Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
The Engineer
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject:  The Engineer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I defiantly want to recreate the engineer in it's original fucntion, however, I have to find out how. Here are the objectives I want to meet:

1) Instantly captures buildings
2) Instantly repairs buildings

Secondarily, I would like (atleast some of) the engineers to have secondary fucntions such as:

3) Minesweep,difuse bomb
4) Have a gun (combat engineer)
5) construct buildings (combat enginer (bunker) )
6) Deploy into a little hospital tent (ra3 allies engineer)
7) Sprint (japanese engineer)
Cool Demo Charge (ra1 engineer, like how they damaged buildings in ra1)

Most, if not all of these things are already present in Generals, atleast in a different form. The worker for example, can minesweep ,construct buildings, and slowly repair buildings. There are other units with demo charges have weapons. I already have figured out how to get units to deploy into other things (replace objects), so that can kill two birds with one stone. I can have the japanese enginerr transform into a cloned unit of it with an improved (faster) locomotor. That unit has a lifespan (tag which controls how long it lives) and when it dies, it can spawn the original engineer. The basic infantry and hackers can slowly capture buildings too. So, I believe all the tools for creating these units are present.

However, the biggest obstacle lies in making the repairs and the caputres instant, and making the engineer dissappear. I was thinking on manipulating the hijacker or saboteur code.

*I got to go on a trip, I'll finish this when I get back*[/i]

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instantly captures buildings can be done by using the Lotus ability, and giving it a real short capture delay.
Instantly repairing structures is something I haven't been able to do.
For all others: I'd say almost all of them are possible (with the exception of the sprint ability)...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps after the capture the engineer dies without the death anim.

IIRC the Barracks healed infantry when they entered...if you used that logic or something #Tongue

Remember RA1 Engineers capture when the enemy structures were in critical HP, not destroy them.

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Engineer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
I can have the japanese enginerr transform into a cloned unit of it with an improved (faster) locomotor. That unit has a lifespan (tag which controls how long it lives) and when it dies, it can spawn the original engineer.

And if it is killed while sprinting towards the enemy's base it spawns a slower version of itself at full health? And if it's at half health then starts running it spawns a faster version of itself at full health?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a tag that the spawned unit will have the same health as the unit that spawned it.

Instantly repairing structures, I'm thinking like a suicidal terrorist, that does negative damage? There are units that heal, so maybe I could just set the value s to heal alot at one time? Or I could use the saboteaur technique (see below).

The Hijcaker jogic is the one I originally wanted to use, but it seems to be failing me right now. I have only copied 1 module from the hijacker, and that allowed me to have the engineer capture vehicles, but when I set the capture type to structures, that seemed to not have worked. Perhaps there other tags in the hijacker which control what it captures...

The Saboteur is an interesting unit when you look at it's codes. What it does is when it enters a building, it like dies and spawns a crate. The building actually picks up the crate and faces the affects of whatever the crate dictates (lose power, money, reset time etc). I was thinking if I could get two new crates -> heal the building and change the owner, that would solve my engineering problems.

As for the ra1 engineers, the demo charge would just be to give them a little diversity.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Instantly repairing structures, I'm thinking like a suicidal terrorist, that does negative damage? There are units that heal, so maybe I could just set the value s to heal alot at one time?

None of the in-game units use weapons to heal, and negative damage won't work as healing. But there is a special damage type, HEAL, which basically functions like what it says. You would need to tweak the armour of all non-structures to make them invulnerable to that though.

Quote:
Or I could use the saboteaur technique (see below).

The effects of Saboteurs are hard-coded, and it's impossible to make them heal.

Quote:
The Hijcaker jogic ...bla bla bla

All Stars had it working, only problem is buildings captured by other engineers can't be captured by an engineer again.

For the Japanese engineer, maybe you could try messing around the combat bike logic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon