA had left the gate code from LoTR BFME 2 in C&C3. :S And gates can open and close fast, like in Age of Empires 2 where they instantly open.

Nope, the gate coding seems to be one of the things they removed (or at least they broke it, some parts are left over) :/

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stygs wrote:
Quote:
Nope, the gate coding seems to be one of the things they removed (or at least they broke it, some parts are left over)

It seems to be exactly like that. Definitely beyond my skills Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon