Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder 3.36: Release is imminent!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject:  OS SHP Builder 3.36: Release is imminent!
Subject description: It's going to be released asap!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the changelog:

- revisions by Banshee, contributions from VK
- Added: Copy Frames: You can now copy a mass of frames to a new SHP or an existing one. You can also make it copy the related shadow frames.
- Added: Reverse Frames: You can now reverse a mass of frames. You can also reverse the related shadow frames.
- Added: Move Frames: You can now move a mass of frames to a new SHP or an existing one. You can also make it move the related shadow frames.
- Added: Delete Frames: It allows you to delete a massive amount of frames and its respective shadows at once.
- Added: Flood and Fill with gradient. This new tool works like the normal flood and fill, except that it consider nearby colours.
- Added: Flood and Fill with Blur. This new tool floods a region based on its avarage colour.
- Added: New image effects are available. All of them are exclusive to OS SHP Builder: Poly Mean (a lighter way to blur the image), Mean Squared (another blur method that only considers neighbors), Logarithm Darkening (a nice tool to darken your colours), Square Depth (similar to X-Depth, except that it considers a square instead of an X), Uber Noise (generates too much random noise in the selected area).
- Added: Paste as New SHP. You can also select the type and game of it before pasting, so it affects the palette during conversion.
- Added: Paste as New Frame.
- Added: New Colour Conversion Method (CCM): 3D RGB Structuralis. This is something between the Full Difference and Infurim, with a quality close to Infurium, but nearly as fast as Full Difference. This is now the default CCM of the program.
- Added: Side colour on preview. You can now view your SHP with remaps on the preview window.
- Added: You are now able to export specific frames as SHP.
- Added: You are now able to export a single frame into a Sprite Sheet.
- Added: Support for 'Send To OS SHP Builder' option from OS: Voxel Viewer 1.6.
- Added: Support for compression 2 SHP (TS) files. Few files from Yuri's Revenge uses this compression. Note: The program does not save files with this compression, because it's a waste of disk space.
- Updated: Pencil is no longer the default tool. The new default tool is the dropper.
- Updated: Now, almost everywhere the user can select a CCM, you'll see a small description of the efficience of each.
- Updated: 3D RGB Infurium is now faster, since it uses caching again, but restricted to certain situations.
- Updated: Code to save SHP (TD) files received a light update.
- Updated: The caption colour of the tools in the left side is now a grey colour. Better than the old white one.
- Updated: Community links were updated.
- Updated: Help file and program icon updated. Thanks IcySon55 for the icon.
- Bug Fix: GIF files are now imported correctly and faster.
- Bug Fix: Auto Detection of transparent colour on GIF file is now done on every frame.
- Bug Fix: The program will no longer try to import empty gif frames. Instead, they'll be simply empty, with the background colour.
- Bug Fix: New generated SHP files won't save corrupted SHP (TS) files anymore. If you were victim of this trick, edit the very first byte of your SHP to 00 with a hex editor.
- Bug Fix: SHP (TS) files with no height or width will now show a warning and refuse to load them, instead of bug the program.
- Bug Fix: The program will now react properly when a user tries to create an new SHP with dimensions that the system memory can't handle.
- Bug Fix: Rendering issues that prevented users from viewing or select pixels in the borders on some zoom levels were fixed.
- Bug Fix: If you are editing a TD or RA1 SHP, the natural tendency when clicking save is to save a SHP (TD) file. The code regarding this kind detection when saving files and saving file as has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a minor MDI problem that could happen when the user was creating/opening its first SHP.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a MDI bug where several menu options of the program would not be available after the user close the first (of several) window of the opened SHP.
- Bug Fix: When you open and close files, the menu stays at the left side.
- Bug Fix: Maximized and minimized (yes, it's back) SHPs will not longer cause trouble with the menu.
- Bug Fix: The program now detects if a preview is opened or not when users create new SHP files.
- Bug Fix: Reduced chances of Importer cause Invalid File Handle problems (I/O Error 6) if the active palette doesn't exist.
- Bug Fix: Optimizing for cameos and animations in Import will now select the correct palette.
- Bug Fix: Changing the auto select background way in Import will properly choose a new colour for background.
- Bug Fix: The program will no longer crash or corrupt the list of Colours To Spare, in the Colour Replacement tool, when the user deletes the first colour.
- Bug Fix: Autoshadows is no longer available on any situation.
- Bug Fix: You can now move from the first frame to the last one, with one spin down move.
- Bug Fix: Paste will no longer consider the first colour of the clipboard bitmap to be the colour 0. The result is that blue blocks or weird blocks seen during the pasting will no longer appear.
- Bug Fix: Flood Fill, Select, Line and Dropper have proper icons in the left side.
- Removed: The following Colour Conversion Methods (CCM) were removed: Auto Selected and all non-3D RGB ones. They are still supported by the program, but the user can no longer select them. They were too bad and only caused headaches.

You can already download it from the SVN. The traditional package will be available in few hours.

Quote:
To download it with Tortoise SVN, right click an empty directory (create new one if you need), left click on SVN Checkout. Set the following URL: svn://svn.ppmsite.com/shp_builder

Then, just press OK. If you wanna get the latest update later, simply right click the same directory and left click on Import.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OS SHP Builder 3.36 has been released!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! Always wanted to have reverse frames option. #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Link is down...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which link is down, Gufu? The SVN link wasn't meant to be clicked. It was meant to be pasted on the URL textbox, once you right click your directory (and Tortoise SVN is installed) and click Checkout.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o_O havn't a damn idea what you mean

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic *rubs eyes* O.O

have all my dreams come true or what? *cheers*

auto shadows gone.... oh rat-cakes Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Auto shadows didn't work at all. Its results were totaly screwed up, Dubzac. There was no point on keeping it.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, when are you going to fix shadows. I mean when I try to paint shadows, the orginal building jump of the center so I cant do it exactly
could you upload a fixed version so I can contineu my work?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Original building jump of the center? Sorry, but I can't understand what are you talking about.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He means this:

Small problem.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.09 KB
 Viewed:  22149 Time(s)

Small problem.PNG

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the shadow frames of a .shp are like, not aligned with the normal frames. They get moved a couple pixels over.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... it should be a stupid bug in the renderer. While don't you guys create a topic about it in the Bug Report forum? The forum exists to be used. Otherwise I'll forget it at some point. And OS SHP Builder is at a very low priority for me at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum