Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Feedback on v1.2
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject:  Feedback on v1.2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are not much new so check out feedback on v 1.1 before post so we not talk about same things again.

Also I appreciate some comments on balance, you know what i mean, what should be stronger/weaker etc.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you noticed that the dropship bay's radar is partially black?
I'll take a screeny next time I play.

EDIT: Here is the picture

proof.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.63 KB
 Viewed:  13979 Time(s)

proof.JPG

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like that bulk doesn't reflect any lighting.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Have you noticed that the dropship bay's radar is partially black?

I did not. Smile I have to check it out.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The issue with the dropship bay's radar could have something to do with the normal map that causes that part of the radar to look black if there's no light shining directly on it.

If there's light on it, by right it should look like this:

btw I think the Dropship bay needs to have a bigger landing platform. Now it is not big enough to accommodate MK II which forces the Dropship to land at a weird angle rather than parallel to the Dropship Bay

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comparison...

kw2.JPG
 Description:
Kane's Wrath GDI.
 Filesize:  168.88 KB
 Viewed:  13862 Time(s)

kw2.JPG

cc32.JPG
 Description:
Tiberium Essence GDI.
 Filesize:  160 KB
 Viewed:  13862 Time(s)

cc32.JPG

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed few things about Tiberium Essence, but because my english sucks I'm not going to explain what's good or what should be changed, redesigned, etc. That's why I'm gong to post few screenshots and hopefully they are going to speak for themselves...

mammothmk2comp.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  558.03 KB
 Viewed:  13844 Time(s)

mammothmk2comp.jpg

0piccomp.jpg
 Description:
TE Titan missing few things (antennas) and there is legs design...
 Filesize:  1014.24 KB

0piccomp.jpg

1piccomp.jpg
 Description:
Wolverine antenna on wrong side and maybe design of the legs and guns...
 Filesize:  710.75 KB

1piccomp.jpg

titancomparison.jpg
 Description:
...more comparison...
 Filesize:  396.67 KB

titancomparison.jpg

wolverinecomparison.jpg
 Description:
...more comparison #2...
 Filesize:  382.24 KB

wolverinecomparison.jpg

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TE Hover MLRS cockpit is positioned symmetrical, but it should be positioned asymmetrical on the left side (from the viewer point of view placed in front of the hover mlrs), and there is maybe few more details...

2piccomp.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  625.36 KB
 Viewed:  13841 Time(s)

2piccomp.jpg

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that are some TE units (Titan, Wolverine, Hover MLRS) a little bit oversized in comparison with other C&C3 units (vehicles). For example, Titan is a little bit taller a than Juggernaut (MKI) in Tiberian Sun but in Kane's Wrath Titan (MKII?) is smaller than Juggernaut MKIII and Juggernaut MKIII is a little bit smaller than Behemoth (Juggernaut MKII). I don't think that Titan (TE/TS version) suppose to be taller than Juggernaut MKIII. I don't know is Juggernaut MKIII bigger than Juggernaut MKI, but it should be because MKIII version carrying bigger guns (3 200mm cannons) than MKI version (3 120mm cannons). There is also height issue with Titan versions. Is TS version taller or smaller than KW version or they are same height? It is safest way to say that they has same height.
Probably most ppm forum member knows, but for those who don't know, all C&C concepts and renders used in my screens were taken from http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=gallery and http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/tibsunarchive/tsa_main.htm

PS
I almost forgot to mention, there is one screenshot taken from Gen zh All stars mod which I used in my posts.

juggernautcomp.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB
 Viewed:  13836 Time(s)

juggernautcomp.jpg

Last edited by hammerfest83 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not actual flaws or mistakes. Everything is deliberate and made for reason. I made these changes because I don't like some details on original tib sun units or find them not important. Good example is hover mlrs, why did westwood designers put it's cockpit on side is beyond me. It seriously reduce field of view and make wrong perspective for pilot. There is really no reason why it should be on side when opposite side is empty. If there would be visible sensors or something like that, then it make sense but it is not so I put it in to middle because it makes more sense and looks better.

Tiberium essence is not Tib sun clone, it is all about what tiberian wars should be. You maybe disagree but considering time between second and third war I think is acceptable that something looks different.

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then it's OK if you made all these changes deliberately. I already know that TE is not TS clone, but I thought that you maybe missed few details on some units. Nevertheless it would be nice if you have free time to make one C&C3 mod which will have TS FS vanilla units, or, as once you said on this forums, TS version of TE mod Smile
PS
One more question: when you are going to release next version of TE, is there any date, I can't wait Very Happy

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok those comparisons with the Eric Gooch concept arts are the epitome of nitpicky... nobody's going to notice (or care) about minor stuff like that (or someone'd have already gave feedback on the er... Titan antenna or thingy)

Plus, Hammerfest I'd say your argument on the scaling of the units isn't going to go very far. When I mentioned to Carnius that his Cyborgs and Cyborg Reaper are unrealistically larger than average human, he said the scaling wasn't perfect in TS either (though I still feel that they'd look better if scaled more towards the size of fellow infantry)

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
Ok those comparisons with the Eric Gooch concept arts are the epitome of nitpicky... nobody's going to notice (or care) about minor stuff like that (or someone'd have already gave feedback on the er... Titan antenna or thingy)

Plus, Hammerfest I'd say your argument on the scaling of the units isn't going to go very far. When I mentioned to Carnius that his Cyborgs and Cyborg Reaper are unrealistically larger than average human, he said the scaling wasn't perfect in TS either (though I still feel that they'd look better if scaled more towards the size of fellow infantry)

As you can see, I didn't mention any of infantry units in my previous posts because I know that scaling of units, especially infantry units has been problem from early C&C games. I only mentioned most noticeable (largest) units. Those comparisons with Eric Gooch concepts came later, after I first time saw design of some units (Titan and Wolverine) and noticed few things, then I started to search on the internet and found those concepts. It's true however that I didn't know before is it, for example, hover mlrs cockpit symmetric or asymmetric, that only came to me later after I saw Gooch's concepts.

All those comparisons I made only because I didn't know that Carnius deliberately changed design of some vanilla TS units. For some time, I already know that TE is not going to be TS clone and it's going to have some custom made units (Scarab transport, Cobra artillery, etc), but as I said before, I didn't know that there is intention to change few details on some TS iconic units. I'm sorry if my previous posts looks nitpicky, I was just trying to help because I like Tiberium Essence.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A FMV in Tiberian Sun shows that the juggernaut is wider and taller than a Titan, and size doesn't matter much in C&C games because there is no C&C game where all units are sized correctly. (C&C95 was close though #Tongue)

and I see none of Erics consepts in hammerfest's post....
EDIT: Checked the posts above and I saw Eric's consepts

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore is correct, the Juggernaut should be in-between the MMKII and the Titan. In one of the Firestorm cutscenes, its friggin huge (and slow!).

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hammerfest83 wrote:
I didn't mention any of infantry units in my previous posts because I know that scaling of units, especially infantry units has been problem from early C&C games.

You misunderstand. In previous games at least the infantry were to scale with each other.

In this case... well...

...and it's glaringly obvious too, because the Cyborg heads clip through the roof of the Hand of Nod when they come out.

Still, with the animations of the unit already done, resizing them could be troublesome.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C and correct scaling is a non-existing combination, live with it Confused

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
hammerfest83 wrote:
I didn't mention any of infantry units in my previous posts because I know that scaling of units, especially infantry units has been problem from early C&C games.

You misunderstand. In previous games at least the infantry were to scale with each other.

Yes, scaling of infantry with each other in previous games was relatively good but I when mentioned scaling problem I meant scaling infantry with buildings and vehicles. As I said in my previous posts, I just noticed and mentioned scaling problem with some larger units, but carnius said that he done that deliberately and I'm OK with that now.

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Tore is correct, the Juggernaut should be in-between the MMKII and the Titan. In one of the Firestorm cutscenes, its friggin huge (and slow!).

Nice Video. I didn't know that is juggernaut larger than titan, and it's huge. Very Happy Now it's clear to me why is behemoth a little bit larger than juggernaut mkIII.

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that juggernout is huge, I think too much .

BTW is this video from firestorm or fan made? I can´t recall it from firestorm (maybe was hidden or something).

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hidden or unusued I cannot remember... there's 2 vids, a mobile stealth generator one and a juggernaut one...

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there any news on TE progress?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:
Wow, that juggernout is huge, I think too much .

BTW is this video from firestorm or fan made? I can´t recall it from firestorm (maybe was hidden or something).

It's official, but it's not included in Firestorm (it was, however, supposed to).

I did some little research and found out the heights of the mechs:

1. Wolwerine - 8-9 feet/2,5-3 meters
2. Titan - 25 feet/8 meters
3. Juggernaut - 42 feet/14 meters
4. Mammoth Mark II - 56 feet/18,5 meters

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hammerfest83 wrote:
Are there any news on TE progress?

You'd think if there was news, he'd update.

However, carnius only updates when there's a new release, at least that seems to be how he's done it so far, aside from a few pre-1.01 pics on moddb shortly before 1.01

The white lady~!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon