Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
TS GDI Kodiak in Battlestar Galactica
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [63 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
G3
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject:  TS GDI Kodiak in Battlestar Galactica
Subject description: Gawd! Time-Space Distortions Happening in Here!! Help! doctor
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked

It's from Battlestar Galactica Season 4. Episode 20

is there anyone who knows, what the situation is!?

345345.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.48 KB
 Viewed:  13126 Time(s)

345345.jpg

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit! I wonder if ea has found out?

wait you photoshopped this right?

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like that Nod carrier.

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

G3
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No way, i didn't

that is the original scene

if you can't believe this, take that episode and see it

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL this is so cool.....battlestar kodiak

Hydraw Art on Facebook

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will see, I will see. Very Happy

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it photoshopped?

If it's real, nice..

Last edited by Elerium-155 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this even in the right place? #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People are suggesting me to crap this photoshop job #Tongue.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's PS'ed. You can see a dark outlining around the Kodiak where it is over the tube thing #Tongue

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, nice one. There is a clear match!
But this thread looks to be more suited for offtopic discussion center #Tongue

Javier wrote:
I like that Nod carrier.

xD he does it again! xD

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, got beaten to it!

Its real. I saw it, jumped the hell out of my seat when I saw it! Scared a few people.. #Tongue
When two of my favourite worlds come crashing together, I get excited!

Its about 14mins into the episode, should anyone else want to verify for themselves.

No idea why its there, but I absolutely want to know! Maybe Eric Gooch is working on BSG in the background? Or just one of the art guys loves TS? Either way, awesome!

Last edited by Muldrake on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake! You're back!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No he isn't

*commences to beat muldrake and stuff him back in the box I had stuffed him in *

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eric Gooch didn't model the Kodiak, Muldrake, it was made by Chris Demers Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
rientation of image: 1
File change date and time: 2009:03:21 19:01:31
Software used: Adobe Photoshop CS Windows

Rolling Eyes

The guy saved the image into the photoshop. What is wrong with that?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I like that Nod carrier

That's the Kodiac, moron... GDI's mobile HQ for like, the whole of TS, first FS mission is to recover the tacitus from its crash site?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG, i can't believe it. Surprised
And she also looks very beautiful. Much more detailed than the other civilian vessels on the pic.
Why do i have to wait so long before i can see it in germany too. #Mad

Can someone upload more pics or even a movie of this scene?
Are there anymore different views of the kodiak? I just noticed that this is the first time you can see the bottom of the kodiak in a very good resolution.
Does she also have in the movie those cool blue engine streams?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well there are a couple of BSG actors in tiberium wars, maybe they just used the Kodiak to reference that, though I would have expected something related to TW, but I guess only the Philadelphia could have been used then, and it's a quite generic space station, so it could have been unnoticed.
Anyways the black outline made me doubt if it was real, but since Muldrake says so, and it's the only detailed image I've seen of the bottom of the ship...
Can't wait to verify if it's real Very Happy.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who knows, maybe McNeil or some Orca Fighters might make a cameo appearance in a BoE-ish battle >.>

...just kidding. Looks pretty cool, though.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

youtube it or didn't happen. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy ztyping shit. It's real, and I don't even watch the series Shocked

Those who still doubt: GTFO Razz

kodiak1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  258.75 KB
 Viewed:  12887 Time(s)

kodiak1.png

kodiak2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  241.31 KB
 Viewed:  12885 Time(s)

kodiak2.png

kodiak3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  414.03 KB
 Viewed:  12886 Time(s)

kodiak3.png

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I say is: LOLWUT xD

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Watched Stygs's vid. Kodiak is just drifting there aimlessly (note engines aren't on)... basically it's everything the pics already showed earlier.

The white lady~!

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's like if the text on the side of this Kodiak was blurred so we couldn't see "3A Kodiak" written on it Razz

Except that if you look at this pic, you can see that there is no text on the right side of the craft.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To make it easier:

Go ask the BSG people. #Tongue

...kidding.

G3
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I have in my mind is ,

The kodiak never needed to be 'remodeled'

since it is just floating on a certain position, it never go turned or come closer, so it's easy

they cut out the rendered '2D kodiak' which already was in the fmv, placed in some position and panned .

if someone check for it does identicle in every frames or not, my hypothesis would make sense.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

She moves in the scene, although she doesn't change angle so its hard to say from that whether she's a render of 2D image. However her lighting is pretty much bang on for the rest of the rendered ships in the fleet, which wouldn't have been easy to done by just taking a 2D image from a game video. She also looks a lot cleaner and realistic than I've ever seen her, with nice level of detail. I'd say she was a rendered model, not a 2D image.

Definitely a nice little egg one of the 3D artists put in, who was probably a fan of TS. Damn right, too.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder what the response would be in PPM if a Devastator/PAC/Motharshop appeared in a Cylon fleet.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree with Muldrake, she really seems to be a render. In the game FMV's she even had in flight the landing struts visible. Because they aren't visible in the BSG scene, i assume they removed them so the Kodiak looks more like a spacecraft rather than an atmospheric flying command centre with spaceflight capabilities.

Public SHPs

Tools

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow. Very Happy
that's amazing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
I wonder what the response would be in PPM if a Devastator/PAC/Motharshop appeared in a Cylon fleet.

more likely it will be a Nod Banshee as an advanced heavy cylon fighter. Very Happy

Public SHPs

Tools

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

more likely it will be a Nod Banshee as an advanced heavy cylon fighter. Very Happy

Well considering the Banshee was sort of inspired by the Cylon Raider (old one)...

The white lady~!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
She moves in the scene, although she doesn't change angle so its hard to say from that whether she's a render of 2D image. However her lighting is pretty much bang on for the rest of the rendered ships in the fleet, which wouldn't have been easy to done by just taking a 2D image from a game video. She also looks a lot cleaner and realistic than I've ever seen her, with nice level of detail. I'd say she was a rendered model, not a 2D image.

Definitely a nice little egg one of the 3D artists put in, who was probably a fan of TS. Damn right, too.

damn it you got out of your box again! *beats muldrake again and stuffs him inside an iron chest and welds it shut*

Ya definitely a full 3d model. as to whether or not it is the original model we will never know.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ORCACommander wrote:
as to whether or not it is the original model we will never know.

why not? is there no official BSG forum or the chance to get an official statement?

oh and if you don't do it now, i'll come to you and free Muldrake myself. So please let him free or i'll send you my SHP Mech Army. Very Happy

btw, it would be nice if G3 or a mod/admin could give the topics title a better description. At least the words BSG and Kodiak should stand in it imo, so the search engine has it easier to find it.

Public SHPs

Tools

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you honestly think a box could keep me wrapped up, Orca?
I think it'd be safe to say that currently I'm in a non-corporeal state, phasing in and out of PPM, so boxes won't do you much good.

Title changed.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just... Effing... Amazing.

G3
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so a meat popsicle did the work,

anyone going to ask things up for BSG guys?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

something after 18:00, there is front shot which means it wasn't just 1 render...
BTW, I am not sure, but I think I saw Kodiak even in some previous episode, nice easter egg... Rolling Eyes

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Say, Let us talk with thy Eric Gooch about this, eh?

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did anyone save that Youtube video?

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Say, Let us talk with thy Eric Gooch about this, eh?

But Eric did the Montauk, not the Kodiak (that was done by Chris Demers)...

The white lady~!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
(that was done by Chris Demers)...

Which is what I pointed out above -_-

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I can say is: Holy Epic Crap.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Valdez wrote:
(that was done by Chris Demers)...

Which is what I pointed out above -_-

Well it's worth saying again. Look how people here keep going all omg over the Kodiak cameo.

The white lady~!

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, its a full 3D model, and not a 2D render
here it is from another angle
(this is the best I could do)

I never watch BSG, but this is just cool.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!