Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Feedback on OS: Voxel Viewer 1.82?
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject:  Feedback on OS: Voxel Viewer 1.82?
Subject description: If you do not post anything, it won't be improved.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you downloaded the Open Source Voxel Viewer 1.82? It's online in the SVN since sunday night and, it's downloadable at http://www.ppmsite.com (ignore the news about 1.8 ) since yesterday.

What do you think of it? What could be improved? Did you experienced anything that wasn't supposed to happen? Post it here and, if it is a quick thing, you might see it implemented asap.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloaded, tested, and I see no problems!
I opened the largest voxel I've made(vxl is 495kb) and got excellent fps over 300! + I like the new GUI placement. no problems with 360 degree gif creation.

Thanks Banshee #Tongue

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still get invisible voxels when the HVA is not in the same folder as the voxel.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The program does expects HVA in the same folder than voxels, buddy. Otherwise it will never find it.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I accept it doesn't mean I have to like it #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This....is....awesome.
Love it. One of the most useful programs Stucuk has come up with (After, of course, VXLSE )Makes previews MUCH easier. None of that silly "starting the game" stuff!
Very Happy

EDIT: Thanks, Stucuk.

Last edited by Orac on Sun May 10, 2009 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Feedback on OS: Voxel Viewer 1.82? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
still get invisible voxels when the HVA is not in the same folder as the voxel.

IIRC you shouldn't need the HVA. At least that should be the case before Banshee modifyed the internals(Im talking about a very long time ago). Without the HVA it should work, just not have voxel sections aligned properly, same with barrels, etc.

Quote:
I opened the largest voxel I've made(vxl is 495kb) and got excellent fps over 300! + I like the new GUI placement. no problems with 360 degree gif creation.

Thanks Banshee

Quote:

- revisions by Stucuk:
- Added: Support for 4 or 8 units in a scene, with distance between them set by the user.
- Added: Ability to have a fixed size opengl window (As in one which doesn't resize to the screen size but can be set to fixed sizes, which is useful when you want to position the screen before taking a screenshot/animation)
- Updated: Average FPS is increased. When moving the camera, or doing anything which constantly changes the actual scene will make the effect null for that time period.
- Updated: Some interface stuff moved to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed: White bug on images removed

- Fixed: Light Ground & Sky option now has no effect on the units lightning.
- Fixed: Unit's Spectrum no longer has any effect on the Ground and Sky's lighting.
- Note: Some features from 1.7x quick patches might have been ignored.

All Hail Banshee who never did the improvements you mentioned! Noone reads changelogs... Sad

Quote:
One of the most useful programs you clever guys have come up with

For the record, Stucuk came up with OS VV and OS HVA Builder (And made alot of versions before Banshee started maintaining them). OS Cube Normalizer and OS Palette Editor were also originaly created by Stucuk(Tho only 1-2 versions were made before Banshee joined in). OS SHP Builder was a joint "idea" with Stucuk and Banshee tho Stucuk created the first ever version by himself. VXLSE was originaly created by Will. VXLSE III was originaly programmed by Stucuk based on VXLSE II's code and Stucuk released several versions before Banshee started maintaining it.

So if you mean "One of the most useful programs Banshee and Stucuk have come up with" then you would be wrong, as only one has been jointly concieved by both Banshee and Stucuk.

Note: Im not trying to say Banshee is useless or hasn't contributed. But i do get annoyed when people say that everything i have created and spent alot of time before Banshee did anything was created by Banshee and lets all only give him credit. If it wasn't for Stucuk there would be no OS tools(Except The BIG Editor which Stucuk had nothing to do with) on PPMSite(Including OS SHP Builder as it was Stucuk who worked out how to load the first SHP file in Delphi. Granted XCC did it first, tho Stucuk and Banshee had given up on attempting to load SHP files, but Stucuk tryed one more time and succeeded). Banshee has done alot of improvements to the OS Applications through the years, tho Stucuk also should get some credit for the stuff he has done.

aristurtle
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you set a turret offset and then change the turret rotation, the turret rotates about the origin rather than about the offset.

(Also, the offset coordinates are different than in art.ini but I assume that this is intentional).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a problem with the program. After I installed it, exited the installer, the program opens up. It has no problem on that first time. However, when I wanted to us the voxel viewer again it would say "error initializing engine" and then "closing". I have windows vista service pack 1. Does anybody here know what the problem is?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, it's the same guest here. I also have the same problem with the HVA Builder.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem happens when the program does not find the palette at the:

%DirectoryOfTheProgram\Palettes\ts\unittem.pal

And both programs use the same code for it. So, make sure you are running these programs in the directory that they were installed.

+=Marvin=+
Cyborg Soldier

Location: Originally from Philipines. Currently on NZ. Hacker Type: Game Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey guest i am also having the same problem here....
can somebody please help me.
the problem that says:
"error initializing engine"

Learning C++ Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you really read my post above yours? It explains how to fix your problem.

+=Marvin=+
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, yes ive checked it and its there

Learning C++ Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is your windows version? Do you have administrative powers? Could you provide your system specifications, specially CPU, Graphics card and RAM? And could you post a picture of your %DirectoryOfTheProgram\Palettes\ts\ directory?

+=Marvin=+
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok.
2morrow

Learning C++ Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum