Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
"Mammoth" Super Heavy Tank
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject:  "Mammoth" Super Heavy Tank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name: Mammoth Tank
Faction: GDI
Type: Super Heavy Tank
Weapon: AG Twin 165MM
AA Mammoth Tusk Rockets x 2

Last edited by Holy_Master on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes the good old mammy is back.
That reminds me I still don't have YR.

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great rendition of an old classic, awsome job

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old but new, the basic shape is like the classic one but the different design elements give it a fres look, nice one Wink

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This gives me an idea of creating CNC3 alpha mammoth (voxel, maybe 3D model). Another thing to do after winter term end exams. Idea
Your mammoth is original, supermodern (unlike TD mammoth which was rather like mammoth tank from 1980's).
There are similarities with classic (TD) mammoth, pre-CnC3 mammoth and maybe few other tanks, but it's original and nice.
Well done! Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Old but new, the basic shape is like the classic one but the different design elements give it a fresh look, nice one Wink

It's really good. Understated, yet Armageddon on wheels.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest that the things on the end of the barrels be made into remap.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unholy ztype, that looks cool.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks, but holy: you forgot the terra capital tank in this section :p.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Looks, but holy: you forgot the terra capital tank in this section

no i not forgot any unit. but the Leviathan is 1 unit that possible to redesign. personaly i think it doesnt look good when it on action. it realgun doesnt look "epic" as i want. that's why i dont update it yet, many unit have different problem that make me cant update it yet,especialize T.E.R.R.A side look abit too weak IMO.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
no i not forgot any unit. but the Leviathan is 1 unit that possible to redesign. personaly i think it doesnt look good when it on action. it realgun doesnt look "epic" as i want. that's why i dont update it yet, many unit have different problem that make me cant update it yet,especialize T.E.R.R.A side look abit too weak IMO.

Then make it shoot some type of shells (lots of them), IMO looks better and more fitting then railguns

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Railguns shoot shells... Rolling Eyes

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

railgun=shells shot very fast by magnetism.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes but how to present it different from that Hyberion and Ace does [ do explosion damage ].
that's what i need to think ,i need to careful if i do like that all 3 will end up by do the same thing.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a lot of talent, you really should consider a career in 3D Modeling.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
railgun=shells shot very fast by magnetism.

Shells in the form of the regular "cannon balls" I mean then, if it was not obvious enough Rolling Eyes .

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cannonballs are gay. You know what happens when two cannonBALLS are touching?

Here, take my advice. Railguns > cannonballs.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the stock RA2 graphic is GAY anyways, since when did ztyping tank guns shoot CANNONBALLS?
They stopped using those more than a hundred years ago... Not even africans use cannonballs, they just shoot AKs out of tubes because they have so many...

And Maybe some sort of Laser weapon could be used?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
And Maybe some sort of Laser weapon could be used?

that's same what Hyperion Does..

but well.. i already have an idea for Leviathan and it's epic. Very Happy

anyone need idea forum?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like the idea of MARV style sonic shells, they're splash damage weapons, which is what you wanted to avoid, right?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to Lt Albrecht i click wrong to edit your word. Embarassed

Quote:
don't like the idea of MARV style sonic shells, they're splash damage weapons, which is what you wanted to avoid, right?

well. i avoid to use whole idea they think but i dont avoid to improve that idea. it may be sonic cannon but i need to think about another logic to improve it.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have its barrels replaced with curved tusks to ram the enemy...err..make them firestorm coated...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A firestorm cannon! That shoots a beam of pinpoint energy capable of ripping through enemy armour even faster than a laser! However its pinpoint accuracy reduces its effectiveness against infantry as the beam must fall in close proximity to a soldier to cause them harm.

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the looks of this mammoth. I'm confused why you placed the sensors in line of sight of where the barrels will elevate. Needs more remap. Maybe you could dab some on the missile racks.

Railguns don't fire shells since there is no need for the projectiles to carry explosives given the kinetic energy they possess. It's like a sabot penetrator on steroids. Nor is there any propellant needed to accelerate the projectile given the system's use of magnetism.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is a shell though. A projectile from a "gun" of calibre over twenty milimeters. The fact it has no explosive is meaningless, it just means it's an AP shell and will take off your head instead of blowing you up #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i interesting in "Firestorm Cannon" Idea btw how it will work in game? it just do damage and have firestorm effect animation ?

what they fring isn't problem. but what that weapon can do is the problem.

keep it up everyone, i still wait for idea. #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking a powerful AP weapon (100% or more against heavy armour and high against defences). With a red/yellow ish laser beam and an animation of glowing red heat.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A weapon that would destroy pretty much everything. Vehicles and aircrafts.

It should be less effective against buildings.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's what i dont want to do the most.. just adding powerful unit and counter it with more powerful unit.

about capital that do area damage i think i have enough.

MM Ace : Highly explosive shell. Can do most damage more than another and can attack air with 2 rocket.

Hyperion: Ion Cannon. Can do more area damage than Ace and can crash smaller vehicle. but cant protect it self from air.

Leviathan: ??? [something total different from both if you ask me idea,i want it have the most rapid fire than previous unit. and if possible i want it have less accurate to do some area damage. [ i ever try to do this in juggernaut but i failed,now my juggy still attack enemy with 100% hit if some one know to solve this please help me]

btw something i still dont understand, firestorm is some kind of Plasma?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Firestorm defence is a network of...wall...emitters...that project a...wall...of...plasma that effectively blocks all hostile enemy weapons, yep.

Weaponized, it's just blue-colored blobs of...plasma.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about the leviathan doesn't do that much damage, but every hit does a little bit of emp to the enemy (like the emp patriot from the super weapons general in zero hour)?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
The Firestorm defence is a network of...wall...emitters...that project a...wall...of...plasma that effectively blocks all hostile enemy weapons, yep.

Weaponized, it's just blue-colored blobs of...plasma.

I think it's meant to ionize the air, and turn anything in it's path into a flaming piece of slag...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's...Tesla's impenetrable wall.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the jugger you need lobber=yes, inaccurate=yes and maybe use flakscatter.

Hmm... I like dafool's EMP idea, you can have it do damage by attatching the actual damage to the anim.

If you want area damage go for fusion shells, little lingering radioactivity but a short blast of energy.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go for missiles, EMP missiles, and tons of them Laughing.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OP, no way man, unless the enemy was to spam infantry, LOTS of infantry.

I'm likeing the Fusion idea; fusion is kick ass, the word it self sounds cool; ever since I played Descent, the purple fusion guns are stuck in my memory, as well as the charging sound, as well accidentally committing suicide, because I held the charge for too long, and my ship exploded. Poor ship.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

zenoniations
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great mammoth มmaster.
I can't follow your imagine.
But...
Is this mod use patch, Master?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon