Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Initial Thoughts on Classic Build Style
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject:  Initial Thoughts on Classic Build Style Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

classic style

Click the button
wait for it to build
click the button again
place the building

ra3 sov style

click the button
place the foundation
the building builds

I have a feeling that these two are in fact very possible, and the latter has already been done. I have theories on how to do them:

classic
CommandSet with a group of cameos that look like the buildings. You click on each one, and it grants an upgrade (and subtracts the appropiate amount of money) to the conyard that either replaces the commandset or the building itself. The new commandeset will have a special power charging up (a modified GLA hole attack). This will give the illusion of it building the structure. When it is finished, the player selects the power and places the structure. An upgrade is then given and the ConYard is reverted back to it's original commandset/object. The structure is placed, a short buildup anim plays, and then the final structure is ready for use. There can also be a cancel button that refunds the money and reverts the ConYard back to it's original commandset/object

Problems
I don't know if I can make new support powers (hardcoded?)
I don't know if I can limit the range of where the building can be placed.

I think a weapon can also be made (I think it was suggested somewhere before to me) that spawns a foundation and then the structure builds up from that. That would allieviate both of the above problems, but I'm not sure about money, time it takes to build, etc. Perhaps I can do a combination of both methods to get the best of both worlds?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe new "generals" powers would be possible. You could check that place.

The Sov buildstyle is like a dozer with a buildlimit of one, invisible, unselectable and stuff. I think Allstars has done it.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For classic style, you can reference All Stars. One thing I know about it, is that all buildings have some sort of dummy weapon that will kill building scaffolds out of the building range.

For RA3 Soviet style, you could try spawning an object that has the same module as the GLA Hole, and use an invisible and invincible builder.

These might not work, they are purely theoretical.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have already the GLA hole logic, and it does not work. From my experimenting, the hole only builds into the strucutre if the orignal structure has been destroyed. Building the hole does not make the hole build into the building. This was before I knew alot about modules, but I'm 99% sure this doesn't work.

The allstars idea looks promising.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a far fetched idea...... is there a way to set how far a dozer has to be in order to contsruct a building? If so, I could have a dozer deploy into a conyard the same way a nuke cannon deploys from one condition state to the deployed condition state. I would thus be able use things such as upgrading locomotors, health, armor, commandset, model image, etc etc so it would essentially be a dozer that doesn't move. Just a thought.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not really sure, but I don't think there is a way for that. Again, not really sure.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you can program a structure as unit, but I'll try this first to be sure.

If it works I can make the Tesla Coil get charged by Tesla Troopers.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. Then I could also give a structure some kind of locmotor that wont allow it move, but allow it to hover over water, right?

The-Light, if we worked around the sneak attack ability, is there anyway to limit range?

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably not, the sneak attack is a special power.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was afraid of that. Second speculation: Is there any way to increase the range that a dozer can be from a building to have it construct?

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There doesn't seem to be any parameter about the build range, so I'd say no.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can build anywhere as long as it's flat enough and not painted with [insert]. The only limit is the dozer making it there, or if the scaffold gets blown up, as you know already.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coding structures as units could be done, but I'd only suggest it to be done for Sov Tesla tower, (and shipyards), not any structure of tech, cause I don't know whether a unit can be a prerequisite. btw, production structures might be difficult too.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case you haven't heard The_Light, we scrapped the CY system. Maybe we should have an IC battle sometime soon again #Tongue

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I knew that conyard method wasen't going to be it, but my post had more to do with allowing a Tesla Coil to be charged by Tesla Troopers, Simply said a Structure can't do that normally.

As for Classic build style, maybe when the rest of IC is done I'll take a look at it, or more precisely at the RA3 and CnC 3 way of Conyard building.

As for the IC battle, maybe, dunno my timetable yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon