Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Fightercraft
Moderators: EVA-251
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:  Fightercraft
Subject description: Harassing, Scouting, Assaulting, Defending, you name it, it does it.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Invader Fightercraft (SSIA designation XI-12)
Cost: 1600
Armor: Light
Speed: Extremely Fast
Weapon:HIAACLS (High Intensity, Advanced Air Combat Laser System)
Range: Medium
Array Tech, Tier-2 Anti-Air/Surface VTOL

The Fightercraft, or XI-12 by SSIA designation is quite possibly one of the most powerful and fast moving aircraft to exist in human history.

Fielding first during the Main War, the Fightercraft was designed to be a dual-role support aircraft capable of engaging anything its scanners could pick up. Unlike Invader ground vehicles, Fightercraft are actually pilot-assisted robots, where the pilot provides additional navigational and combat abilities to complement the AI.

Compared to VTOLs of its time and helicopters of the 21st century, the Fightercraft is not just miles, but light-years ahead in both weapons and mobility technology. Despite such advancements, the XI-12 has a distinct lack of armor protection that was exploited fully in the 2013 Incursion. In the series of skirmishes that made up the Incursion, F-22s decisively defeated most of the XI-12s fielded in a kill-loss ratio of roughly 5:1. Furthermore, recent reports indicate that against Mi-30 Gunships, the ratio was 2:1. It is argued that this ratio would be even higher if it wasn't for the fact that the Fightercraft can so easily escape the Mi-30's reach that there is a distinct lack of a metaphor to describe it, and that Fightercraft AI/Pilots exploited this to the fullest.

The Fightercraft's weapon assets are second in importance to the survival of the vehicle- with an advanced integrated targeting system, the dual laser cannons that the Fightercraft uses guarantee a 100% hit rate against even the fastest air and land targets.

Notes:
The XI-12 is the fastest thing in the skies; it is rumored that some Fightercraft can outrace even the F-22 Raptor.
The XI-12's weapon system is designed to hit all targets provided they aren't hiding. Capable of doing respectable damage to infantry, armor and fortified positions, XI-12s often are the first wave of Invader attacks.
The XI-12 has much lighter armor than it's larger brother, the XI-15 Heavy Bomber. Furthermore, the XI-12 has lighter armor than most VTOLs and Helicopters in service with both the SSIA and EDF, including the vaunted Mi-30 Gunship.

Final Notes: Voxel by Yurisarmy.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Boogiewoo0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like the hanging nose. It seems too aerodynamically challenged. Other than that It's great. It has a unique shape to it.

MT wrote:
You are so worthless, not even Tiberium can grow on you.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, nose looks a little strang, but I like it. Also I have the sudden urge to shoot it down.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boogiewoo0 wrote:
I don't like the hanging nose. It seems too aerodynamically challenged. Other than that It's great. It has a unique shape to it.

Although I can't necessarily speak entirely for Yurisarmy, when we were talking about how this thing would look, it was decided that we wanted to stray as far from a "human" design, awhile not exactly being "alien".

Ultimately, there were two big concepts for the Fightercraft, one without the "beak" as we called it, and one with it. Personally, I liked the appearance of the "beak", so we went with that one.

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Also I have the sudden urge to shoot it down.

Completely mutual. It doesn't matter who uses them, AI or human, they are incredibly annoying to fight. #Tongue

This is just me being a lazy AI coder, but they use the Floating Disc's AI scripts, and well, imagine a super-fast strike unit with no interest other than your Power Plants. >.>

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Owww.... Makes me want to use Berlin-style AA (as many of the biggest AA weapons you can get in a huge ring #Tongue)

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, completely agree albrecht

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still think it's a bit too large #Tongue Scale it down a bit? Outracing a Raptor? Damn. Our pride is at stake! #Tongue

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
I still think it's a bit too large #Tongue Scale it down a bit? Outracing a Raptor? Damn. Our pride is at stake! #Tongue

Oddly enough, it was quite a bit bigger in the past. lol

As for the speed thing, yes, it is actually faster than the in-game Raptor (or was prior to a recent patch), which is the fastest Air-pad air-unit. Of course, the speed scale in RA2 is fubared.

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was freakin huge in the past man. Then I resized it too small, to the point that it could be a carrier-launched plane. Very Happy

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon