Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
Banshee [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject:  Banshee [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From September 2004 comes the Nod Banshee for Tiberian Fate. Venompawz really liked working on this one. They look good when flying around and banking at relatively high angles.

Banshee.png
 Description:
In-game (red)
 Filesize:  101.55 KB
 Viewed:  21245 Time(s)

Banshee.png

banshee2.png
 Description:
TS Banshee was tiny
 Filesize:  94.3 KB

banshee2.png

naban_000.gif
 Description:
Spinny (red)
 Filesize:  647.69 KB

naban_000.gif

naban.rar
 Description:
vxl/hva

Download
 Filename:  naban.rar
 Filesize:  15.21 KB
 Downloaded:  763 Time(s)

EagleRed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow good work!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee would be proud.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey TimeJelly.

The voxel looks very nice. The texture detail is great and the normals look incredible.

u6795
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very, very awesome. Looks just superb quality.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

something aint right about it. i think it may be the engines

deathrider1991
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks really nice, and pretty much reminds me of Tiberian Sun's Banshee. Oh wait, it is. I like it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it! it looks exactly like the ones in the cutscenes!
Best Voxel you released yet, beautiful!
Spotlight!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, this is one of your better voxels. If the wings where completely rounded rather than having a straight edge it would be perfect, but I know you're not going to make any changes, so yeah. Good work.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well then more news for you ^__^

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah, I've posted too much news. #Tongue I'll get to it at some point.

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the nice words everybody, this was one of our favorites. What's kinda funny is that a lot of people think I must not like Tiberian Sun or something, maybe this will surprise a few people.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably the best banshee remake i've ever seen. Great work.

There are only 3 things which should be fixed to make it perfect.
1. The engines looks pixely ingame
2. The straight wing side should be round as Aro has mentioned
3. The biggest issue: I miss the Nod logo on the wings! Sad

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

shin.peter.pan
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great! but I think you may add 2 Nod logo on it.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not spotlighting it because it is a great remake of Banshee, but I'm actually spotlighting it for is quality!

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too blocky! Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From the ingame screenshot, it looks quite smoothed to be honest.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't get any smoother than this:P

The quality and also the application of colours that enhance the normals means this deserves the place in the spotlight section.

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if Banshee is a unit. I never played TS in my entire life. The Banshee that I only know is the Admin on this forum.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Julius Clonkus
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Javier wrote:
I don't know if Banshee is a unit. I never played TS in my entire life. The Banshee that I only know is the Admin on this forum.

Yes, a "Banshee" is a unit in Tiberian Sun. And it is quite annoying, because they are pretty fast and can pass your anti-air before you can pick them off the air. That's especially annoying if you forget to protect your con yard and they take it out.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't forget firestorm suicide bombs

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems spotlighting is very rare now (although I made some voxels* without black dots, with right normals + I haven't get any negative remarks, also some other new voxels seems to have spotlight quality). Confused

But sure, Kirov and this Banshee are very nice. Smile

*sukhoi S21 or concept RA3 Mirage

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm kinda talking about this.

But it looks good anyway.

rtdghdtr.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.3 KB
 Viewed:  20886 Time(s)

rtdghdtr.png

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the spotlight!

Here's a better shot of the original and new Banshee overlaid, the image from vefbl4 shows the TF Banshee a little bit at an angle. It is definitely desgined to be wider than it is longer, and for good reason: Nod was going to also get another Scrin-inspired aircraft, the deep-penetration bomber Shrike, which was actually more along the lines of the longer silhouette below vefbl4's post. M1Garand from the APB community was going to model that but never got around to it.

banshees.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.41 KB
 Viewed:  20872 Time(s)

banshees.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!